• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Are there any meds 'similar' to weed ?

Merkury

Bluelighter
I'm not a smoker for various reasons, but every time I visit my friend and breathe the stuff he's smoking, my ADHD vanish completely and I am able to focus for the rest of the night. Usually my mind would wander endlessly, I've got difficulty concentrating, but then I find myself able to concentrate on the present moment.... the downside is that I get 'wasted' for a couple of days, which I don't like.

I'd really like to know if there is a med / drug that give similar effect in term of concentration (that's what I need).
I can't stand hash or weed because I already suffer from dry eyes, and it get really worse by smoking.....

I'd say Xanax / Delorazepam but IME they are highly addictive and dangerous....

Not sure xanax would help you concentrate, unless your issue is anxiety.

Have you never taken any medication for your ADHD? If you have, how did it work?

As to your question, weed for me is very unique. Don't try K2/spice/synthetic weed. It is garbage.

Edit: how does visine work for you for dry eyes?

Last edited:
The thing about weed is that, in terms of it's "total package," it's entirely unique. You won't find any drug that mimics the full spectrum of marijuana's effects. The flipside of that, though, is that there are tons of drugs that affect a single (or set of related) symptoms better than cannabis ever will, a la'` the cannabis v. Xanax argument.

Every drug has pros and cons. You've hit two of the major cons of Xanax right on the head with the final sentence of your post. The biggest thing cannabis has going for it, in my opinion, is that it's provenly safer than a majority of (if not all) pharmaceuticals. The addiction potential is there, but it's an entirely separate and lesser category than anything like benzodiazepines and opiates.

Also, I've gotta second madness00 and urge you to stay away from synthetic cannabinoids/synthetic cannabis. It's dirty shit, man, and some of them are so harmful that it feels wrong to see the synth's lumped into the same category as good ol' Cannabis Sativa and Indica.

Not sure xanax would help you concentrate, unless your issue is anxiety.

Have you never taken any medication for your ADHD? If you have, how did it work?

As to your question, weed for me is very unique. Don't try K2/spice/synthetic weed. It is garbage.

Edit: how does visine work for you for dry eyes?

I don't know , I've never tried Visine. Is it any good ?

I've never medicated my ADHD because it's Undiagnosed, but I really have trouble concentrating / losing myself in the present moment (probably due to anxiety as you correctly stated). Benzos helped me tremendously with concentration (I made a musical album in a week while on them ) but they really scare me.... benzo addiction is dangerous...

Now if just weed didn't dry my eyes that much..... it would be a godsend......

Benzos helped me tremendously with concentration (I made a musical album in a week while on them ) but they really scare me.... benzo addiction is dangerous...
That's a choice you (and your doctor) need to debate heavily then. I'm in the bzd dependency lot, alprazolam/bzds in general are the only thing that help relieve unbearable chronic GI pain. If I weren't using it for pain, I wouldn't want to be on it. Sure I love the relief feeling, but when I miss a dose, boy do I get anxious and my GI pain flares... not a fun addiction. I don't get any buzz from bzds anymore. They just stop my pain.

Anyways, nothing is quite like weed, like others said, and if you suffer anxiety issues, weed isn't great for that. I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for here... have you tried coffee? I find it to be the most linguistically inspiring drug I've tried so far, coffee puts me in a sort of manic state where I get lots of stuff done but my anxiety goes through the roof.

Yes visine worked for me. I'd try that first if I were you. It's OTC. Used to use it all the time in high school to hide red dry eyes from my teachers.

Try large amounts of echinacea(it's a herb).
Apparently it is the only other plant on earth that has a compound that also hits cannabinoid receptors I think it's an antagonist not an agonist and I've always wondered if it helps cannabis withdrawal.

Make pot brownies, your eyes wont get so dry. Oh, or try LSD/mushrooms maybe. Have you done other psychoactive/psychedelic drugs? Or has it been mostly like caffeine, alcohol, cannabis?

Perhaps you benefit from the branching paths of thought marijuana and psychedelics invoke.

