• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are Dr's allowed to refuse to provide me with suboxone treatment?

lman_15

Bluelighter
I'm currently buying suboxone illegally on the street and plan on going to a legitimate clinic tomorrow, I know usually at methadone and suboxone clinics (which I've been to numerous times) they get you to piss and then you pop for an opiate (heroin, oxy, etc.) then they prescribe you a maintenance drug of choice (subs or methadone), what're they gonna do when I come in and I'm already taking subs and there's no other opiates in my system? I'm worried they might think I'm doctor shopping/hitting multiple clinics, are they allowed to deny me service/refuse to write me a script? I'm located in Canada if that matters... Thanks in advance

It's very common for opiate addicts to buy suboxone off the street, and medical staff understands this. Several doctors I went to Ipissed dirty for subs, and still got it. You will get your subs or methadone don't worry. There is an epidemic out there and they know this. Trust me, they will know if your doctor shopping as they have eye stop. Your worrying too much