• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW?

midgy

Bluelighter
So, I finally spoke to a few outpatient facilities in my area to try and get off this shit once and for all. Heroin. My worst was around 2 years ago where I was sniffing aroun 1.5g per day but I have since got that down on my own to literally .3/g just to stay a float and that's been for around 8-10 months now consistently.

Any advice going into one of these outpatient programs I should know about? Never been to rehab. New to this side of things, Any advice will be grateful. I do have about 15 subs on hand a long with probably 60-80 80mg oxycontins and around 30 60mg oxycontins.

My original goal was to switch to the pills and then wean down from there myself and when I got low enough, enter the subs. Never tried it so these are just sitting.

Any advice would be helpful. I AM DONE WITH THIS SHIT.

That's fantastic, i'm happy for you. It's not easy weaning off on your own. I don't know anything about rehab facilities but your plan sounds solid. Switch to pills and taper down even further and then if needed you can do a rapid taper with the subs.

Definitely get switch off the H as soon as possible, I don't know what the heroin is like in your location but there is lots of fentanyl going around.

That's fantastic, i'm happy for you. It's not easy weaning off on your own. I don't know anything about rehab facilities but your plan sounds solid. Switch to pills and taper down even further and then if needed you can do a rapid taper with the subs.

Definitely get switch off the H as soon as possible, I don't know what the heroin is like in your location but there is lots of fentanyl going around.
Yes, for sure. I have had the same source for years and I only use him. He is not a street corner dude and get bricks so I am somewhat lucky that I don't get totally smashed shit cut with pure fent to make it worthy. he doesn't cut it at all for me. How he gets it is how I get it.

Anyway besides all that, I am ready to stop. I am a business owner, a successful one at that and I need an out. I can't keep living like this anymore.

That’s remarkable you have all those OxyContin and don’t use them
I have had them for months, all from legit scripts (not mine of course) but don't really want to mess with them. I'm over this shit and want it to be done with.

Hi Midgy!
I have been in a similar situation. I started my dope habit straight i.v, 18 years ago. About five years ago, I was able to put the needle down. No small task. But after a month, I couldn't even
imagine poking myself again. I have had two dealers in my entire drug history. Oddly, both women and they got their shit off the brick as well. Financially, I could not keep up the habit I wanted
to have. I ended up doing two years in prison because of my addiction and I was determined never to go back. Anyway, this past year I have weaned myself down from doing a 1/2 a gram every two days,
to making a gram last 10 days. I guess what I am trying to say in a rather long-winded way, is that you aren't doing very much heroin. I was forced to spend ten days without recently, and i was ok. I had
clonidine, gabapentin and prescribed xanax. After 5 days, it was mostly mental. I just feel like you going in on those Oxy's would be backtracking? Not saying it will be a cake walk but you have the subs and jumping from the small amount of dope to the subs wouldn't be that bad. Just curious, whatcha got all those pills for anyway? Whatever route you take, stay low on the subs and get off as quickly as
possible. Good Luck!! Oh, I'm sure you know this part: getting clean is easy, staying clean is the bitch. You have a support system or a plan to work out why you self-medicate?

Hi Midgy!
I have been in a similar situation. I started my dope habit straight i.v, 18 years ago. About five years ago, I was able to put the needle down. No small task. But after a month, I couldn't even
imagine poking myself again. I have had two dealers in my entire drug history. Oddly, both women and they got their shit off the brick as well. Financially, I could not keep up the habit I wanted
to have. I ended up doing two years in prison because of my addiction and I was determined never to go back. Anyway, this past year I have weaned myself down from doing a 1/2 a gram every two days,
to making a gram last 10 days. I guess what I am trying to say in a rather long-winded way, is that you aren't doing very much heroin. I was forced to spend ten days without recently, and i was ok. I had
clonidine, gabapentin and prescribed xanax. After 5 days, it was mostly mental. I just feel like you going in on those Oxy's would be backtracking? Not saying it will be a cake walk but you have the subs and jumping from the small amount of dope to the subs wouldn't be that bad. Just curious, whatcha got all those pills for anyway? Whatever route you take, stay low on the subs and get off as quickly as
possible. Good Luck!! Oh, I'm sure you know this part: getting clean is easy, staying clean is the bitch. You have a support system or a plan to work out why you self-medicate?
Thank you for that response, very helpful. So, my initial plan a while back was to stop using dope and switch to longer acting pills which is why I have them. Never worked out that way. Then, I was going to use the suboxone method where you dose a little subs as you continue to use little by little and then stop the dope, wait 2 days and start the subs, well that never happened either. Always bad timing because I own several businesses so money was never an issue in my case. Luckily, not even my closest friends or family members know I use and its been years now so it hasn't negatively affected my life or business...but I am just over it all. ALL of it. Everything. I want out. The mental game is rough and I tend to get a ton of physical symptoms like cold sweats and hot flashes really easily so I imagine it wont get much easier.

