• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Are dissolvable codamol tablets okay for CWE?

lightblue543

Bluelighter
Hi,
I live in the UK and I have a box of ‘boots’ effervescent codamol tablets that I’d like to do a CWE with for one dose of about 50mg. The box contains 500mg of apap and 8mg of codeine per tablet.

The tablets, due to being effervescent of course dissolve when put in water, and so I’m just wondering if this would be a big deal when doing a step by step CWE, or if I would need to make any amendments to the way it’s done.

Cheers.

If there effervescent tablets you can't use them to do a cwe as the paracetamol will dissolve as well.this defeats the purpose of the way a cwe works.

You can extract the codeine but unless you understand the basics of chemistry which no offense I don't think you do your best to just use as advertised.
Just out of interest, how would you do that?
In laymans terms please I haven't had any coffee yet lol

Nexam aka no, depends on the type, they may dissolve in just warm/hot water, but we got a brand of effervescent ones that are not fit for this procedure since they disolve whatever the temperature may be

Dissolve tablets in water then add sodium hydroxide until the p.h. reaches twelvet thenadd some non polar solvent like xylene toluene DCM or chloroform shake it up for a minute then let the layers seperate into two
when seperated drain off the lower layer or use a 50ml syringe to suck off the top layer and repeat this washing of the water layer once more with more non polar solvent then seperate once more if using DCM or cloroform it'll be the bottom layer if toluene or xylene it'll be the top layer you want to keep.your freebase codeine is now in the non polar.you can either let the solvent evaporate or add vinegar or citric acid in water to the solvent until a p.h. of ~7 is reached then shake the solvent and acid layers and let seperate again but this time u want the water layer as that's where the codeine will now be.evaporate this to get codeine citrate or acetate.

Don't bother doing this if you got ones u can use in a cwe.if you can only get effervescent tablets then I'd recommend you do at least a hundred tablets.just get the non effervescent
tablets.

Just buy standard generic co-codamol tablets. You can get 32 for less than 2 quid in just about any pharmacy. As others have said, it is not feasible to perform a CWE on the soluble tablets as the CWE process relies upon the insolubility of paracetamol.

Dissolve tablets in water then add sodium hydroxide until the p.h. reaches twelvet thenadd some non polar solvent like xylene toluene DCM or chloroform shake it up for a minute then let the layers seperate into two
when seperated drain off the lower layer or use a 50ml syringe to suck off the top layer and repeat this washing of the water layer once more with more non polar solvent then seperate once more if using DCM or cloroform it'll be the bottom layer if toluene or xylene it'll be the top layer you want to keep.your freebase codeine is now in the non polar.you can either let the solvent evaporate or add vinegar or citric acid in water to the solvent until a p.h. of ~7 is reached then shake the solvent and acid layers and let seperate again but this time u want the water layer as that's where the codeine will now be.evaporate this to get codeine citrate or acetate.

Well, fuck that, no offence taken by not knowing the procedure, or even trying to attempt it with no supplies. Would you say it’s safe to take 4 of those tablets (2g apap, 32mg codeine) as a one off thing? And would that give any sort of buzz it’s no tolerance? Health comes first so I gotta ask.
Thanks.

Well, fuck that, no offence taken by not knowing the procedure, or even trying to attempt it with no supplies. Would you say it’s safe to take 4 of those tablets (2g apap, 32mg codeine) as a one off thing? And would that give any sort of buzz it’s no tolerance? Health comes first so I gotta ask.
Thanks.

Should be fine unless you have liver issues (i believe the maximum recommended daily dose of acetaminophen for a healthy adult is 3g/day).

Thanks.
I asked a similar question not too long ago about 2000mg apap at once. You're supposed to leave 4 hours between 1000mg doses but doing 2000mg together as a one off won't kill you. It's not good for your liver tho. Drink plenty of water if you do. Ill find n my thread and link it

^well, I took four an hour ago and so far I don’t think anything is off, I’m just drinking fluids with it like you said.

Eh, next time I’ll just buy some codeine linctus from a pharmacy site for a tenner, cheaper than most opiates with a decent buzz from a tolerance-free standpoint, it’ll save all the hastle of a paracetamol risks and CWE.

Thanks.
Yeah taking 4 panadols won't be a problem. you"ll live.

Can't speak on the chemistry. 2g paracetamol at one occasion probably won't hurt you if you don't have preexisting liver problems but dunno whether 32mg of codeine are going to get you anywhere. Some people might be more receptive, I didn't actually find codeine to be that enjoyable (did between 60-150 without any sort of tolerance).
But yeah, as others have stated, definately get pills you can CWE.

Very nice