• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Approximately how much of a heroin bag should I inject for my first time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyBaboon

Bluelighter
Alright, so I'm going to be IVing heroin for the first time this Friday. I've never done H in any way before: never snorted it, ingested it, plugged it or smoked it. I'm about 100 pounds (~46 kg) my opioid tolerance will not be very high. Yesterday I took 30mg of codeine along with 187.5mg of tramadol, and I won't be doing any more drugs before Friday so that my tolerance can go down at least a little bit. Prior to today the last time I had opioids was 47 days ago, at which point I took 10mg of oxycodone and 20mg of hydrocodone together, which is a pretty low dose anyway so I figure my tolerance from then will be gone by now. So given this information, how much of the bag do you guys think I should inject to start off? I don't have a scale so I'll need the answer in a fraction, e.g. 1/4 of the bag, which I'll then do my best to eye out. I understand that this is a very difficult question to answer because I have no clue how many mg the bag will be or how pure it'll be, but I'd appreciate if you could at least give me your best estimate based on averages of those things I guess. As with every drug, I can always redose if need be but if I take too much I'll most likely need a trip to the hospital, and I really don't want to go through the experience of Narcan, but keep in mind that I can't redose TOO many times because I'll have a limited number of syringes (most likely only 3-5). Thanks in advance for any help guys! :)

??

You havent even tried to snort or smoke it and already want to IV it? :/ Heroin is a powerful opiate,way stronger than all those that you mentioned,and snorting a 50-70mg line will be more than enough for your first time.

Users turn to IV usually after years of using different ROAs,having huge tolerance and habits that cannot be supported anymore by just snorting/smoking.You do not have such a problem and prolly youll be TOTALLY WASTED by snorting one line.

Im in my 7nth year of active heroin addiction and STILL only snort it(occasionally smoke),never IV,no need to.Snorting still does it for me after so many years,so imagine what itll do to you man..No need to bring needles,blood,infections,agony after missed shots and cotton fever in your life..

Give it a try man,no need to make your first time painful and dangerous..

I agree that it would probably turn out to be more pleasurable (not to mention safe) if you snorted or smoked it the first times. IV will just hit you like a ton of bricks and could result in a nauseous, paralytic type of high. I made the mistake of doing an IV shot as one of my first H uses, and didn't enjoy it as much as I could've because it was just too much. Whenever I'd move my head, I'd feel like I was gonna throw up any second. And jeez, it would be irresponsible to say how much of the balloon to shoot, since the shit's potency varies so much depending on where in the US you are and on your connect. Hate to see you fall out. Smoking can be a lot of fun. IV is best if you already have a habit, imo.

The thing is, I don't want to make a habit out of it at all. Oxycodone is a weekly thing for me whenever I can get it, but I'm planning on limiting my heroin use to every six months max, so I want those rare times that I do use it to be as good as possible. That's why I want to IV it.

30 mg of codeine and ~200 mg of tramadol is not going to have any effect on your tolerance when it comes to using heroin. Listen buddy, if you feel anything off 30 mg of codeine then you have no business IV'ing heroin, you proabably shouldn't even consider using it at all. We don't know what you are getting except its probably powder since you're on the east coast...realize some heroin can be so strong that a line that is about 1" long and 1/16th" wide would be enough to be risking an OD, maybe even less could do it. I'll give you an idea of my tolerance, I use about .5-1 gram of decent H a day, broken up into .1-.2 g lines. The heroin I get is not great, its very likely what you have will get in New York(especially in the city, if its a stamp bag) will be much stronger than the stuff I get up here in the Boston area. Now if I were to do 30 mg of codeine and as much tramadol as I'd be willing to do without thinking it'd cause a seizure, I am pretty sure it would have almost no effect on me. 30 mg of oxycodone will only make me feel normal. So for Christs sake, don't do heroin. You know 30 mg of codeine is like 3 mg of oxycodone, its nothing.

