• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anything to do with male leaves?

Ason Unique

Bluelighter
I think my plant is male, anything I can do to the leaves, pick them off and trash the plant or something? Its in veg, can just tell from preflowers I think, looks like balls with hair things coming out of them. My other one that I think is female has more pointy ones with hair coming out of em so its hard to tell.

The leaves have a mild skunky smell to them, I believe this plant would be dank if it were female.

Last edited:
you still have that male?? lol you cant do much with it kill it for the love of god.! before he gets to your females

you can smoke male leaves. they get you a little high and give you a headache. if nothing else, it will relieve the withdrawal when you run out of bud.

if it's got little balls, get rid of it now.

just trash the leaves. they won't do much other than give ya a headache.

Get 'em out of your room for sure but other than that I wonder if there'd be any point to using them for BHO/QWISO. I don't know about male leaves THC content but if you have enough you might be able to make moderately potent extracts. Butane, acetone, or IPA could extract any THC present without extracting the "headache nasties".

FIRST, make sure its male. if this is your first time growing or sexing a plant you may be confused. a female pre flower looks like a small green calyx with a WHITE hair coming out of it. the first place you will notice these are right where the main leaves stems meets the stock of the plant.

a male actually grows a little green tenticle thing wih a small ball at the end of it which will open up and drop pollen when ready. just make sure its dead and gone before the first male flower opens. unless of course your breeding.

unless your male plant is covered in thc glands/crystals it is worthless. i wouldnt smoke it, hash it, keef it, or cook it into edibles. just toss it making sure not to spead pollen around.

I recently killed 8 large male plants blended them and cooked into butter. The end result just gave me a headache dude kill it. I know its hard to kill something you put so much time and effort into but there is no reason to keep it and if you don't it can even fuck you over your females.:\

First thing you do is get it the hell away from the females, then confirm whether its male or not.

First thing you do is get it the hell away from the females, then confirm whether its male or not.

Ason, considering I'm under the impression that you're growing several plants outdoors in individual pots then I'd listen to Rainbow here.

Move the suspect plant far away from the females and watch its progress more carefully until you know for sure. (Unless you're already 100%. If that's the case then you just need to trash the male.)

butane honey oil extraction on the leaves.....

Its going to give you the best return for the amount of effort....

I use them to make tea. Its very tasty.

butane honey oil extraction on the leaves.....

Its going to give you the best return for the amount of effort....

14.gif

BHO is just the best option for this....

You can go from ounces of wet plant material to a pretty high quality final product in less than an hour.... Although i imagine it would be a bit better if you allowed it to try out first.....

Butane is an awesome solvent for extracting cannabinoids from plant matter.... Mainly because it will boil itself off at room temp...

Just be sure to do it outside and ground yourself.... Go to anywhere that sells computer parts and they sell something to attach to yourself so you don't fry any computer components with a little arc of static... That same little static arc can and will ignite butane, and a lot of boiling off buntane in a pyrex dish inside a pipe filled will butane liquid in your hands is not a time when you want the butane to ignite... well detonate would be a better word for what would happen...

ground yourself, be around no outside sources of flame or anything very hot, do not smoke while doing this or anywhere around it.... Be outside because this shit can fill a room and sit there until something dose ignite it....

im sorry but i have to disagree. a male plant that has just showed signs of sex has very very little thc if any at all. all your extracting is chlorophyll and plant matter not thc. keifing is also a bad idea, your just breaking the leaf down and collecting the powder which is just really finely ground leaves not thc trichs. yes you will come up with a product at the end but it just isnt thc. i have done it all and thought oh cool i made hash or keif but it didnt get me high. looking back now i laugh, now i understand how real concentrates are made.

im sorry but i have to disagree. a male plant that has just showed signs of sex has very very little thc if any at all. all your extracting is chlorophyll and plant matter not thc. keifing is also a bad idea, your just breaking the leaf down and collecting the powder which is just really finely ground leaves not thc trichs. yes you will come up with a product at the end but it just isnt thc. i have done it all and thought oh cool i made hash or keif but it didnt get me high. looking back now i laugh, now i understand how real concentrates are made.

If you were disolving chlorophyll into butane your final product would be green....

Chlorophyll will disolve into polar solutions... butane is pretty fucking nonpolar....

Simple chemistry, laws of solubility.... Simple things that can help you extract what you want and not what you dont want...

Another option would be some anhydrous ether, probably not something your going to find outside of a chem lab but it does the job of disolving nonpolar compounds very well without disolving any of the shit like chlorophyll....

Im not saying the final yeilds will be great, but whatever is in there will be seperated....

You could get 100% of anything vaporizable out of the plant, you would need some glassware... a beaker to heat ground up plant matter to the point of vaporizing what you want out of it, and then a condensor to turn it from a vapor back into a rather sticky liquid.... From there you would have to rinse with ether or other solvent, and evaporate... THC will distill just like anything else, the problem is that it just sticks to everything so you can't just have it dripping into a collection dish.... very careful distillation is how the legendary "budder" was thought to have been made...

How may i ask are "real" concentrates made?