• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

AP Joint Physics

You're doing it wrong, you want to tuck the sticky side in & then lick it through the paper, this allows you to rip off any excess paper & just have a single layer of paper around the joint which can't possibly be creased. If using folded papers you need to fold it backwards so it's creased the other way & the sticky side is at the front facing you as you roll, then the sticky side gets tucked in & licked through the paper.

DrGreen! All these years and I could never figure out how to lick the paper on the back roll. Smoking my first successful back rolled joint. Hells ya!

I've rolled perfect cylinder shapes, and cone shapes. With the same paper I can't see any difference in burning times between the two shapes.

The cone shape sometimes felt like it toked better than the cylinder, but I find how tightly a joint is packed and how the weed is ground (if at all, it can be just cut or crushed before rolling) affects the burn time and toke quality much more. And of course the quality of the weed.

I usually roll cylinder shaped joints because it's easier for me.
Don't have a problem with the carton "filter" falling out from inside the cylinder because I compress the rolled up carton bit with the thumb as I'm rolling, and the carton bit stays compressed inside the paper after I finish closing (licking) the joint. The carton bit unwinds like a spring and stays jammed inside.

For longer burn times I use thin paper, and like rice papers. And the thinnest around I think is Rizla Micro, but the length is a little small so sometimes use two papers. I put tobacco in those fuckers too.

^So you think thinner papers, particularly made from rice paper? Or is it possible that it's burning more slowly due to your addition of tobacco?

@all- Thank you everyone for your responses so far.

For this thread, I guess if it helps standardize/organize anything:

***all responses should assume use of the highest grade medicinal cannabis, either by itself, or with the sole addition of cannabis derived extracts (hashes, oils, keifs, waxes).***

Thin papers are better. Rice paper can be a little bit weak, need to take extra care with them, but they usually burn well & have a clean taste. I think most of the thin papers in silver or black packets are based on hemp & flax fibres, these can produce a good strong but thin lightweight paper, they seem to be less permeable than standard cigarette papers (like red or green rizla), I think that helps it to burn slower & provide a better hit.

If I had some soft hash then I liked to roll it into tiny thin worms & add them to a weed joint.

Last edited:
MY personal favorite is the RAW pack of 300 papers. Very affordable and top quality papers made from natural hemp. They burn good and have a very clean taste. They do have a bit of a tendency to run but I still prefer over any other paper I've used.

Pu3jBZo.jpg

/\ Lmao, I want to try to hand a cop a pack of rolling papers straight faced when he pulls me over. be like "ooooooohhhh... I thought you meant.... ya, no I know, I was like 'whats this cop guna do with PAPERs' LOL "

seriously tho, I know I just posted it up in CD, but I think this info belongs in here too:

Lacing your joints is awesome. Not with other drugs, but with MORE weed! Take a dab(or single rip/hit) size portion of wax/hash/concentrate (or more) and place it in the front 1/3 of the joint before you start to roll. If malleable, roll it into a thin pencil shape.. if not no worries just try to keep it in the center of the weed as possible and off the paper. Also, I like to put it just a little bit back so it doesn't get burnt when first lighting the joint, that way the heat will cause it to melt into the rest of the joint.

Makes for an ultra-potent, slow burning, super resiny joint. Pass it to your friend without telling them and watch them choke lol.

I just break down the bud as fine as possible & roll it like I'm rolling a cigarette. Simple as. I've done it enough that now I'm pretty good at it, the joints burn evenly and don't "canoe".

I think it's kind of a waste though and only roll joints if I've got a bunch of mids.

I like to roll a cone with a tiny roach end. that way by the end of the joint the cherry is much smaller and I think it makes the smoke less harsh. I use zig zag Blues and kings if im smoking with other people. Iv noticed the more time I spend shaping and rolling and compressing the joint the less canoes i get. Also im very careful of how tight I roll it. if its to loose it smokes faster if its to tight you gotta start over. Also how do you guys feel about crutches? one of my buddies wont smoke a joint with out it.

:| I've been smoking for years and years....mine still look like tootsie rolls when I'm done. I guess some people got it and some people don't. My buddy can roll and make you think a machine spun it up though.

I like to roll a cone with a tiny roach end. that way by the end of the joint the cherry is much smaller and I think it makes the smoke less harsh. I use zig zag Blues and kings if im smoking with other people. Iv noticed the more time I spend shaping and rolling and compressing the joint the less canoes i get. Also im very careful of how tight I roll it. if its to loose it smokes faster if its to tight you gotta start over. Also how do you guys feel about crutches? one of my buddies wont smoke a joint with out it.

Dude that's hella smart and make a VERY good point! Thank you!

I can't even roll... All my people did it for me.... The lonely walk of shame I take, alone.

Joints are for people who dont know how to smoke weed properly only true blazers (like me) smoke bongs mainly and only roll a 1 sheet joint and not bother with all the fuss you all give it

0MHix.jpg

/\LOLOLOLOLOL why don't you just make a pile of weed, light it on fire and try to suck up the smoke with a straw????? seems just as efficient as your joint.....

One day you will smoke a properly rolled joint(if you aren't so closed-minded all the time) and you will realize the error of your ways....

/\LOLOLOLOLOL why don't you just make a pile of weed, light it on fire and try to suck up the smoke with a straw????? seems just as efficient as your joint.....

One day you will smoke a properly rolled joint(if you aren't so closed-minded all the time) and you will realize the error of your ways....

Jointts arn't worth the effort and their is nothing wrong with my joints if they are smokable they get u just as high but joints are for people who are to stupid to use a bong of find bongs to complicated and dont know how to smoke weed properly i on the other hand do

Thanks for the vid! I used to see someone roll like this and light the extra leaf back in the days when I didn't know how to roll, and I was always intrigued. Definitely gonna learn this.

I always put a little bit of tobacco right before the roach, in order to avoid any waste of weed. These days I've been trying to smoke less and less tobacco, now I roll my joints nearly pure. Sometimes when I don't wanna smoke too much, I only use a regular cigarette paper (cut to avoid too much paper), they look like mini-joints, it's funny. The downside is that it gets smoked too fast...

Last edited:
Jointts arn't worth the effort and their is nothing wrong with my joints if they are smokable they get u just as high but joints are for people who are to stupid to use a bong of find bongs to complicated and dont know how to smoke weed properly i on the other hand do

Um... some people might just prefer joints, brutha.

These choices don't boil down to efficiency for everybody. Sometimes people just like to smoke a certain way, with no reason needed other than that's what they prefer to do.

I know more than a few people that consider bongs to be stupid because it's rather difficult to dispose of or stash a glass bong when you're riding down the highway getting pulled over by police. Other people might call those people stupid for smoking in the car.

Really it's all subjective, and it's kind of stupid to call somebody stupid because they like to smoke differently than you.

$0.02

LOL i think you're just jealous cause you can't roll a fatty