But in the event you insist on not listening to the advice of the knowledgeable people on this site, at the very least, judge the strength by snorting some first. And you should start with very small bumps. Even some of the most experienced heroin addicts do this, the ones who don't are often the ones who end up dead. You would end up sticking yourself 10+ times to determine a safe dose if you tried to judge it's strength via IV'ing, btw. And then you have to factor in the risk of getting a batch cut with some fentanyl and then your chances of dying are up about 10x, especially without having some experience with the substance.

Just to show you the danger, right now in MA there has been 53 heroin related deaths between dec 1st and 16th....thats over 3 a day....its insane. So just watch your ass, don't become a statistic.

I agree that it would probably turn out to be more pleasurable (not to mention safe) if you snorted or smoked it the first times. IV will just hit you like a ton of bricks and could result in a nauseous, paralytic type of high. I made the mistake of doing an IV shot as one of my first H uses, and didn't enjoy it as much as I could've because it was just too much. Whenever I'd move my head, I'd feel like I was gonna throw up any second. And jeez, it would be irresponsible to say how much of the balloon to shoot, since the shit's potency varies so much depending on where in the US you are and on your connect. Hate to see you fall out. Smoking can be a lot of fun. IV is best if you already have a habit, imo.

Sounds like you are talking about tar, he is from New York so almost certainly is getting east coast powder. So snorting is the only reasonable way to try this stuff out. Actually oral is a reasonable way to use it, honestly its a waste, everyone will tell you that, because its half as potent that way as snorting. You're not an addict, though, so you should have the main priority of safety and the 2nd prioroity of having an enjjoyable high, which is easier attainable when starting low,rather than shooting up and puking your brains out or even worse, falling out.

Last edited:
Well my friends shoot heroin from this dealer regularly and they assure me that it's not cut with fentanyl, thankfully; that was one of the things I was very worried about and so I've asked about it. And as for the 30mg of codeine, I'm aware of how weak it is, and I doubt that dose could even do anything for someone with no prior experience with opioids whatsoever; like I said, I took it with the tramadol, so the codeine by itself likely would have done nothing. Thanks for the tips about testing its strength by snorting though; I guess I didn't really think about the practicality of IVing to test it, and as much as I like needles, I want to keep my syringe wasting to a minimum. I guess I should figure out the amount it takes me to get a satisfactory high by snorting, then IV about 1/4 of that amount? Or would you say 1/4 is still too much? I can't imagine that snorting has less than a 25% BA, but that's just my assumption.

By the way, just to put to rest all the concerns many of you may have about me killing myself: I've done months of research on proper technique and safety precautions, and safety is my number one priority, so don't think I'm just one of those idiots who want to IV without knowing anything about the details of IV use. I'll be using alcohol wipes and heat to disinfect my skin and the shot before shooting up, respectively, I'll be filtering the solution through some cotton, and I'll be sure to register multiple times to make sure I stay in the vein and don't miss the shot. I have some big, juicy looking veins that don't look easy to miss, but I assume it's harder than it sounds, considering I've heard of even experienced users missing shots. Also, in the case of an overdose, I'm not going to be alone, so 9-1-1 will be promptly called so that I can be treated if that happens. But of course I'm doing my best to avoid that in the first place, because as I said, Narcan is an experience I don't want to have. Ever.

Last edited:
I guess I should figure out the amount it takes me to get a satisfactory high by snorting, then IV about 1/4 of that amount? Or would you say 1/4 is still too much?.

Technically yes,an experienced user will test the H by snorting it,then will use about 1/3 or 1/4(or sometimes 1/5 even) to IV.

Thing is,if your H will be at least semi decent,80mgs up the nose will have you prolly high as fuck,so whats the point 1/4ing that dose?Will you go to injection territory,and all the risks it carries,just to IV 20mgs or so? :/ Doesnt make sense,especially since you can so easily get whatever you need from snorting the H(first 50-80mgs to get you high,if that for some reason is not enough,you can snort another 50mgs an hour later and prolly start noding).

Dont get me wrong,im not trying to ruin your high or whatever and im very aware that what u do is up to you anyway,i just have the impresssion that you dont appreciate how potent Heroin is,and how effective of a ROA snorting can be.