I am hoping on an out patient methadone clinic that can replace my daily cravings and then taper down from there. Any advice would help.

Midgy,
I have never taken heroin, but I have had issues with pills. I was in the same boat as you (financially stable and ready to quit). I ended up going to a addiction psych and she thought I should jump straight onto the subs, instead of tapering down. I did a bit of research on my own, but I wish I had posted something like you on bluelight..

Subs are great, but they are absolutely awful to get off. The worst WD’s, in my opinion. I actually jumped back on the pills because I thought I could handle the WD’s from tapering pills much easier than Subs. I think most people here would agree.. first thing you should do is flush the H. Then I would come up with a good taper schedule for the oxys. Those are some very, very strong pills you have though. I bet you would be fine starting with around 40-50 mgs a day. It would be easier if you could get some 5 or 10mg pills that are immediate release. Is that possible? It’s important to just take enough to have your WD symptoms subside and to NOT take enough to get you high. You can move down fairly quickly, and this is up to you. Maybe 5mg every 3-4 days? Once you get down to 5-10mg a day.. this is when it gets more difficult.

However, I found a great solution that is working for me.... psilocybin :), along with very clean liposomal (quickly absorbable) vitamins. I found that micro dosing towards the end of my taper essentially eliminated all cravings. Nutrition, excercise, and these supplements I think are equally important.

I am happy to discuss this more in the future with you about dosing, the supplements, etc. I wish you the best of luck and please do not be hesitant to reach out.

Many people have successfuly got off opiates with subs, methadone, or vivitrol. It’s possible one of those options could be the best for you. I’m just offering my two cents..

And by the way, I’m currently down to 10mg of oxy every other day. I take the psilocybin on the off days and feel great. Very productive at work, relaxed etc. I also dabble with some extremely clean cocaine and the occasional gin and tonic. My goal is to completely eliminate opiates from my life and stick with my preferred trio. Take care.. -LB

Last edited:
Midgy,
I have never taken heroin, but I have had issues with pills. I was in the same boat as you (financially stable and ready to quit). I ended up going to a addiction psych and she thought I should jump straight onto the subs, instead of tapering down. I did a bit of research on my own, but I wish I had posted something like you on bluelight..

Subs are great, but they are absolutely awful to get off. The worst WD’s, in my opinion. I actually jumped back on the pills because I thought I could handle the WD’s from tapering pills much easier than Subs. I think most people here would agree.. first thing you should do is flush the H. Then I would come up with a good taper schedule for the oxys. Those are some very, very strong pills you have though. I bet you would be fine starting with around 40-50 mgs a day. It would be easier if you could get some 5 or 10mg pills that are immediate release. Is that possible? It’s important to just take enough to have your WD symptoms subside and to NOT take enough to get you high. You can move down fairly quickly, and this is up to you. Maybe 5mg every 3-4 days? Once you get down to 5-10mg a day.. this is when it gets more difficult.

However, I found a great solution that is working for me.... psilocybin :), along with very clean liposomal (quickly absorbable) vitamins. I found that micro dosing towards the end of my taper essentially eliminated all cravings. Nutrition, excercise, and these supplements I think are equally important.

I am happy to discuss this more in the future with you about dosing, the supplements, etc. I wish you the best of luck and please do not be hesitant to reach out.

Many people have successfuly got off opiates with subs, methadone, or vivitrol. It’s possible one of those options could be the best for you. I’m just offering my two cents..

And by the way, I’m currently down to 10mg of oxy every other day. I take the psilocybin on the off days and feel great. Very productive at work, relaxed etc. I also dabble with some extremely clean cocaine and the occasional gin and tonic. My goal is to completely eliminate opiates from my life and stick with my preferred trio. Take care.. -
So basically, 40-50mg of pills won't old me for a day. Not even close. Probably 3x times that amount. Since they are longer acting, I would probably start with 30mg every 6-8 hours and see how that fairs out with 0 heroin. If I need more, I would like some faster acting pills on hand JUST so I don urge back to the dope just until I find a stable dose. Once I find a stable dose, I can start lowering it slowly and eventually once I get low enough, I can transition to subs for a couple weeks and then taper off those and hopefully that's it.

