• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are You DEPENDANT On Any DRUGS To SLEEP?

Sobrietysucks

Bluelighter
Survey: Anyone here feel like they can't sleep unless they take something?

1.what substance you take?

2.do you use it every night? If not, do you have trouble with sleep when you don't?

3.. How long have you been taking it for?

Thanks!

i used to have insomnia, so i was prescribed diazepam, three months later i tried to go to sleep without my nightly tablet and realized that i not only had insomnia - i now had a benzodiazepine addiction!

nowadays i can't sleep without subutex, B, diazepam or copious amounts of booze (obv not all at once)

1) cannabis, used to need benzos and opiates to sleep before.
2) every night that I can, times without can be sleepless or not depending generally on circumstance and mood.
3) 10 years daily.

alcohol gives me shit sleep. weed helps me get through the day better than anything else.

I was dependant on diphenhydramine to sleep. I used it nightly from the time I was 15 to 25 years old. So.. 10 years. I recently started on Mirtazepine and it's working well.

I take my prescribed klonopin, and either melatonin or sleepinal(diphenhydramine). Cant sleep with out my kpins as I'm not only dependent on them, but have terrible insomnia, and I need one of the other two sleep meds along with it, just to sleep like a normal person. As a teen to young adult I smoked weed EVERY night before bed, a blunt of some good hydro weed of whatever strain, always good stuff though, to the head. That used to be my nightly sleep med, but now I hardly ever smoke, just very occasionally. Still helps me sleep great though when I do, especially with klonopin.

I find Ibuprofen gets me off to sleep if I'm having one of those restless nights.

I've cycled through a variety of prescription sleep medicine, namely trazodone, zolpidem & diazepam. For the past 4 or 5 years.

Also opiates, although those were not prescribed. And weed. And OTC drugs like antihistamines.

I'm currently working on breaking my dependence on such substances, though. I haven't used a GABAergic (or other substance) to sleep for the past two weeks or so and, while I still have difficulty falling asleep, it is getting better. Relying on any medication for sleep is something I want to be done with. :p

Used to be my prescribed Klonopin. That stopped working, Ambien does nothing for me. I take Seroquel now but noticing a tolerance. I have tried every natural sleep aid product and nothing helps.

I use it eveynight or no sleep. I sometimes will wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares and a pounding heart and will have to throw some benzos down.It dosent help that I have to be up at 5:30

If I don't take anything I won't sleep, I get very anxious and angry at night a lot of intrusive thoughts, plus OCD.

Cant sleep anywhere except my house no matter what I take, if I do fall asleep it will be for no more than an hour, so I got that going for me which nice.

Currently I take diphenhydramine every night 75mg. I sometimes also take a melatonin but not always. Have done this for 3 years give or take. Was on ambien and Lunesta and trazodone at separate times in the past before that but each had their problems.

Im addicted to kratom, so without a dose of that in either the late afternoon or nighttime, i could not fall asleep

Anyone else find alcohol works best for bed time and as well as pre-bed time? lol

first it was clonodine that was prescribed then alcohol, various sleep meds then benzos/booze, then just booze now just benzos this all started at age 10. im sure watching dad have 6-10 drinks at 10pm on the dot everynight my whole life has something to do with it.

Nope. I have some times problem with sleeping but I avoid using drugs to deal with that .