Dont ruin your first experience with the drug by the potential anxiety of "did i miss the shot,why does it burn so much,why is my hand swollen,am i going to OD?",while you can relatively painlessly(might burn for a moment) enjoy carefree the best high of your life by snorting.

Btw,doing research and actually shooting yourself up are two completely different things,and nobody has ODed because he forgot to disinfect his skin or read the "instructions".Its a tolerance/potency thing.

I don't shoot but I have also done a lot of research on it. I can tell you this for starters, do not heat the shot. That will allow cuts that would not usually dissolve into the water to do so, so when you filter it they will not come out. It will not do enough in terms of killing bacteria to make a difference, just research it on this site and I guarantee the vast majority of people who know what they are talking about with shooting drugs will tell you not to heat the shot. Just make sure you filter it well. If using cotton then double filter, best bet would be a micron filter but they are not easy to acquire, gotta order on internet and they are a bit pricey, going for around a $1 a piece and they are one time use items. But they will literally clear out something like 99% of non-water soluble particulates and bacteria. I've had them lying around in case I ever stick myself, but have yet to do it.

I'm just wondering, are you addicted to opiates, it does not sound like you are if you are going days without using opiates. So in the case you OD and need narcan you will not have anything to worry about, it only makes you sick if you are addicted and then are thrown into instant withdrawal. You might not feel great, but that will be more attributed to how you were not breathing before the Narcan was administered.

Oh and just for the record, almost everyone on this site thinks you are an idiot for wanting to IV heroin when you have never even tried it via a more safe ROA, regardless of the research you have done. And aside from researching how to IV, which seems to be poorly done, you really don't seem to have a great grasp on a lot of other aspects of this situation. Well whatever, good luck, because I know how these threads go and usually the person refuses to listen to any reasonable suggestions and regardless they go about their plans. You are lucky Scags isn't still here and this is in BDD where the Mods don't rip people for posts like this(i.e. Sekio), so I am doing my best to make some of the points they likely would.

Last edited:
Thing is,if your H will be at least semi decent,80mgs up the nose will have you prolly high as fuck,so whats the point 1/4ing that dose?Will you go to injection territory,and all the risks it carries,just to IV 20mgs or so? :/ Doesnt make sense,especially since you can so easily get whatever you need from snorting the H(first 50-80mgs to get you high,if that for some reason is not enough,you can snort another 50mgs an hour later and prolly start noding).

Dont get me wrong,im not trying to ruin your high or whatever and im very aware that what u do is up to you anyway,i just have the impresssion that you dont appreciate how potent Heroin is,and how effective of a ROA snorting can be.
Well, I wouldn't IV directly after getting high from snorting of course, because I figure it would be kind of redundant at that point. But yes, I would like to eventually IV, because it's a fact that IVing gives a better rush than snorting, right? I've been using oxy orally for a while and wanted to IV hydromorphone, but since I couldn't find anyone who deals that, I had to resort to heroin. And believe me, I do understand completely how potent it is, which is why I only want to IV a small amount; and I realize how good snorting can be, but if IV is better I want to go for it. Plus IVing will save money, and I don't really have much money to allocate to drugs, so anything that saves money is helpful.
I'm just wondering, are you addicted to opiates, it does not sound like you are if you are going days without using opiates. So in the case you OD and need narcan you will not have anything to worry about, it only makes you sick if you are addicted and then are thrown into instant withdrawal. You might not feel great, but that will be more attributed to how you were not breathing before the Narcan was administered.

