• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are there any signs of when I should stop using meth for a while?

Kaseynicole18

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so I've recently started smoking ice instead of snorting because I like it better. I'm the type of person to hit it numerous times and not just a couple and I'm good. To me smoking it is more of a calmer high than smoking it and i don't seem to get the big rush that other people get when I smoke it. I find it more intense when I snort it, whereas smoking you feel high but not jumping off the walls sort of thing. Usually if I'm doing coke or snorting ice, I know when to chill out with it by how fast my heart is beating but smoking doesn't make it race as much so I was wondering if anybody knows of any signs that tells them when to put the pipe away for a while so they don't smoke too much. Serious answers only please and please no comments about how it's bad and I shouldn't be doing this, I already get lectured in my real life I would just like to hear what has worked for you. Thank you :)

That is your sign right there :) questioning your use usually is the #1 reason you have a problem, perhaps...

It's a hard question to answer, as not all drugs are created equally. For instance, if I'm a Cannabis smoker, I'm probably not going to experience consequences of any kind whatsoever until use escalates pretty massively. Methamphetamine, as it's used in its recreational, high-dosage form, is inherently bad for you. Getting high on Methamphetamine for one night has immediate and powerful consequences, sapping your body of nutrients and hydration, robbing your brain of important neurotransmitters and costing you untold productivity as a result.

So, almost any Methamphetamine use is going to be harmful, so it's really up to you as to what degree you'd like to limit the damage.