• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Paraphernalia Are vaporizers a different high

Branggen

Bluelighter
So a bong toke and smoking the vape definitely seem to do different things. Im just not sure if its the fact you get a lot higher from a bong along with the rush of it coming on much quicker, and that that you need to smoke a lot more from a vape to get to the same point?

Or is it just a different high regardless because some of the compounds have vaping temperatures that basically require combustion?

Salutations Branggen,

...is it just a different high regardless because some of the compounds have vaping temperatures that basically require combustion?

The fact is that's a necessary evolution, at the cost of the characteristic smell which betrays us when not combusting alone.

Thinking of easilly smell-offensed neighbours i was about to write a diatribe to conclude with an invitation to ask "C.O.R.P.I.Q." representatives about additional coercitive measures in my province (of Québec), complemented with politic comments before i mention "vilification" ways, failures of our public institutions, feeding on combustion-contaminated statistics serving the other clan and its twisted "Drug-Free World" legacy...

I was about to argue that a very vast majority of new consumers get initiated via self-vilification the very 1st time: it turns out, generally-speaking, that lesson #1 is all too often focussed on performing the "ultimate" toke - which of course becomes gradually ellusive with each additional attempt, potentially even installing some obcessive pattern long before the initiated explored his fair share of the good aspects as well... Instead a tolerance issue eventually emerges and then a need to "T-Break", etc.

Someday the fun from testing new thresholds is replaced by a simple need to go sleep: that's the natural conclusion of repeated dosing abuse, the "couch-lock".

In any case cannabis ain't like pushing an escalator button and waiting for the door to re-open, not for me anyway. We should regret that many more generations are still condemned to get cannabis-educated through vilification vectors before anything else, as if all consumers must end up as error experts, trained to perpeturate excessive consumption profiles, etc.

Cease your luck! Better late than never when it comes to gaining control via a more suitable consumption method, e.g. not inviting party extremes, ideally.

Learn to be critical of the product's features, resist multiple temptations to step into the self-vilification trap so to break an infernal cycle, for the sake of many more generations targetted by increasingly socio-toxic legacy rooted in the Victorian age - literally.

And now it's gona be hard to plead ignorance as a defense, with your eyes open.

Please pick your next vaporizer wisely as it's having a major influence on the consuming habit IMO. The Volcano bags recenter our whole universe around a piece of paraphernalia for about 2 ~ 3 minutes, for example, and once done with anticipative build-up it's not likely you'll just take what you need and waste the rest, etc...

In other words all "tools" ain't equal if the universe is to become what we make it, instead of falling for another "T-Break"... One selection criteria should be the avoidance of "baking", not to mention chronic exposure to "Pest Control Products" by the dozen, as non-detectable "traces" of "legal" soups, incuding the mari-caca i call "Zyklon Kosher" - you get the picture...

Overall i find "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation" is a step in the right direction, away from vilification serving fanatics who'd rather have us all revert to combustion again, while preparing more plans for future so-called "public health" offensives. In The Name Of Children they pretend.

Too bad it's still impossible for me to offer a solid consumption tool suggestion today - but rest assured going back to combustion is no rewarding option anyway.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

You are right. If you are used to ripping 3 footers, vaping on flower is going to be much lighter. It creeps slower too.

Not sure what kind of vape you got, but like the pax3 for example. Make sure you are constantly stirring the oven. You will get a load of hits. By the time its done, hitting it will produce 0 vapor. And whatever is left will be dust. You will feel it.

I go back and forth basically. Sometimes vaping is convenient. You can pack a full oven in the pax and when out and about conveniently smoke on it near all day.

And well, trying to take care of my lungs a bit better these days.

Hi again Branggen,

...need to smoke a lot more from a vape to get to the same point?

Hoping i was expected to add some supplement, lets just says 1 single toke "costs" me about 20 ~ 30 mg and nearly ~100 Joules, maybe i must double that or cut by half but not fivefold anyway.

...the compounds have vaping temperatures...

Sure, in principle they do, but not only...

