• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Apparently, kids are now abusing tylenol ...

simple solution: make tylenol a controlled substance and sell pure oxycodone over the counter.

ATTENTION IDIOTS

When they say tylenol I am pretty sure they are talking about tylenol with codeine. They are NOT talking about acetaminophen.

People like this DESERVE to die. Skunk, you are dead wrong 'IDIOT', this article is from San Diego and tylenol with codeine is not OTC anywhere in the US anyways. Learn to read, or keep your f'in mouth shut on subjects that you don't know a lick about.

How much do you want to friggin bet that there is not only some but many types of otc meds in the US that have codeine in them. Cough Depressants sometimes have codeine and sleep aids sometimes have codeine. They can easily be taken out of these otc meds with a cwe.

At least inhalants get you high. Acetaminophen just destroys your liver with no psychotropic effects. Silly kids.

SpunkySkunk347 said:
How much do you want to friggin bet that there is not only some but many types of otc meds in the US that have codeine in them. Cough Depressants sometimes have codeine and sleep aids sometimes have codeine. They can easily be taken out of these otc meds with a cwe.

These all require a prescription.
I've never heard of Canada's Tylenol 3's being sold in the states; and San Diego is about as far as you can get from that border.
The article clearly isn't referring to hydrocodine / tylenol pills (i.e. vicodin), as neither word is mentioned even once. The only other availible product in the US is the cough syrup ... which shares nothing with tylenol anyway.

I've been slamming acetominophen for about 2 years now. It's great. I have no intention of stopping.

I just hope the media doesn't blow the lid off this like they did with GHB. We've been having some wicked APAP parties. That shit makes bitches all horny yo!!

^ fuck yeah man, Chucktown, SC has been the mecca for the hottest APAParrrrtays. Fuckin' my liver was so fucked last night, i thought i was gonna die, that should get my parents attention!! shit yeah, i'm cool.

keep poppin' bro, them pillz and them bitchezz:D

SpunkySkunk347 said:
ATTENTION IDIOTS

When they say tylenol I am pretty sure they are talking about tylenol with codeine. They are NOT talking about acetaminophen.

Tylenol is acetaminophen.

So when you say 'tylenol with codeine' that is the same thing as acetaminophen and codeine.

To get cough medicine with codeine in it, you need a prescription.

SilverFeniks said:
Feniks predicts the future:

Keep your eyes out in the next few months for a similar article, related to the abuse of a new, dangerous drug known as "breath mints".

Sold under a variety of slang names such as ice breakers and altoids, this new threat has spread like wildfire, with dealers for the product setting up on street corner [stores] across America.

I heard sniffing the morning-after pill is one hell of a rush.

LOL!

SpunkySkunk347 said:

THEY DO NOT!!!!!

There is NO OTC MEDICATION IN THE US with codeine in it.

There is in the UK and australa, i KNOW.

BUt i can guarantee you, word is bond, there aint ONE OTC product with codeine in it in the us. if you think you know, and oyu dont even live here, youre a fuckin retard. the people who are drug feens in the US would just LOOOOOOVE to know where you could get codeine OTC, believe me.

quit bein ignorant

i would have thought the same thing...why the hell can't you get codeine? gotta be the only place in the world.

just cos some person doesnt know that codeine is banned in the US doesn't mean they're ignorant, people in other counties don't really study up on US rules and regulations, some americans seem to think people are stupid just cos they don't know everything about their lovely country.

i thought that the codeine was what they were abusing. much funnier article now that i know codeine isnt OTC.

^
Its availabe otc with a lot of apap in some states

im dutch!

^^No, its really not.

Christ, i dont think people should know everything about the US, i dont know everythign about thier country. i dont think the poster who said "how much you wanna bet there is codeine in OTC products, its in cough syrup and etc bla bla" is ignorant for not knowing every thing about our crappy country, but because he wont listen to someone who is tellin him the law.

if you are told that theres no codeine in any us OTC products by a US citizen, i think the US citizen would fuckin know. and if you refuse to believe it, not knowing the laws of the US, and not listening to someone who knows waht theyre talking about, then you are ignorant for refusing to believe the facts that someone who knows is telling you.(i dont mean you in particular in mean in general, anyone.)

i mean this aint some theory with room for doubt, its a simple black and white question. it aint legal. it aint sold over the counter. that is the law. thats all there is to it. so i dont know whats so hard to understand or believe about it is all =P

^lacey k is correct for all nonamericans who don't agree. you really can't get codeine in the US without a perscription.

even tylenol with codeine is schedule 3 in the US. spunkyskunk... you're just wrong on this one.

just cos some person doesnt know that codeine is banned in the US doesn't mean they're ignorant

actually i think that's the definition of ignorant 8(

The saddest part about this story is it IS NOT BULLSHIT!!!!! :( Talking to the younger brothers of some friends I've actually discovered that popping tylenol (with no additives) Is in fact a growing trend among Scartown youths (Ontario Canada.) in grades 8 and below. (13 years old or less.)

They we're telling me kids bring bottles of tylenol and pop it by the handfull all day to get lightheaded. I also not a grown man who eats 15 or so a day because he claims the feeling it givews him helps him get through work easier (And YES i've told him 10000 times how bad it is for him.)

I guess it would seem a logical assumption to a less drug-savvy person that a "pain reliever" like other drugs they hear about people catchin' a buzz off would have similar effects.

I think this story does need to be reported at least so these kids will realize they're not getting "high" and they can go and find some pot (Or preferably wait until their brains and bodies develop a bit further.)

Peace

So it is a placebo effect then? They *think* they're getting high and in result feel 'high'.

These people need real drugs. Maybe they should just make and market sugar pills as an abuseable drug so at least the kids aren't fucking up their liver or stomach or insides. They keep popping for placebo effect and we keep using actual recreational drugs. :)

If you are dumb enough to think Tylenol is getting you high, you deserve liver failure.

I believe this is what is commonly referred to as "thinning the herd"