• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Apomorphine is more widely available , has anyone tried it?

ryax

Bluelighter
It is becoming extremely widely available in troches and sl film ;
Has anyone tried it?
It seems to be prescribed for ED.

Apomorphine is not an opioid drug. It's a dopamine agonist and it can have stimulant-like effects on some people but it also causes nausea and involuntary movements as a side effect.

Apomorphine is so named because it's a degradation product of morphine, it's the end product when you boil morphine with strong acids

There's no opioid activity and instead it acts as an agonist of dopamine receptors. I think William Burroughs reccomended it for a sort of aversion therapy to treat opioid use?

One of the major effects it causes, due to stimulating dopamine receptors in the chemoreceptor trigger zone, is a powerful emetic effect. Veterinarians sometimes will use it to make cats and dogs puke up things that they shouldn't have in their stomach.

No recreational value at all.

I actually once smoked some weed with a veterinarian tech, she mentioned to me that once they had their clinic broken into by people looking for the good dope, unfortunately they couldn't get into the ketamine safe, so they left with... a few bottles of apomorphine.

Doesn't help that there's a pharmaceutical company called Apotex, and if they had morphine it would be labeled Apo-morphine... :)

I bet they had an unpleasant suprise.