• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Appropriate IV fentanyl dose

Asec1.Init

Greenlighter
What is an appropriate IV dose for pure fentanyl powder? Got my hands on just a point (0.1 g) and of course made an appropriate product with lactose through dissolution in ethanol and evap, pollen press, dry, yada yada, so it essentially comes out to every point (my preferred shot-size) has 250 mcg of pure fent in it. I don't really have a dope tolerance at the moment but have extensive use with IV boy in the past. I'm wondering, what is an appropriate dose for a standard-size heroin shot to contain of pure fentanyl so that a person is not likely to overdose but just get a solid rush that they would be able to handle and come back for more? Don't know if I need to create a resultant fent/lactose mixture with a higher or lower fent content per shot-size. Honestly don't know if 250 mcg is too weak or too strong. Probably depends on a person's tolerance, but I'd rather have a product that a person can do half a point and get a good rush but not overdo it.

What you're asking is nearly impossible man. Even if, and it is a big if, you happen to have legitimately pure Fentanyl powder and could estimate an appropriate dosage for a naive individual, we will still be left with the variable of your inherent sensitivity to Opioids. A dose that might just sedate one person could easily kill another, again, based upon each person's respective metabolic processes.

Also, things are made even more difficult when someone asks, "What is the dose I need to get severely fucked up, but not die?". Opioids, unlike say, Amphetamines or Benzodiazepines, have a relatively narrow therapeutic index. What this means simply, is that the dose required for therapeutic effects is really not that far away from the dose that could kill. The fact that the IV route is your chosen ROA also makes things tough. Whatever dosage you choose is going to be absorbed immediately, leaving you little time to contemplate your level of intoxication or to seek out help.

Taking all of this into account, 50mcg is considered the entry point in terms of Fentanyl dosing. You're not likely to get into any trouble experimenting with this end of the spectrum. For reference 10mcg - 15mcg/kg is considered an average dose when being used as an adjunct to anesthesia. If you do a little bit of math, you should be able to find some kind of reasonable middle ground to start experimenting with.

The bottom line is, and many of use IV users really hate to hear this, is that you should be taking adequate precautions by starting with a test-shot or two to determine the potency of your solution and how it affects you. It sucks because you have to give up part of that sweet rush, but it's beneficial in that it could keep you alive. Be safe and don't take any unnecessary risks. If there's someone suitable who you can tell, let them know that you're experimenting with a new drug, as crazy as that may sound.

What is an appropriate IV dose for pure fentanyl powder? Got my hands on just a point (0.1 g) and of course made an appropriate product with lactose through dissolution in ethanol and evap, pollen press, dry, yada yada, so it essentially comes out to every point (my preferred shot-size) has 250 mcg of pure fent in it.
What if it's not completely homogenous ? A little too much can kill you.
And 250mcg is too much, particulary if you don't have a tolerance. Even people with a high tolerance die due to taking just a little too much.

As Keif said, 50mcg is a pretty good starting point.
And have someone with naloxone around!

outside of an operating theater, there really isn't one.

... and how do you think they find doses there, hm?

If you have material of known purity, assume it's 80x stronger than morphine IV when pure. So to equal 10mg of heroin IV (a very strong dose for naive user) = 20mg morphine IV = 0.25 milligrams (250 micrograms) fentanyl.

It's smart to reduce this dose by 25-50% to start, just to be on the safe side.

If you use ethanol to make solutions, please be sure to keep track of its evaporation.

Oh, everyone else has already said this in some way or other, but chasing the rush with fentanyl is going to get you killed, statistically speaking... it has a much lower index of safety than heroin does, so the difference between an OK narcotic dose and death from respiratory arrest is pretty slim. Aiming for strong effects/a "rush" usually means higher doses than normal. Put 2 and 2 together.

Whoa yeah 250mcg is not an ideal first dose after a tolerance break. Fentanyl is the one drug that requires the most precision in execution of extraction. To be off a little is more likely to be fatal. I agree that a test shot is necessary but with the amount you are playing with any unevenness in solution is risking your life just the same or the life of the person you intend to test it. Do only what you can do not what you can't undo.

The entire reason for using a solution of fentanyl is that it won't be "uneven" assuming you dissolve everything.

If you have a milligram scale and good measuring tools (and you trust them), that's the best way to do it. Don't attempt to weigh 250 micrograms out.