• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are there any drugs that only cause auditory hallucinations?

King-Anubis

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

Please excuse my ignorance when it comes to psychedelics, I generally avoid these drugs like the plague, but I was wondering if there were any drugs, besides DiPT, that only cause auditory hallucinations?

The only other psychedelics I've ever tried is diphenhydramine, and I found it somewhat pleasant if I was prepared. The main anxiety trigger with that is the horrible cotton mouth and the inability to drink or eat without extreme nausea. Just makes me feel like I'm dying (and the fact I know DPH basically poisons you into delirium doesn't help). I'm not too willing to try the more conventional psychedelics such as LSD or DXM out of fear I may trigger something that wasn't there in the first place (which is also why I rarely try DPH).

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Just suck it up and use real psychedelics. I'm sure there's some RC out there that will cause auditory hallucinations only, but it'll probably be very obscure and rare. You won't get a bad trip, and you'll have a great time. Dph is a delereliant with extreme health concerns by the way.

Why do you want an auditory hallucinogen?

It sounds to me that you are full of anxiety and would freak outr should you find yourself tripping, not by the trip but by the iron grip of fear over your life.

Since we're talking drugs, I propose you take 100mg MDMA with a friend and discuss your anxieties at length, after the MDMA has temporarily suspended them. The first 50 minutes will be scary but then you're liberated and free to explore yourself.

DiPT in some people causes an actual trip, so it too isnt "safe". If you take any kind of psychedelic, you risk a trip.

But why an auditory hallucinogen?

Why do you want an auditory hallucinogen?
As strange as it sounds, I've had experience with auditory hallucinations in the past, and am far more comfortable with them then anything visual. I'm schizophrenic but have matured a lot since I started treatment. I try to look at my symptoms these days in a more positive light, and would like to 're-visit' my past experiences so that I can learn from them. I never found my auditory hallucinations uncomfortable, I always found them somewhat comforting, and I've always been somewhat sad that I don't experience them anymore. I could of course just stop taking my medication but that takes me back semi-permantly. I just want to spend a night learning from what I used to be - without being saddled with months of psychosis.

That being said, I think you're right in thinking that I'm paralysed in "the iron grip of fear over your life". I fear myself - I fear what I am becoming, and what I was. With conventional psychedelics I'm scared of experiencing something I haven't experienced before. I can handle DPH fairly well because it provides me with an experience that is familiar. Auditory hallucinogens wouldn't take me anywhere new, it'll just remind me of who I was.

This all being said, perhaps this means I'm not ready to undertake such a journey just yet. Part of me wonders if I'm looking for a auditory hallucinogen because I'm not ready to dive in and commit myself to a proper trip. Theres also the problem that I know that I'm one of the last people who should be taking psychedelics. I'm sure that would play heavily on my mind during any trip and drive it south.

I don't know. I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

As strange as it sounds, I've had experience with auditory hallucinations in the past, and am far more comfortable with them then anything visual. I'm schizophrenic but have matured a lot since I started treatment. I try to look at my symptoms these days in a more positive light, and would like to 're-visit' my past experiences so that I can learn from them. I never found my auditory hallucinations uncomfortable, I always found them somewhat comforting, and I've always been somewhat sad that I don't experience them anymore. I could of course just stop taking my medication but that takes me back semi-permantly. I just want to spend a night learning from what I used to be - without being saddled with months of psychosis.

That being said, I think you're right in thinking that I'm paralysed in "the iron grip of fear over your life". I fear myself - I fear what I am becoming, and what I was. With conventional psychedelics I'm scared of experiencing something I haven't experienced before. I can handle DPH fairly well because it provides me with an experience that is familiar. Auditory hallucinogens wouldn't take me anywhere new, it'll just remind me of who I was.

This all being said, perhaps this means I'm not ready to undertake such a journey just yet. Part of me wonders if I'm looking for a auditory hallucinogen because I'm not ready to dive in and commit myself to a proper trip. Theres also the problem that I know that I'm one of the last people who should be taking psychedelics. I'm sure that would play heavily on my mind during any trip and drive it south.