In the begining i focussed on temperatures too, then later realized a simple "joint" still used to get me plenty of "activated" THC and this never required that i should wait 30 minutes, not even 3 (...), or not even much more than 3 seconds actually. Of course in vaporization we don't throw away the substrate and energy source as for combustion ashes, which was most convenient at a time, though not anymore: just search for ashtrays in the environment...

Nonetheless i believe the closest and less harsh smoking emulation ain't slow 'n steady at all; on the contrary, as an ex-smoker myself i find the consumption method which serves me best (besides definitive abstainance...) has to come with "Inlet Water" (captured under the form of extra-hot exhaust H2O and CO2 gases resulting from clean-burning butane, e.g. where carbonic gas also carries a lot of heat and then it's no worse than having a soft drink, except the butane MUST be well-filtered!), euh... Which occurs as 2 separate phases i like to illustrate as shown below:
David-vs-Goliath-Burst-mode-Sling-Analogy-480x230.png

M'well, does it not correspond to what's taking place in a cigarette/"joint"?? Except in combustion there's severe denaturation coming right behind the heat wave... My vaporizer conveniently provides part of the ritual without most of its self-poisoning side-effects, although i must express concern relative to long-term exposure to potential butane-related contaminants for people with a long vaporist life expectancy, hence my profound motivation to investigate Induction Heat driving as a substitute - the only one i can think of which is directly compatible with that Inlet Water now proven essential to perpetuate my favourite hobby. Athletes with pink lungs would hardly notice the difference IMO.

Not sure what kind of vape you got...

It's partly described above, if you ask me that's a customized VaporGenie pipe and it does make me stirr between bowls, on top of routine maintenance necessary to enjoy it fully. Which is fine because inert objects ignored for too long as air-conditioning conduits, for example, can hide unpleasant surprizes after a while, so i think the cleanest the better and often. My pipe is assorted with 2 brushes and 2 pick tools, one shaped like a miniature spoon to scoop into shredded flower debris and noble trichomes glands, hopefully.

The FireFly once inspired me some envy, unfortunately it's going to be dry and without Inlet Water i've exhausted all options. My impression is that there's obviously more decarboxylation in an ovenizer scenario and this could prove especially beneficial in portable situations. Too bad slow 'n steady makes me personally miserable, physically. In addition deep extraction doesn't feel appealing because the vegetal substrate ain't the ultimate filtering organ, while in a trichome gland noble substances get collected in a most natural/convenient packing format: e.g. on a molecular basis, which is excellent filtration at an extremely efficient quality-cost ratio...

Etc., etc.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
Why you can't be sure? There's more?

I don't think it's a placebo at all, though I'm not sure if combustion actually "adds more chemicals to the mix." I also wouldn't call the high from a vaporizer different from smoking.... it's similar enough that I'd call them two variants of the same high, kind of like indica and sativa are both cannabis but tend to produce products on opposite ends of the... the... the cannabic(?) spectrum.

The differences tend to concern the onset of the high, duration and intensity. Push comes to shove, though, take a batch of bud and roll a joint, then load a vape from the same batch. You're gonna come out both ends feeling pretty much the same way.

9 times out of 10 I'm vaping my flower, because it's quick, convenient, and helps me prolong the life of my stash because it takes less to get high with my vape than it does when I smoke joints and blunts. The jury's still out on glass, though, I haven't hit a piece since I bought my pax3 way back when.

All this holds true for wax/oil/dabs/cartridges, in my experience, the biggest difference with these extracts is that it's ridiculously easy for a person to overdo themselves and end up super high off of relatively few hits

When tolerance is very high, vaping might seem like a placebo. Works well when you don't smoke much, if at all. Check out the new inhalers being offered at various dispensaries. I used to dab alot, but now forced to only use edibles.

When tolerance is very high, vaping might seem like a placebo. Works well when you don't smoke much, if at all. Check out the new inhalers being offered at various dispensaries. I used to dab alot, but now forced to only use edibles.

I still don't have access to a dispensary or any close-to-home weed stores, but I'm curious how well the inhalers work. Are they decent, do you know, or more of a novelty kind of thing?

aren't there different psychoactive chemicals produced during the combustion process? That's what I always thought

I much prefer smoking vs vaping I feel like I get higher