• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are shrooms the best psychedelic for your brain?

burn out

Bluelighter
I have some brain damage and I have read that mushrooms can help grow brain cells and heal the brain. When I have taken mushrooms it felt like they dug deep into my brain and began digging the dirt out, re-activating damaged parts that had lain dormant. I haven't noticed this effect with LSD or mescaline. Activation yes, but not the feeling of having my brain cleaned from the inside out. I find cactus to be more like a moral cleanser and LSD an intellectual cleanser. Does anyone agree? DOes this mean that as a brain damaged person I should primarily use mushrooms?

No recreational drug is good for your brain. Shrooms are relateively benign, meaning that they cause no harm to your body as far as we know. But in your case, it might be wise not to take any drugs. What kind of brain damage do you have?

Does this mean that as a brain damaged person I should primarily use mushrooms?

No, it doesn't really mean anything except that you had a good trip on mushrooms.

I'd say no. The substances in it are the most challenging (4-Ho-DMT, 4-Po-DMT, 5-meo-DMT) to the health of the mind for many people. Some recently pushed , rather soft lysergamides are much more gentle to the psychedelic beginner IMHO.

I never heard that mushrooms would grow brain cells and I do not think that they do. Where did you get this from?

neurogenesis has been observed with psilocybin iirc.

there was a study from either john hopkins or harvard discussing it

I certainly loved them.

If you have brain damage, you should be avoiding all drugs including mushrooms and other psychedelics like cannabis as they are not going to help. Stay safe.