• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone used naloxone to reduce tolerance?

Synaps3

Bluelighter
I want to know if anyone has tried this. I just use kratom regularly and have no plans for any opiates ever again. The kratom kinda works, but I want to lower tolerance. It looks like naloxone is very short acting so even if it's hellish, it can't be too bad. Could I take a low dose of that between kratom doses for a few days? You think it would work?

I want to know if anyone has tried this. I just use kratom regularly and have no plans for any opiates ever again. The kratom kinda works, but I want to lower tolerance. It looks like naloxone is very short acting so even if it's hellish, it can't be too bad. Could I take a low dose of that between kratom doses for a few days? You think it would work?

I haven't been up to date on some of the new published articles, but I know some of the ultra low dosing is in the microgram or less range, which would create problems outside of a clinical setting with proper equipment to be able to dose. As far as the nuances between ultra-, very- and low dose therapies, they each seem to have potential benefits for targeted areas.

I’ve always thought the reason I can maintain on the same dose fairly well with Suboxone is due to the Naloxone it contains. Generic subutex doesn’t quite have that effect for me (Naloxone free).

-GC

I’ve always thought the reason I can maintain on the same dose fairly well with Suboxone is due to the Naloxone it contains. Generic subutex doesn’t quite have that effect for me (Naloxone free).

-GC

That's an interesting theory, I actually never had to increase my dose ever and I was on Suboxone for a decade. I actually bet you're spot on, here. 2 mg of Naloxone taken sublingual would net you about 40 to 60 micrograms, so it definitely fits.

That's an interesting theory, I actually never had to increase my dose ever and I was on Suboxone for a decade. I actually bet you're spot on, here.

Isn’t that strange? Part of me wonders if the manufacturers knew of this peculiar interaction. I actually have been wanting to get LDN lately to see if I can push it further and bring my dose lower. As well as protect from any future cancer..

Yo man you should also talk more somewhere on here about how you got off, or maybe you already have? I feel our stories are very similar, same age, same area, I’ve been on sub over a decade. I’m curious to hear how you used full agonists to stop.

-GC

Yo man you should also talk more somewhere on here about how you got off

No matter what, it wasn't easy. It was just the lesser of two evils. I used intravenous diacetylmorphine (this was over 3 years ago, so it was before fentanyl took over everything). Even through using the IV heroin, the withdrawals still were bad for a long time. I think mine were so severe and lasted so long just for the long term use of it, I mean I remember it wasn't until around day 43 (I have no idea why I remember that specific day, but it was like a significant change that always stuck with me) where I finally noticed the buprenorphine withdrawals were completely gone. Obviously, at that point I'm in post acute and not acute withdrawals anymore, but considering I was using heroin daily, it was baffling. I then finally quit heroin/fentanyl January 31st, 2018. The scarier part was that when I stopped doing buprenorphine, I was down to around 0.5mg/day or less. I can't even fathom what a higher dose to jump off at would have felt like.

I haven't been up to date on some of the new published articles, but I know some of the ultra low dosing is in the microgram or less range, which would create problems outside of a clinical setting with proper equipment to be able to dose. As far as the nuances between ultra-, very- and low dose therapies, they each seem to have potential benefits for targeted areas.

Well, the plan would be to dissolve the powder into a nasal spray device, so it shouldn't be too hard to get a really low dose. Not sure where I'd start. I see only one supplier with the stuff and not sure if there'd be trouble with customs (is it prescription only)?

As a side note, I just discovered Meptazinol. It is an agonist-antagonist that is unregulated in US and redily available in China. Been looking for something with a similar strength to Kratom that doesn't gain a tolerance. Anyone tried it? I might just make another thread cause I don't see any results in the search.

No matter what, it wasn't easy. It was just the lesser of two evils. I used intravenous diacetylmorphine (this was over 3 years ago, so it was before fentanyl took over everything). Even through using the IV heroin, the withdrawals still were bad for a long time. I think mine were so severe and lasted so long just for the long term use of it, I mean I remember it wasn't until around day 43 (I have no idea why I remember that specific day, but it was like a significant change that always stuck with me) where I finally noticed the buprenorphine withdrawals were completely gone. Obviously, at that point I'm in post acute and not acute withdrawals anymore, but considering I was using heroin daily, it was baffling. I then finally quit heroin/fentanyl January 31st, 2018. The scarier part was that when I stopped doing buprenorphine, I was down to around 0.5mg/day or less. I can't even fathom what a higher dose to jump off at would have felt like.

What was your average dose over those years? Yea I feel you I’ve had times where I was on .5mg due to lack of access and even the withdrawal from that is bad. I too also don’t get covered with traditional opioids when in WD from Suboxone, weirdly though tramadol helps a lot which leads me to believe some serotonin action going on there.

God I’m scared for when the day comes..

-GC

What was your average dose over those years? Yea I feel you I’ve had times where I was on .5mg due to lack of access and even the withdrawal from that is bad. I too also don’t get covered with traditional opioids when in WD from Suboxone, weirdly though tramadol helps a lot which leads me to believe some serotonin action going on there.

God I’m scared for when the day comes..

-GC

Tramadol was like my savior sometimes for withdrawal too! Never a fan of it at any other time, but wow, did Tramadol save me on numerous occasions out of horrible withdrawals.

For average dose, I was prescribed 24 mg/day for the entire decade. I even used to get mail order, 90 day supply, 270 8mg tablets mailed right to me for $15 back in the day through Medco. Actual dose, usually no more than 8 mg/day. On days I knew I would use OC after work, 2 mg/day (which seemed to happen more frequently than I would have liked lol).

I see only one supplier with the stuff and not sure if there'd be trouble with customs (is it prescription only)?

It's a legend drug, but I believe every state at this point besides Hawaii has enacted legislation to allow one to buy it at the pharmacy without a prescription. There may be some nuances though, about ordering it out of state or country, for that I'm not sure.