• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Applying what you learn on psychedelics to everyday life

I really appreciate this thread, the questions, the stories, obeservations and the points in here. I'm going to come back to re-read this more slowly later on.

I just wanted to add a thing that I noticed, that I don't think anyone mentioned yet:

It can be useful to take very small doses of psychedelics to help apply the lessons of psychedelics to everyday life. I think of them as bridge doses, they connect the day to day experience to the heavy trips, and give you an in-between perspective to help bring the mighty aspirations of trip-land down to earth in tangible, do-able chunks.

The small trips can be good gentle reminders of the things you might have forgotten.

So I got to do LSD for the first time in around a year a few days ago and the idea of having to keep to myself these wonderful experience I have on LSD was bizarre and re occurred often once my friend had left and I was laying in bed thinking to myself.

My love and hate of alcohol became wrapped up in all this as I realized that I only really use alcohol because it is cheap, plentiful and not only accepted but downright encouraged, at least in the social environments I have grown up in.

So I drink arguably too often because I like psychoactive substances, I would probably use psychedelics openly in social situations instead of alcohol if there wasn't a chance that it could create a bit misunderstanding/ awkward situation about the nature of schedule one lysegimides as a social lubricant ?

I actually find LSD creates all the positive feelings of alcohol for me with none of the awful toxic side effects, memory loss, anger/need to lash out at people, or need to redose. I feel social, accepted by others, "at home", relaxed and ready to talk to people and enjoy snacks/ just kinda hang out and be a part of the human element in the setting I am in.