I don't know. I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

I've seen your DPH report or post. I forget. But I advise you take some 25C-NBOMe. For me 900ug had me with minor visuals. Nothing like DPH, and it was more like patterns and tracers more than anything. Things seem to morph more you could say. I advise doing that. It is an RC, but its one of the most pleasant with almost no body load. Even when I took 2mg it was just an energetic lose dose of mushrooms.

You'll be fine man. Just take a breath, relax and if you get scared or whatever tell yourself its a drug. I've had two friends that haven't done mushrooms, LSD, or anything. Only weed and MDMA. And I gave them 800ug of 25C-NBOMe. They loved it.

I can't imagine why you would only want auditory hallucinations, I've had them on 2ce a few times, and they were cool, drilling sounds
The ones I get on ketamine can be fucking strange, alot of whispering, hearing people talking, sometimes hearing music clear as day.

Oh yeah, DMT is very heavy on auditory hallucinations. I always get like these robot alien sounds talk to me and something really loud.
But thats very heavy visually.

I've seen your DPH report or post. I forget. But I advise you take some 25C-NBOMe. For me 900ug had me with minor visuals. Nothing like DPH, and it was more like patterns and tracers more than anything. Things seem to morph more you could say. I advise doing that. It is an RC, but its one of the most pleasant with almost no body load. Even when I took 2mg it was just an energetic lose dose of mushrooms.

You'll be fine man. Just take a breath, relax and if you get scared or whatever tell yourself its a drug. I've had two friends that haven't done mushrooms, LSD, or anything. Only weed and MDMA. And I gave them 800ug of 25C-NBOMe. They loved it.
Cheers man, I'll take a look at it. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

OK, you being a schizophrenic is a show stopper. Please do not use psychedelics, they can greatly worsen your condition, and as it is a lifelong affliction, you can be detrimentally affected by a single session for a very long time.

As well I don't believe 800 uh is a very light dose.
Maybe average to below average dose, but you'll be tripping.
It might even be a heavier dose I'm not sure I never measured my doses.
With your schizophrenic condition, I would recommend to give drugs a rest.
They aren't worth it bruv

so I would suggest you stay away from all psychedelic drugs.
OK, you being a schizophrenic is a show stopper. Please do not use psychedelics, they can greatly worsen your condition, and as it is a lifelong affliction, you can be detrimentally affected by a single session for a very long time.

Fair one, you do have a point. I have stopped in the past from taking them for that exact reason. Thinking about it anyway, I think my antipsychotics would block most of the effects of any psychedelics, which would certainly be a waste.

No psychedelics just cause 'auditory hallucinations' There is no way to separate the 'mind expanding' part of a psychedelic from the 'hallucinogenic' part (sure we can split hairs here, but let it stand for the purposes of this post). DiPT can give a full spectrum psychedelic experience....certainly not a 'visual' one but it was 'visionary' to me...I didn't even focus on how strange my hearing was on it till well after the peak.

If you just want to hear weird things just put some damn headphones on and check out some of the John and Yoko records....my favorite.....

File:TwoVCover.jpg

DiPT is pretty well regarded as an auditory psychedelic, but it does have central hallucinatory effects too, I'm told.

Other than that there aren't very many psychedelics that are confined to auditory effects. Some psychedelics are mentally more "mild" than others; mescaline notably can be fairly easy on the body/mind.

Schizophrenia is generally contraindicated with psychedelic use of any sort though.

Both schizophrenia and antipsychotics are contraindications for taking psychedelics. I would advise against it as well.

And I also feel the need to mention this one thing: please don't recommend anything to anyone, as you just did Anon610. You don't know the person and it's a far cry from harm reduction to tell someone you don't know and who has stated to have problems with anxiety and schizophrenia to take a substance about which very little is known in the first place. I think it's just wrong. Sorry, just my 2c-b.

to me nitrous oxide is zero visual, but extremely auditory. besides the headfuck of course.

Hitting the crack pipe or having an IV hit of cocaine gives everything a 'metallic' sound.
Listening to a flushing toilet when it kicks in can be pretty entertaining.

OP, I would say steer clear of the diphenhydramine. I foolishly experimented with it at extremely high doses repeatedly and it ended up landing me in the hospital. I personally didn't get very many auditory hallucinations from it anyways even at doses as high as 28 tabs.