• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Are there any meds 'similar' to weed ?

I use simple edible oil from cannabis for my ADHD. Self medicating with alcohol til I found edibles and now I'm on a prescription. Some issues getting used to psychedelic head space for the first couple years. Focused concentration is normal now unless I've taken about 5 days off in a row. 10 years on, I'm positive, functional and a productive member of the community. No interest in drinking despite a 20+year career as an alcoholic.

I try to not smoke it since I get burnt out the next day, using it as an edible there is no morning after issue, it becomes a series of good days and my life did a 180 in nearly every way.

I used to self medicate with alcohol (beer) for 10 years approx, then I became a bit ' allergic ' so it doesn't do the trick anymore ( I couldn't get drunk even if I tried , I just fall asleep ).
I had thought about CBD oil but I'm a bit worried that the effect would be similar to the "pot brownies bad trip" that I had many years ago.

I've just found this Supplement and it looks promising ( but expensive ) :

I've already tried Ginseng and Gingko Biloba,they increased Stamina and Alertness but I didn't notice any change with calmness or concentration

You could try Honokiol (magnolia extract).

There is a long history of it's use in Chinese medicine, it's also being researched as an adjunct to chemotherapy as it is purported to slow the growth of tumors. Some other things that make it interesting, from what I can remember of the scholarly articles I've read are it's natural cabbanoid content, and very slight GABAergic qualities. It's typically used as a relaxant, you'd have to read up on it a bit more to get a better idea for yourself.

Anecdotally, I've trialed it and found it helped with clarity of thought. I suffer from ADHD and scatterbrain (thoughts happen all at once and putting them in order is difficult for me), but on about 200 mg of Honokiol, I recall having an uncanny order to the day. Everything I had on my "to do" list was approached very systematically, and without anxiety that typically comes from the percieved sense that the list of tasks is one mass of anxieties which is hard to approach in a "one step at a time" manner.

I've also heard that regularly use can cause some dependency, but I have never experienced it, nor have I experienced significant withdrawl from abrupt cessation phenibut or etizolam. I only purchased a 5-gram order to trial as and I did enjoy it, but having access to much stronger gabaergics had pretty much made the efficacy of it null due to cross tolerance. Might be worth a little more reading into.

You could try Honokiol (magnolia extract).

There is a long history of it's use in Chinese medicine, it's also being researched as an adjunct to chemotherapy as it is purported to slow the growth of tumors. Some other things that make it interesting, from what I can remember of the scholarly articles I've read are it's natural cabbanoid content, and very slight GABAergic qualities. It's typically used as a relaxant, you'd have to read up on it a bit more to get a better idea for yourself.

Anecdotally, I've trialed it and found it helped with clarity of thought. I suffer from ADHD and scatterbrain (thoughts happen all at once and putting them in order is difficult for me), but on about 200 mg of Honokiol, I recall having an uncanny order to the day. Everything I had on my "to do" list was approached very systematically, and without anxiety that typically comes from the percieved sense that the list of tasks is one mass of anxieties which is hard to approach in a "one step at a time" manner.

I've also heard that regularly use can cause some dependency, but I have never experienced it, nor have I experienced significant withdrawl from abrupt cessation phenibut or etizolam. I only purchased a 5-gram order to trial as and I did enjoy it, but having access to much stronger gabaergics had pretty much made the efficacy of it null due to cross tolerance. Might be worth a little more reading into.

Very interesting, I'll do some research, thanks.

The Mucuna purines sound interesting as well. I bet anything that helps with the synthesis of dopamine would pair well with bromantane. It's been one of my favorite "go to" nootropics lately, but I find it more useful for training than cognition. None the less, I can attest to some positive outcomes from regimented use alongside physical training.

ok coool----------------------------------I can tell u this 1800 mg gabapentin is about the feeling of weed i take it and klonopin im basically high all day -------------------GABAPENTIN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

ok coool----------------------------------I can tell u this 1800 mg gabapentin is about the feeling of weed i take it and klonopin im basically high all day -------------------GABAPENTIN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I was about to say Lyrica (pregabalin) :) I thought it was my weird brain chemistry though - I really don’t like weed in any shape or form and don’t much like Lyrica. My mother can’t live without it though hehe. Klonopin/any benzo I like a bit too much.

I was about to say Lyrica (pregabalin) :) I thought it was my weird brain chemistry though - I really don’t like weed in any shape or form and don’t much like Lyrica. My mother can’t live without it though hehe. Klonopin/any benzo I like a bit too much.
yes gabapentin or lyrica with a lil klonopin u`ll feel amazing~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---------------nope your barain ir right it has been in studies about mj dependence~!! it`s a amazing drug gaba/lyrica that is but i still smoke. lol

If you don't like smoking, make/buy some edibles.
Take small doses because edibles are way more potent than smoking.