Oh and just for the record, almost everyone on this site thinks you are an idiot for wanting to IV heroin when you have never even tried it via a more safe ROA, regardless of the research you have done. And aside from researching how to IV, which seems to be poorly done, you really don't seem to have a great grasp on a lot of other aspects of this situation. Well whatever, good luck, because I know how these threads go and usually the person refuses to listen to any reasonable suggestions and regardless they go about their plans. You are lucky Scags isn't still here and this is in BDD where the Mods don't rip people for posts like this(i.e. Sekio), so I am doing my best to make some of the points they likely would.
I do love opioids, which I guess you could call a mental addiction, but I'm not physically dependent, no. I space out my doses sufficiently specifically to avoid dependence, as well as tolerance building too quickly. I was under the impression that getting Narcan while high on opes was always unpleasant even if you're opioid naive, but you're saying it's not as unpleasant as I was expecting... well, I guess that's slightly comforting. And I could tell by the responses that everyone thinks I'm an idiot, lol. I want to skip the other ROAs and go straight to IVing because I thought, based on what I'd heard, that IVing was the most efficient way to use heroin. If it's true that IVing the first time has a high chance of actually being unpleasant and not enjoyable at all, I'll avoid that at first, because I wasn't aware of that possibility. However, if IVing is just "needlessly intense" for a first timer compared to the risks, I'd rather go for it anyway, because I'm looking for an intense high, and don't care too much about the risks. It's not because I'm completely ruling out the chance of something bad happening to me; it's more that I don't really care. I mean, of course I don't want to die or anything, but I'm using heroin, which is a substance that has risks involved with any ROA, really. I want to minimize the risks as effectively as I can while still getting the best high possible. Do you guys honestly think that IVing will NOT give me a better experience than snorting it my first time, no matter what? Or is it just unnecessary for a first timer compared to the risks?

If you felt 30 mg of codeine you shouldn't IV heroin. I know, you said you only felt it cause of the tramadol. Tramadol is an even weaker opiate than codeine. Most opiates users wouldn't have even felt that dose. As for tolerance, that's only something that comes from regular habitual use. You don't have a tolerance

Snort the heroin. The first time I used heroin I didn't realize it wasn't like coke and that I should only do a little. I didn't have a bluelight with experienced people telling me the truth on what was best to do. I did way too much and spent the next day and a half alternating between throwing up and passing out. It was not a fun time, "rush" or whatever. Too intense of a first use isn't fun.

The next time I tried it (and I only tried it again cause I still had a bag left. That bag sat in my drawer for months). I only snorted half a bag. Now THAT was the opiate experience that kept me coming back. With no habit and no tolerance, you will have a much better high not overdoing it. Although part of me thinks that maybe you overdoing it could have a good result--as in you'll never want to do it again. After my first horrible experience I sure wasn't seeking out or craving heroin!!

Seriously though. You want to try heroin, which is a lot stronger than codeine +tramadol. Ok. Snort about a half of the stamp bag. Cause that's most lieky what you'll get in NY. If that's not enough after about an hour Do the other half.

You can always IV next time. Heroin isnt going anywhere. It's not like this will be the only time in life you'll ever see it so you must IV now.

Trust those that have been there. Oh, and if this goes in one ear n out the other at least--do not heat the shot. That is not necessary with east coast powder and as someone said, can introduce cuts. Heroin itself is very water soluble. And heat doesn't disinfect the shot

Whatever you do, good luck to you. Realize that the advice you are offered is by people who have (and do) IV. It's not by some anti-drug campaigning person who knows nothing. Everyone who spoke has been where you are at at one point in their life

(Edit)--forgot I wanted to ask-- What is your usual oral dose with oxy? What's the largest oxy dose you ever took?

Last edited:
Yeah, I get what you're saying. After all that I've heard here I've decided I'll just snort it for a while, and then once I get used to it and build my tolerance a little I might try to IV a really small amount, see what I think about it, and just go with the flow from there. I'm really eager to IV, but I'm not a complete idiot, and I would never ignore advice that so many knowledgeable people have pretty much unanimously given to me. Safety is the most important thing, and like you said, it's not like this is the only time I'll ever be able to make the decision to IV (unless my first time snorting kills me; that would be a bit of a bummer, to say the least, but at least I'd die happy lol). And as for heating the shot, I was only planning to do that to kill any bacteria that might be in the powder, not to dissolve the heroin; I know heroin tends to be very water soluble unless it's cut to shit (like black tar, which doesn't sound very appealing to put in my veins; I'm glad I live on the east coast). But if heating dissolves cuts and not heating leaves bacteria, I'm not sure which would be the lesser of two evils; however, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I guess. My normal oral dose of oxy is 10 mg because I space out my doses enough that my tolerance doesn't go up, and the most I've taken at once is technically 10 mg, although while I usually take it by itself on one occasion I combined the 10 mg with 20 mg of hydrocodone and barely felt anything. It was at that point that I decided I needed a little break (well, more like my inability to find a dealer decided that, but it was for the best anyway, since it's been exactly 50 days since my last dose at this point, so whenever I do manage to score some oxy or heroin, I'll likely be on cloud nine once again from a minimal dose :)).

