Are the police listening to my phone calls?

wesmdow said:
^that sounds like a terrible idea...
Yeah but it will work. And even if the cops did show up and say that they were there for something else who cares. The odds that they would even show up during the same time you tried that are even more high.

If they show up no matter what them you should take it like theyre tapping your line.

HOTiSO said:
Well one way of finding out if your cells tapped is to talk to a friend in person and have him play along with your phone call.

An hour later call him sounding crazy and frantic saying youre going to kill yourself. Have your friend try to stop you but just keep going with it and hang up. By law they have to respond to that type of call. They could have a major lawsuit if they knew about it and didnt do anything.

Just make sure your shits clean so when they come they dont find anything. This works so dont do it and expect nothing to happen if youre being watched.

I'm gonna try that tommorow. I don't have any drugs, and i have not been selling any.. Aside from the occasional "friendly hookup". If i'm being listening to, hurry up and at least fuckin arrest me cuz im getting ancy, this is bullshit.I highly doubt anything is going to happen.. :\

Hrmm im actually abit surpised that the wiretapping statistics are so low, always thought it was alot higher then that, I have known acouple people that had there phone taps..and several others that were pretty sure they did, myself aswell...seemed like they always had an idea of my whereabouts, pulling over someone else with me in the backseat for no reason then acted suprised they see me (cops that have arrested me before)..think "do you realise, your..oh look its **** **** what you holding on you this time?" hah

You really have nothing to worry about, with the police having his phone they won't tap yours, your just clientel to a smalltime dealer..who cares really? As for the pre-paid phones, yea i use to always get them and get some random girl to buy them with names like billy bob, and ey yo.

As a side question, do those statistics count bugs (ones found in your home or a car for example), couldn't see anything that would imply if there added in or not.

I'm not sure but I think those wiretap stats are on the federal level not what local police are up to. That's probably why the number is so low.

One way you could determine if someone is listening in on your conversation would be to create a webpage that no one knows about. Just setup your own server and don't link it to anyone. Then mention the webpage over the phone and say something about it that any police officer would HAVE to check out. Monitor your webpage traffic and see if anyone checks it out, which means someone heard about it from somewhere other than you.

In the end you should assume that all forms of electronic communication aren't safe because they aren't. Security only deters people and requires them to put more effort into breaking in, just a matter of how much effort do you want to be required for someone to listen to you?

For example, you know that little telephone box on the side of your house? You can rewire a $20 tape recorder with some parts from radio shack and hook it up to the ring/tap terminals in the box and you've just tapped that person's phone and it'll even turn on/off depending on if someone is talking or not.

Also, all your phone calls are recorded in a limited sense. Time, duration, party called, it's all kept by the phone company which means it exists for the police.

Same with ads on webpages. Let's say you're browsing Bob's Meth Manual online and on one of the pages is an ad for penis enlargement from Generic Ad Co. Now the ad company has a record of your IP looking at Bob's Meth Manual because they served up the ad for you to see.

And again, pretty much every super market and strip mall in the US has video cameras watching their parking lots. How many times have you baught drugs in a parking lot?

In the end you have to ask yourself, am I doing anything serious enough that if the police knew about it they would bother to bust me? If the answer to your question is yes, you need to become like the ninja. No one ever got caught cause they were too paranoid but plenty of people get caught cause they aren't paranoid enough.

Last edited:
In general wiretaps in criminal investigations are pretty rare. The stats don't mention how many subpeonas they issued for dialed numbers and out of band call data though which is more common.

For one thing most drug arrests are from random stops/searches, arresting for possession and rolling them for their dealer and sometimes physical surveilance. Cops don't investigate, even narcotics divisions usually just go after easy targets. The FBI and DEA investigate to some extent but the DEA is small and the FBI is busy with terrorism and organized crime these days.

They arrest some stupid user by chance and roll him up to their dealer and try to get the dealer to roll on the wholesaler and so on and so forth.

Modern cell phones cannot be listened to just by tuning a radio to the right frequency. They use frequency hopping and I believe some form of encryption between handsets and towers. Cell phones like all other phones are tapped by the phone company at their local CO and fed to law enforcement.

I find it odd that those stats state that no encryption has been an obstacle. I would interpret that to mean that most targets assume their phones are clean and don't use any kind of end to end encryption. I think in the next year or so that will probably change as VOIP gets bigger cause its easier to plug strong encryption into those systems.

Also think about how much it would cost the government if they had to investigate everything on their own. It would cost billions upon billions. They rely mainly on other people to rat everyone out.

But anyways, how did the phone call go?