• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Anyone who decided one day to do an animated short movie, or interactive story, or comic (using computer graphics)?

lecroute

Bluelighter
Because I want to.
I have several ideas and some basic knowledge of how to.work with Photoshop/gimp, and blender, and after effects/natron, twinery.
I also have A LOT to learn and experiment.
And I would also like to know about how others with the same goal started out.

i've been gradually working in that direction, but i've been looking at using ink rather than twine for the narrative.

i'm not much of an artist, though, so i've been heavy into learning stable diffusion, which i've seen used for storyboarding as well.

i haven't had time to really get into blender yet but plan to. i did watch this amazing tutorial that i'll be using for reference at some point -

I looked into ink and decided to work with twiner y, I think because I can install it on my computer and work offline without having to backup my work anytime I need to clear the browsers' cache for my "real" work.

The video went to my "watch later" YouTube list the moment I saw the partial model of Springfield. Creating a (fictional) city map is top of my list. Thanks for sharing this!

yeah, I might end up trying Twinery as well just to feel out what the limits are. I think it's more important to have a tool that isn't too complex than to commit to one that might end up bogging down the creative process.

If you spot any good resources on either, please do share

yeah, I might end up trying Twinery as well just to feel out what the limits are. I think it's more important to have a tool that isn't too complex than to commit to one that might end up bogging down the creative process.

If you spot any good resources on either, please do share
I'm awfully uncreative at the moment. Trying lots of things at once and finding nothing that attracts me enough to stay with it. And I'm usually a well-focused person who stays on something until the end or until it really proves not worth the time/effort.