View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are NMDA antagonist cross tolerant?

MagickalKat777

Bluelight Crew
Okay so I have been drinking. A lot. And a friend called asking me what to do about her not having meds and I suggested 10mg of DXM every 30 minutes til she felt not drunk but not in withdrawal (dextromethorphan can relieve withdrawal symptoms of opiates easily through NMDA and camp I believe) and that brought my memories of last year where I stopped smoking and drinking the same day. Using Delsym. 10mL twice a day. And two boxes were still in my closet.

Anyway... I started the delsym....

Goal is 60mg twice a day.

I took some MXE... I'd say 50mg at the most (two red scoops that measure between 8 and 12mg) and actually got pretty damn twisted.... Still tripping... Didn't feel bad. About to go take more. And yes I threw HR out the window - when you know you're super tolerant to something you just stop scaling it.

Here's the thing though. I don't believe they are cross tolerant at all. 50mg was my high estimate, it was more like 25-30mg. These have a synergy. It's not a synergy like meth and ecstasy where you get tachycardia... If anything I'm heading towards bradycardia. My MXE tolerance was so high that this by itself would have been a let's watch the Simpsons night but when I close my eyes... There's a lot going on. And open eye... Thank God I have a nexus 6 because my m8 would have been impossible to type this on.

Now if I can also get input re: low dose DXM and tryptamines because I have 4-AcO-MET and 4-HO+MiPT coming......

Off the NMDA subject, but on the opiate WD's...keep some premium quality Kratom around for those times between scripts...Maeng Da is a good strain.

I tried kratom and it made me so fucking sick. I was puking and having a panic attack at the the same time. Left work. Wasn't a good day.

As for the synergy? This is ridiculous. This is like 3rd plateau DXM bordering the fourth. I close my eyes and fully realized visions of all sorts of wild shit just like with DXM only I want to die now because it showed me that I have nothing to live for. I've done the same routine for years. At least when I was working I was doing something but what is the point of living? My boyfriend is in Vegas.... I mean I really only keep living for the people it would hurt. I'd be long past dead if I didn't have anyone.

I have panic disorder, agoraphobia, and generalized anxiety disorder. Even just rubbing my chest in the wrong spot causes me to have anxiety and eventually a panic attack. Life sucks for me. Hence the drugs and beer.

Last edited:
That may happen if you are not used to it. Or a bad stash ..

Kratom has the border of stimulant and opiate. I got the stimulated side obviously. Never will touch it again. I can't even take other opiates because besides morphine they are all thebaine derivatives and stimulate the hell out of me. When my lung collapsed and they gave me vicoprofen after they they took me off the morphine drip (which was relaxing and wonderful), I had a panic attack. So they gave me Xanax. I had 6 weeks of recovery. That's what got me hooked on benzos in the first place. Fml!

Shouldn't I be feeling an antidepressant effect btw? DXM was always instant anti depressant. MXE is said to be the same. Yet mix the two and you have someone ready to take 50g of flubromazepam and a gram of 4-HO-MET and a bottle of vodka and trip into death... Wtf... I haven't been so depressed in years. This is nuts. I hope this doesn't last.

Shouldn't I be feeling an antidepressant effect btw? DXM was always instant anti depressant. MXE is said to be the same. Yet mix the two and you have someone ready to take 50g of flubromazepam and a gram of 4-HO-MET and a bottle of vodka and trip into death... Wtf... I haven't been so depressed in years. This is nuts. I hope this doesn't last.

I really hope you haven't killed yourself. And 50g of flubromazepa You'll regret it if you are saved and in WD.

I'm all good today. Just wondering why the combo caused me to be so depressed. They both act on SERT... shouldn't have happened. Won't make that mistake again. I mean I was in a great mood and then... NO WAY IN HELL. Kind of thing... Was definitely a drug drug interaction. I'm quite curious about it actually. If anything the combo should have been somewhat dangerous because of the added serotonin from both drugs... and trust... I tripped a really long time... I don't think its safe to venture into that territory it just was so profound how much I wanted to end my life because I saw no point to it during the experience... but the experience itself was very mind melting... I tripped on a 4th plateau DXM level last night... remember some of it... its crazy what dissociatives can do.

Some people have paradoxical reactions to opioids. I know someone who can't take even tiny amounts without getting really ill and miserable.

Set and setting. MXE is not some sort of magical guaranteed mood elevator in every case, nor is DXM. There are absolutely no drugs that will induce happiness/euphoria under every circumstance.

Also, MXE and DXM are cross tolerant to an extent, but DXM has much more activity as e.g. a SNRI and antinicotinic.

Set and setting. MXE is not some sort of magical guaranteed mood elevator in every case, nor is DXM. There are absolutely no drugs that will induce happiness/euphoria under every circumstance.

Also, MXE and DXM are cross tolerant to an extent, but DXM has much more activity as e.g. a SNRI and antinicotinic.

The interesting thing though is the depression abated within hours of the trip ending... That's what is so odd about it. Normally depressive bouts last weeks with me but I felt totally fine when I went to bed.

The trip itself was intense. And beautiful. Yet I felt like killing myself the entire time.

I figured they had to be cross tolerant but it certainly didn't seem that way. Eh, maybe it was a fluke. Because of the depression though I won't try it again.

dissociatives are cross-tolerant but also very synergistic. the times where i've combined two different dissociatives have definitely been greater than the sum total of their parts (DXM + MXE, DXM + 3-MeO-PCP, MXE + 3-MeO-PCP, DXM + 4-MeO-PCP, DXM + MXP)

in particular DXM + 3-MeO-PCP was really awesome. took away from the physical stimulation / mania of 3-MeO-PCP, and gave the DXM some awesome closed eye visuals at much lower doses than typically required for me with that substance.

the amount of apparent cross-tolerance has varied a lot as i've tried new substances, too. i barely felt 250mg of MXP after years of heavy DXM / MXE use, but 5mg of 3-MeO-PCP had very clear, defined, and real effects for me.

Was wondering about that... MXE is cardiovascular neutral for me.... But DXM... Tachycardia city.... So there's a chance (i have a lot of delsym) that if I mixed the two the MXE would knock out the tachycardia? I ask. Cuz it did. Thought it was a damn fluke.