• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Are morning chills a Kratom WD symptom?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
This is a companion thread to a thread I have in Health and Recovery, and I might repost that one up here if I don't get enough responses. In that one, I describe some messed up "episodes" I had over the past few months where mixtures of alcohol, kratom, weed, and the first time, Phenibut, (plus prescribed Klonopin) lead to different symptoms, amongst them shivering and shaking when it wasn't at all cold.

This isn't nearly as severe, but it's weird. Can new Kratom WD symptoms/side effects emerge at different times? I'd imagine they can. Like i used to only get hypersomnia from Kratom WD, but now I get some insomnia/sleep disturbances where I wake up for a while etc. I don't usually take Kratom more than like 3 days a week, usually one dose, but recently I was taking Kratom closer to twice a day for about 10 days, then I stopped. That was on Tuesday, and since then (copied and pasted from other thread)...:

Another thing has been happening the past week which I HOPE is a new Kratom WD symptom because I was using more and suddenly started taking days off: every day when I wake up I'm cold for a couple minutes and VERY MILDLY shivering. Not intensely like these episodes, but still a little. It's kind of freaky cause I'm under 3 blankets and a sheet, but it's not severe and then it just passes pretty quickly and doesn't happen for the rest of the day. It started Tuesday which was the first day I decided not to use Kratom, only my body would not have been aware of that yet when I woke up around noon since I usually take my first dose between like 1:30-3:30, but I knew I'd been overusing it. Today when it happened I was able to comfort myself by telling myself it's just the chills from Kratom WD, but the past few days I've been freaking out that it's a sign of brain damage.

Has anyone had this happen? It's odd. I do know that our body temperatures always drop when we are asleep, so is this somehow like some weird effect where maybe my body doesn't warm up as quickly as it used to? And will it probably go away once I've gone enough days without so that I am no longer in any Kratom WD? It doesn't last long, it isn't painful, but it's psychologically unsettling, especially since it reminds me of my previous much worse episodes. However, I know Kratom is an opioid, and opioids can cause the chills so....

Hey, I suffer from the same things u mentioned above. I too don’t know exactly what it is. I would like to hear a good answer. But your not alone on that one.

Weird but individual responses from Kratom differ a lot. Normally I awake sweating from under sheates to shivering next to the heater. If I would take Kratom on that moment the coldness dissappears, like a good work (jumping) out would to btw..

When in WD wakening feels like a mild cold has come up, and afaik that also ment shiver's. Doing routine gets way more dragging just like with a mild cold. Can't remember if these symptoms got worse, but the time span of the WD was short and with some effort and acting I would be functionable during. The WD's of Kratom are imo quiet gentle.

Back then Kratom could get me to sleep, now not no more. So its a wonky drug kinda unpredictable, but I still like it.

Were you solely using Kratom or all 4 drugs mentioned this last time?