• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are there certain people who don’t feel withdrawal from Benzo use?

I've had 2 seizures from benzo withdrawals. After second one i couldnt remember who I was for 5 minutes, or the year, president, etc. i was taking about 6-10mg of xanax a day then ran out. Takes about 2 days to have a grand mau seizure. Broke shoulder when I blacked out and dead weighted onto concrete floor. Benzos are no joke. Treat with respect they deserve.
If you every have to taper remember that if you've been taking more than 2mg a day you're in seizure zone. i've found that in a pinch to go from 6mg a day "safely:" take 4 mg for a few days, then 2 mg a few days, then 1 mg for a week, then .5 for a week. if you're desperate you can try halfing dose every three days. The longer you've been taking high doses the longer you need. Medical opinion is 8 weeks but I've tapered in one halfing dose till i got to 1mg and took those then .5 for a few more days. It's risky but better than cold turkey, If you feel you're going to have the seizure get a script for librium from any doctor or, if needed, ER. Remember, the seizures come with no warnings: One minute you're writing a legal motion the next minute the paramedics are over you. Just don't want anyone to go through what I have. Also, taking liquid xanax increases your tolerance so fast is like guarantee seizure eventually, so avoid it.

I didn't experience many physical withdrawal symptoms after tapering off a daily etizolam habit slightly too quickly with pyrazolam many years ago. I was probably taking daily benzos for around a year. I think the pyrazolam worked best for me because the main symptom I got from withdrawal was the rebound anxiety but I still had some, I did it with a method similar to that described above
I don't know anyone whose had no physical or mental withdrawal symptoms whatsoever after coming off benzos whether tapered or not.

I have talked to someone on here who said they were on clonazepam (prescription, taken as directed) for 20 years and have never had withdrawals. But I also wonder if they've ever gone more than a few days without, withdrawals from long-acting benzos don't start right away and will take up to a week to peak.

I've had 2 seizures from benzo withdrawals. After second one i couldnt remember who I was for 5 minutes, or the year, president, etc. i was taking about 6-10mg of xanax a day then ran out. Takes about 2 days to have a grand mau seizure. Broke shoulder when I blacked out and dead weighted onto concrete floor. Benzos are no joke. Treat with respect they deserve.
So, see, I am so scared that this is going to happen to me when I stop taking hydrocodone because of the massive amount of time and dose that I was once taking.

And I do feel xanax really messed with my mind badly. Like in a bad way. And it seemed when I stopped taking them is when the cluster headaches started. And I had given up opioids too. So now I do still have a lot of trouble with slowness and being delayed. I want to fix it though. But my wrist problem resulting in injury has really put a speedbump in life's path. Can't do nothing and pain leads to other downfalls. But sometimes I don't even want to keep trying now.

I was always so physically active and now it keeps leading to other ailments by being so lazy.

But anyway the xanax wasn't good for me at all because I like to get up and do and not have to be in relaxed mode everyday. I really needed the xanax for the painful struggles and the physical hurt from stopping all opioids. It didn't go well for me.

No cluster headaches anymore with the hydrocodone daily doses.

However, xanax is much more potent and volatile and more severe in effects and yes do be cautious. Find support literature ect.