• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Are psychedelics really a "better" class of drugs than others?

If you asked me this question back in 2011-2012 I would have said yes!! Absolutely!! Now, I have a mixed opinion. After suffering psychosis for 6 months because I accidentally took 1.2mg of LSD (it was improperly calibrated liquid), I think this stuff is not be trifled with. I don't buy the excuse that if you have a mental health crisis on psychedelics that you were prone to mental disease in the first place. Yeah, it's true of some people, but not of others. These substances unlock part of your mind and open your sensory perception in ways that you have to be careful of. It's not just "mental health," it's spiritual health. LSD opened psychic doorways to me that have never been closed since... and if you don't have somebody around who knows what that means, then you're fucked... and doubly so if you're surrounded by people who think that it's just crazy talk.

I used to work in HR at music festivals, mostly dealing with people who "took too much," and man, it was not pretty. I was a full on psychonaut at the time but I refused to do any heavy diving in that scene.

LSD opened my mind and awareness to things that I can never unsee. It deconstructs all your inner structures, and if you take a lot of it or too often, it does so to the nth degree until you don't know who you are anymore. It makes you more aware of EVERYTHING and some people can't shut that off again, ever. Do you really want to be more aware of how fucked up the world is, while abandoning the relative structures that were kind of helping you live in it?

I don't regret those days, I just wish someone with a lot of experience had warned me about that aspect of it. Instead I just got told "there are no side effects from LSD, it is very safe." Yeah, PHYSICALLY, but not psychospiritually!

To me, a spiritual crisis is no less trivial than a physical health crisis. The problem is that I live in a society that has zero knowledge or capacity to deal with a spiritual crisis. So I had to figure out so much shit on my own with very little resources.

And I can't tell you the number of times that patients came into my clinic (I don't do clinical work anymore) talking about their 50th ayahuasca trip and how they are doing such powerful inner work, and blah blah blah. I mean, how many fucking times do you have to deep dive before you realize you are just spiritually bypassing? Not to mention all the ayashuca folk who came in to see me who were out of their minds because their shaman insisted that they needed to drink A LOT. Then when they had nightmare trips from the body load, their shaman told them that they were just experiencing their own darkness.

At festivals I saw people face down in the dirt from taking mushrooms. I saw people who took high doses at the sound stages and they were so blitzed from sensory overload that when their friends brought them to HR they didn't even know where they were. I've seen people have psychotic breaks from mushrooms in social situations that they can't handle because they thought it would be fun to eat some just for the hell of it. I've gotta say though, mushrooms are the least problematic because of rapid tolerance.

My biggest problem with psychedelics, especially LSD, is that everyone who does them starts to sound the same... robotically saying "We're all oneness man!! It's all just God!! So don't worry about it." It erases people's functional personality identities.

It took me years to figure myself out after all my psychedelic dives. I've come to realize that ego, personality structures and identity are important to me. I can't function in the world without them. LSD showed me they aren't real, and I understand that... but I can make them real when I need them to be real because I am still a physical embodiment that has to move through this 3D reality and, you know, pay rent, eat food, survive? If you do psychedelics once in a while and at reasonable doses, then no problem. If you're into deep diving to "seek truth," then you're going to chase your tail until there's nothing left of you.

Last edited:
I don't know what is "better".They are totally different....even drugs often is not the right word.They could be tools.they are non addictive.norvphysically,nor mentally.They more than all others depend on "set&setting".They are for everyone at least one in lifetime to show you,that exist other point.....but they also aren't to anyone with severe mental problems.They arw powerful

'Better'it depends on person you ask some say heroin some say benzos some say psychedelics some weed some cough syrup lol ...personally psychedelics its all subjective. Enjoy whatever flavour you choose ...when the fun is gone well time to stop or try something new...unless you get caught in a trap.

Psychdelics aren't as addictive as most other drugs but they can still be abused to escape your reality and if you're not in the right place mentally you can have a bad trip which can lead to psychosis and other mental health problems but they can definitely be therptuic in the right set and setting

I have never been able to wear a watch of any kind. They bug me and I feel chained to time.
In my teens and twenties parents/relatives knew I never wore a wristwatch
so I received 4 or 5 pocketwatches as gifts

they just sit in the dark, packed away in the closet

In my teens and twenties parents/relatives knew I never wore a wristwatch
so I received 4 or 5 pocketwatches as gifts

they just sit in the dark, packed away in the closet
I did carry a pocket watch for a little while many years ago. I have no idea where it is now.

Cannabis though I'll always say, IN ALL of it's best original and modern guises (i.e. OG Sativa Landraces like Maui Auwi?? Lol need look up it's name again

And Panama gold.

Old Columbian weed.

Purest Moroccan hash and pollen.

Redseal/goldseal Black.

The REAL Skunk I encountered 90's to early 00's, stoooopid stuff lol.

Roll a spliff, everybody in house is convinced you are blazing one.

You could never misplace that weed too lol.

One wrapped tight Henry in house, pongs soon as you open front door everywhere.

And this 2000 true near black tar like ultra sticky Purple Haze too. Crazy wicked stuff.

A trip itself.

Lots of that lost however "top shelf" modern offerings are IMO.

Free access to all of that again, and tbf cannabis IS a psychedelic, not a sedative or stimulant.

For me it still has to claim throne as no 1 best single all round "drug".

Kava too! It isn't a sedative aspire sedating properties but a "subtle plant psychedelic"

I actually class exstacy as part psychedelic part stimulant too.