Thank you for that response, very helpful. So, my initial plan a while back was to stop using dope and switch to longer acting pills which is why I have them. Never worked out that way. Then, I was going to use the suboxone method where you dose a little subs as you continue to use little by little and then stop the dope, wait 2 days and start the subs, well that never happened either. Always bad timing because I own several businesses so money was never an issue in my case. Luckily, not even my closest friends or family members know I use and its been years now so it hasn't negatively affected my life or business...but I am just over it all. ALL of it. Everything. I want out. The mental game is rough and I tend to get a ton of physical symptoms like cold sweats and hot flashes really easily so I imagine it wont get much easier.

I am hoping on an out patient methadone clinic that can replace my daily cravings and then taper down from there. Any advice would help.

Methadone might be a good route but its generally a long term play. Most people don't stay on methadone for just a few months.

Switching to pills and then to suboxone may work. Were you injecting the heroin?

We are all here to help my dude.. let me know if I can be of assistance.
Thank you guys so much. ALL of you guys and gals here have been a huge support team. I have 0 support because nobody knows I use that is around me. I am a business owner and we sell in 60+ countries so not a single person has ay clue that I use.

Methadone might be a good route but its generally a long term play. Most people don't stay on methadone for just a few months.

Switching to pills and then to suboxone may work. Were you injecting the heroin?
Never shot anything in my life, not even tried it. Have 0 interest in that, Always sniff. I think I may try switching to the pills myself and weaning down, and then when I get low enough dose grab some 30mg fast acting pills for a few days to get the longer opiates out of my system so it doesn't take as long to have to transition to the subs and then I can use the subs for a 10-14 days or whatever (I currently have 15 of them on hand) and hopefully that should do it.

I went through precip withdrawal like 2 years ago when I was at my worst using 1+g/day dope and waited 26 hours and took 2mg subs and IMMEDIATELY went into extreme withdrawal and it was the worst experience of my life. I can't even describe the feeling how bad it was but it scared the living shit out of me which is why I've been so afraid to stop all this time. I've lucky weaned way down since then to average of around .3g/day dope just to stay functional. I just take tiny hits and it keeps me good throughout the day.

Keep us updated on all success stories and what’s working for. If you are hellbent on switching to subs eventually, I think you should see a professional so you can get more subs. 10-14 days of subs sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.. not sure what everyone else thinks.
The most important part of this is you truly want to stop.. that’s so admirable. Be proud of that. But don’t but a strict time limit on when you should be done. It was take time for your brain to heal and getting in a low does of subs for a bit will allow this to happen. Don’t feel like you need to rush off them..

Keep us updated on all success stories and what’s working for. If you are hellbent on switching to subs eventually, I think you should see a professional so you can get more subs. 10-14 days of subs sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.. not sure what everyone else thinks.
The most important part of this is you truly want to stop.. that’s so admirable. Be proud of that. But don’t but a strict time limit on when you should be done. It was take time for your brain to heal and getting in a low does of subs for a bit will allow this to happen. Don’t feel like you need to rush off them..
Midgy's family here. Please use him as an example of not being above you addiction. We are clearing out his email and came across this forum and him asking for help. He has unfortunately overdosed and is not here anymore. We are devastated and we urge anyone who is even considering treatment to PLEASE seek it. Please... for midgy. We wish we knew. We didn't live local to him and he's stayed away for the last year an a half and it all makes sense now. Please guys, get help. please....

Midgy's family here. Please use him as an example of not being above you addiction. We are clearing out his email and came across this forum and him asking for help. He has unfortunately overdosed and is not here anymore. We are devastated and we urge anyone who is even considering treatment to PLEASE seek it. Please... for midgy. We wish we knew. We didn't live local to him and he's stayed away for the last year an a half and it all makes sense now. Please guys, get help. please....
I am so sorry for your loss. I was following his posts and was excited to see if he progressed and tapering down. This should send a message to all who are struggling with addiction. I was saddened to see this and may he rest in peace. And to family, may God give you strength through this difficult time ❤