I think what is annoying most people is you really don't seem to be treating IV heroin with the respect it deserves. I'm also suprised no one has said, what if you do it and fall in love? You'll end up in 'The dark side' asking where it all went wrong, I will tell you now it's the second you push that plunger. It may take months even years to get you but heroin doesn't care it can wait as long as you are willing to pump it into your body. I'm 8 years in. Only 23. No veins, lost family, friends, jobs, cars... Everything. Please for the love of god just at the very least stay away from IV anything. And I'm sorry to give you such a hard time but I wish someone gave me a kick up the arse when I said 'hey I want to IV heroin' . It changes everything. Anyway. Yeah. Your life. Be safe.

Yeah IV is definitely big league drug use.

Even in other drug scenes (like meth) it's viewed that way. Like "wow, he graduated from smoking to banging? That's fucked up dude."

anyone eager to be using IV drugs probably shouldn't be doing so.

anyone eager to be using IV drugs probably shouldn't be doing so.
Well, couldn't it be argued that anyone who wants to use drugs recreationally shouldn't be doing so? It's illegal for a reason, but as far as I know the purpose of this site is to provide harm reduction advice, not just to tell people that abusing drugs is something they shouldn't be doing at all. It's pretty obvious that IVing drugs is something that nobody should do, but that's not going to stop anyone, as I'm sure you know.

I'm not sure if this is where or how I go about this but I need some information to help out a friend of mine. This friend recently decided to try heroin. In fact he tried it not longer then 10 minutes ago. I'm going to try my best to describe how much, what it looked like and how he prepared it along with his tolerance to opioids so the bluelight community can best understand his experience so as to hopefully anwser his questions. The H he had is off white in color, you could say more beige if one had to say exactlyand hard as a rock. He took a piece approx the size of a match head placed it in a spoon and added enough water to fill half a 1cc poke. It dissolved a bit of the chunk but not all he then used the plunger end to smash it and stir until it dissolved completely. He then said when he tasted the plunger it was at first very sweet but that quickly changed to a bitter taste. He threw in a piece of cotton and drew up the liquid filling roughly half the poke or a little under half. He then went a did the deed as they say. It's after this is where he has the questions. He felt absolutely nothing from this!!! He is about 6 foot 170 pounds and has what I think to be a Huge tolerance to opioids. For about 5 years he has taken opioids in one form or another but regularly per day for that time period takes anywhere from 8 to 12 perks 5/325 and for the last two years of the five has been doing anywhere from 2 to 5 of the hydromorph 12mg intravenously. Let's say at least 2 12mg a day for sure. His questions are; does this H seem normal from the description? Should he heat the mixture? For his tolerance what would be a approx amount to achieve a level of elevation? (only asking so he can have a rough value so as not to exceed, HR) Thanks for any replies and information.

No. Some drugs aren't dangerous or harmful.
I'm aware, but there are other reasons why drugs shouldn't be abused besides danger or harm. In my opinion (and I'm sure the opinion of many other Bluelighters) the government shouldn't interfere with what we want to put into our bodies for fun, and drug use is a legitimate recreational activity because drugs provide happiness in a way that nothing else does, but some people may argue that it's just morally wrong to abuse drugs that are made to help people with medical problems. That's just an example, but my point is that every illegal drug is illegal because at least a few people think it shouldn't be abused for some reason. So I don't get the point of telling people on here that they shouldn't be doing certain drugs, just like the rest of society has told them for their whole lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.