• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are there any drugs that only cause auditory hallucinations?

Thanks for the replies everyone! I've decided not to take any psychedelics as it seems that I could cause some major harm if I do. Also if there is a large number of people telling me the same thing (that being that I shouldn't take it because of my schizophrenia) I'm going to to go with the popular opinion - as it's likely far better then my single lone opinion.

Last edited:
I have to concur with some of the others.. Schizophrenia and psychedelics could take you somewhere you don't wanna go.

Having said that, I was scripted some Paxil for a short while in college for depression. I stopped using it and went to a standard SSRI because of auditory hallucinations.

I didn't hear voices. But I was hearing some cartoon like sound effects, especially when trying to go to bed. I was also suffering from insomnia which is why I went to the doc for the depression. "sproink", "bbszzzzzap", "pssssziink", ... stuff like that. Whatever it was doing, I didn't like it.

I do not know if anyone else has experienced that with Paxil. It quit the day after I stopped taking it.

I won't pretend to know much about shizophrenia, but I worry about you messing with hallucinogens or abusing an antidepressant trying to achieve your goal. My hope for you is that you value your mental health enough not to jeopardize it.

King-Anubis: I think that it's comforting to know that some people actually listen to our advice. I also think that's tricky about antipsychotics: once you start feeling better, you can get the feeling that you don't really need the meds anymore... which might be true in some cases, but in most cases it'll lead to a relapse. Anyway, it's good to hear that you're taking us seriously. Good luck dude! :)

By the way, I get the feeling that diphenhydramine would cause a rather more delirious trip than most 'real' psychedelics by the way (I wouldn't really classify diphenhydramine as a psychedelic)

DPH will bring you a lot closer to insanity than any classical psychedelic will

Yes DiPT can give auditory hallucinations, not the 4-HO version but just DiPT.

What are the negative side effects of DPH? I've done it twice don't notice much. But apparently it literally drives people insane. Its not a psychedelic its a deliriant for sure.

If you are too paranoid that taking drugs is going to ruin you or make you lose free will of yourself then do not take drugs

in high school i had a dream i ate a baggy full of DipT in gym class then had to read outloud in english like an hour later, boy, what an experience that was :)

i've also had some mushrooms that had me hearing demons and witches laughing hysterically. no clue what they were.

some synthetic cannabinoids cause auditory hallucinations, perhaps akb48. You might hear far off voices and a distinct ringing in your ears but that's not too enjoyable for most.

DiPT for sure... although DiPT, at full doses, also causes a head trip. But it's not visual at all. The audio distortions, however, are fascinating, especially when you reach full dose territory and it changes much more than just all the pitches shifting down. I found being outside and listening to everything was a spiritual experience, it altered my world so greatly through just sound. It feels like something physically shifts in my inner ear and it makes me deaf or nearly deaf from normal sound ranges, but all kinds of over- and under-tones come through.

Mescaline does this for me eeeevrytime. It starts with me getting in some sort of trance, sensations of falling in a tunnel and hearing voices call my name. First time this happened hpurs after the trip, went to sleep with a chick, smoked a bowl of cannabis and fell in this enourmus hole. Scared me shitless at the moment, the following times i investigated it more and listened what was said. Even had a complete conversatipn with a imagined voice, didn't realize at the time it was all in my head though. That's why i don't understand people always talking bout mescaline like its some cuddlmuddleloveydoveydrug. Its serious psychedelic business and if you don't approach it with respect Mescalito will damn sure kick your ass.

I've never had an intense psychedelic experience on mescaline and I've even taken over 500mg of pure mescaline... it's psychedelic for sure, but in a unique, gentle way. I have heard that around 700mg+ you can start to enter more serious psychedelic territory. For me it's an emotionally opening experience with beautiful visual alteration and a deep primal sense of connection to my animal self and nature.

Yeah it seems like there are not many people who get these extreme auditive hallucinations from cacti. Lucky me i guess ^^