• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Are there side effects to smoking burnt meth?

Koka-kola

Bluelighter
I'm relatively new to smoking crystal so I have a few questions.

1. Are there any serious side effects to smoking over cooked meth? (Aside from the obvious aide effects from just the meth itself)

2. Whats a good way to get as much smoke as I can without burning it? Ive heard you're supposed to use a bic lighter and hold it an inch away from the bowl but that's very time consuming, the lighter burns my thumb before I can get any real hits, and having to roll the bowl for that long makes my hand cramp. I used a torch for a while and that got me some good hits but I over cooked almost a whole g that way.

It tastes like shit and the pryolisis creates all kinds of other chemicals that are probably toxic. Also, the burned stuff is often the cut which is unknown in toxicity. But it's normal for your meth to gradually turn a caramel colour as you smoke it, no matter how clean it is. You'll know when it's burned by the really foul taste.

There are a lot of opinions on the best way to smoke meth. Mostly the debate is over bic vs torch. However both those methods are sub-optimal. The bic blackens your bowl for starters and it gets to hot. The torch vaporises things too quickly and you either lose product or burn it unless you are extremely careful.

By far the best option is a spirit burner. Which is a little glass container with a narrow wick that burns denatured alcohol/methylated spirits. The flame is very small and burns without smoke at just around the temperature that meth melts nd vaporises (so long as you keep the flame tiny). It's almost impossible to burn a bowl using one. A lot of people home-make them using a perfume bottle and a bicycle pump spike (the kind you use for inflating footballs and basketballs) with a shoelace for the wick. But you can buy a similar thing from Amazon or eBay. Just search for spirit burner.

Tastes like arse and will linger.

If you can't use a bic to vape you can use a jet lighter and put the flame on low setting then hold it a little further. Less likely to burn your hand, but they run out of gas quicker.

Does over cooking the crystal lessen it's effects?

Burning it makes it impossible to even inhale so I can’t say. Some people recommend parachuting the burned bits (brown not absolutely charred black) and still getting some benefit out of it.

Burning it makes it impossible to even inhale so I can’t say. Some people recommend parachuting the burned bits (brown not absolutely charred black) and still getting some benefit out of it.
Would would qualify as "burnt" exactly? Like when It becomes this brown caramel-ish color. Or when it's totally black?

Would would qualify as "burnt" exactly? Like when It becomes this brown caramel-ish color. Or when it's totally black?
Caramel is fine to keep smoking. It’s only when the taste turns that you want to stop and maybe scrape it out and parachute it. If it goes to totally black it’s dead and worthless. But it’s not that easy to burn it black if you watch what you are doing. Remember the meth keeps getting hotter even after you take the flame away from the heat stored in the glass of the bowl. So be really conservative and pull the flame away early. The meth will keep liquefying and pluming even without the direct flame if the glass is hot enough.

What does it mean if the shard immediately turns to the brown colored liquid and tastes bad right away? Is it all cut?

What does it mean if the shard immediately turns to the brown colored liquid and tastes bad right away? Is it all cut?
Yes. Chuck that stuff out. However, sometimes good meth shards and mixed in with cut and it is possible to separate them out and clean your meth using an acetone wash. It takes but 10 minutes and will make most meth taste a hell of a lot better and removes a lot of crap that burns easily.

You should also think about testing your meth to see if it is really meth using a simple and cheap reagent test. You can buy them online and they are legal.

After checking the crackback amongst other tests it looks like I was given a bag of just or mostly MSM...I guess the moral of this story is don't fw that guy anymore lol. Thanks for the help y'all ✌️

Last edited:
If it’s not horribly burnt I know a way to fix the taste. Get your can of butane, turn it upside down. Take your pipe, and use your nail to push down to spray just a little bit of butane into the top hole into the bowl. Just a little. Then take your bic and lite the hole. You’ll get a little flame on the top. Let it burn itself out. Normally one time is all you need and the burnt taste will be gone.

If it’s not horribly burnt I know a way to fix the taste. Get your can of butane, turn it upside down. Take your pipe, and use your nail to push down to spray just a little bit of butane into the top hole into the bowl. Just a little. Then take your bic and lite the hole. You’ll get a little flame on the top. Let it burn itself out. Normally one time is all you need and the burnt taste will be gone.
Damn man, if only I saw your message a bit ago. Just finished off the rest of that bag after I had after an acetone wash. Oh well, still good advice

I know people that scrape the burnt meth, they will keep it or sell it for dirt cheap. So long as it isn't dark brown it isn't too bad just tastes like shit. I've gotten a hell of a lot higher off some that wasn't too burnt cause most of the cut was cooked out but if it's dark brown you just have to man up and roast it or trash it...

I used to use Bics or candles with mixed results. I'm currently using a Sterno Wandy Wick (made for chafing dishes) and it's great. Good temp, no black.

Is this essentially the same as a spirit burner? I got it for 3 bucks at a grocery store and it's supposed to last 4 hours (constantly lit). I expect it to last me several days.