That's a choice you (and your doctor) need to debate heavily then. I'm in the bzd dependency lot, alprazolam/bzds in general are the only thing that help relieve unbearable chronic GI pain. If I weren't using it for pain, I wouldn't want to be on it. Sure I love the relief feeling, but when I miss a dose, boy do I get anxious and my GI pain flares... not a fun addiction. I don't get any buzz from bzds anymore. They just stop my pain.

Anyways, nothing is quite like weed, like others said, and if you suffer anxiety issues, weed isn't great for that. I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for here... have you tried coffee? I find it to be the most linguistically inspiring drug I've tried so far, coffee puts me in a sort of manic state where I get lots of stuff done but my anxiety goes through the roof.

Hehe what I'm trying to do, is stop the Train of Thought .... the rumination....

I have a coffee addiction, nothing too extreme, but in the morning I need 2-3 cups to function properly.
I used to drink 5 cups per day in the past, it helps with focus .

Last edited:

Make pot brownies, your eyes wont get so dry. Oh, or try LSD/mushrooms maybe. Have you done other psychoactive/psychedelic drugs? Or has it been mostly like caffeine, alcohol, cannabis?

Perhaps you benefit from the branching paths of thought marijuana and psychedelics invoke.

I've done everything in the past.... anything that doesn't involve shooting.... but nowadays I want it to be more controlled, like supplements, stuff like that.... I wouldn't mind some prescription meds if they did the trick... tried Paxil (for my OCD) but I lost all 'artistic' inspiration.....

Oh, I'm not a fan of ingesting hash..... had a really nasty panic attack many years ago with that method.....

"branching paths of thought" aaah yes that's exactly what I like.....

Try large amounts of echinacea(it's a herb).
Apparently it is the only other plant on earth that has a compound that also hits cannabinoid receptors I think it's an antagonist not an agonist and I've always wondered if it helps cannabis withdrawal.

Interesting, thx I'll keep an eye on that ! Any side-effects ?

I've done everything in the past.... anything that doesn't involve shooting.... but nowadays I want it to be more controlled, like supplements, stuff like that.... I wouldn't mind some prescription meds if they did the trick... tried Paxil (for my OCD) but I lost all 'artistic' inspiration.....

Oh, I'm not a fan of ingesting hash..... had a really nasty panic attack many years ago with that method.....

"branching paths of thought" aaah yes that's exactly what I like.....
2C-I would have be a good shot I guess if you like stimulants as its right between classical psyches and prescription sort of stimulants. Lotta drive, confidence and creativity/socialization potential. Was an RC though.
Unfortunately it is now undersupplied because of it being reclassified and made illegal in many countries.

Were some gems in the 2C series and honestly 2C-I isnt the most interesting but seeing as you want "controlled" but still "branching" it's the move lol. 2C-I is definitely in that sweet spot. It's also one of the only psychs I could use several times a week without losing that visual oomph and mood boost to tolerance.

That sounds cool haha , it's time I make friends with a chemist I guess

I have a friend who recently got diagnosed with ADHD and is currently prescribed a low dose of legal amphetamine. He says it works really well for him and doesn't give him the 'wasted' feeling that weed does.

It turns out that he was self medicating his ADHD for over a decade with weed without knowing that he had ADHD. Apparently, you aren't the only one who has self medicated ADHD with weed.

Now that he has a doctor to talk to about his condition he is able to use weed more responsibly.

Nabilone is an orally availiable cannabinoid structurally related to THC that is sold as Cesamet, it's scheduled but with cannabis legalized now doctors might be more lenient to rx that

I use simple edible oil from cannabis for my ADHD. Self medicating with alcohol til I found edibles and now I'm on a prescription. Some issues getting used to psychedelic head space for the first couple years. Focused concentration is normal now unless I've taken about 5 days off in a row. 10 years on, I'm positive, functional and a productive member of the community. No interest in drinking despite a 20+year career as an alcoholic.

I try to not smoke it since I get burnt out the next day, using it as an edible there is no morning after issue, it becomes a series of good days and my life did a 180 in nearly every way.