• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anyone used modafinil?

BosanacX

Greenlighter
How much do you use to make you feel better? I got some prescribed today for sleepiness 300 mg but besides that, I'd like to have it lift my mood a bit but IDK how much to take?.

Also is there a comedown from modafinil since it is a brain stimulant? I have used Dexedrine and it always helped but comedown was not tolerable. Thanks

Doesn't have a huge mood lift to it at any dose. There certainly is some. Wouldn't take more than 400mg at a time though.

There is a definite comedown though it is pretty mild compared to dextroamphetamine. Headache, irritability, some slight dysphoria etc.

I didn't notice any moodlift or increased Focus/energy with modafinil at any dosage. Some people like it though, i'm a dopefiend so i need much more stimulation to feel rised energy levels and moodlift.

Just have some caffeine to potentiate it. Don't be expecting much more from modafinil, but it is fantastic for it's purpose.

I tried it and while my hopes weren't too high remembering reports comparing it to caffeine and it was correct, unfortunately. It will be good for people with authentic narcolepsy but as of mood lift / abuse potential it doesn't bring much.

I tried it and while my hopes weren't too high remembering reports comparing it to caffeine and it was correct, unfortunately. It will be good for people with authentic narcolepsy but as of mood lift / abuse potential it doesn't bring much.
Even for people with narcolepsy it isn't all that once tolerance builds up. My stepmother struggles with narcolepsy from some bad sleep apnea, and it doesn't even necessarily keep her awake like it should. There's obviously some more serious underlying issues, but yeah. I've never understood how moda is so highly praised and expensive. As far as nootropics go I'd even pick piracetam over anything like that.

Even for people with narcolepsy it isn't all that once tolerance builds up. My stepmother struggles with narcolepsy from some bad sleep apnea, and it doesn't even necessarily keep her awake like it should. There's obviously some more serious underlying issues, but yeah. I've never understood how moda is so highly praised and expensive. As far as nootropics go I'd even pick piracetam over anything like that.
I used to suffer from severe sleep apnea and insomnia, and in Australia we don't have public access to racetams or many other nootropics, but I had a prescription for Modafinil for a while, and prior to that my own source.

I used to love taking moda when I needed to drive long distances or work an extended shift. For me it cleared the brain fog and put my scattered thoughts in line, so it was a perfect utility drug. Definitely no recreational value, at all, though.

Well, at least it might hopefully help with my severe sleepiness.

I love amphetamines, especially dex I mean it really lifts my mood and clears my brain I could do anything but comedown is so painful that I wanna jump out of my skin.
Is there anything that could help with speed comedown except benzos because benzos don't work for me any longer?

How much do you use to make you feel better? I got some prescribed today for sleepiness 300 mg but besides that, I'd like to have it lift my mood a bit but IDK how much to take?.

Also is there a comedown from modafinil since it is a brain stimulant? I have used Dexedrine and it always helped but comedown was not tolerable. Thanks

Not really, if youv never taken it before youl prob get a mild mood lift. 300mg is too high if youv never taken it. try 100 or 150. More for getting things done, also if youv never tried it before its great to get things done with esp cramming for exams or doing assignments, but anything really - from cleaning to exercise. The whole thing of it is that it switches off procrastination

Last edited:
When Modafinil was first being prescribed in the early days, I had access to large amounts of name brand tablets from my sister. I didn't care for it, some people swear by it. There was no noticable mood lift or euphoria, it was essentially super coffee. Made me feel kind of wound up, like a bundle of anxiety but not terrible. I wouldn't attempt to use it for anything other than wakefulness.
Edit: And I wouldn't start at 300mg. More like half that.

Used to take it through lockdown here, 50mg had me focused like hell - now when I take that amount I get nothing. Don’t want to go up to 100mg as only have a small supply left.

But yeah no recreational value unless you need to stay up for an extra few hours or have to cram for an exam.

I'm on 250 armodafonil (XR) in the AM with 200mg Modafinil with that and 5mg dexamphetamine too, then at around 4pm I take another 100mg of Modafinil and 5mg dexamphetamine if I'm planning on going to bed by 9:30 but if I have to stay up past 10 until 11-12 or later I'll take another 100mg Modafinil at 8pm and 5mg dexamphetamine with that.

But I have Narcolepsy, so what for me simply stops me from falling asleep throughout the entire day would be insane for someone without the condition to take. My friend took half a 100mg Modafinil pill once when we were at a concert because he was a bit tired. We went home at 11:30, I was in bed asleep by 12 after taking my 200mg Modafinil as a booster on top of my regular dosage of 250 XR and 300mg earlier in the day. He sent me like 10 messages through the night asking how the fuck I went to sleep when he knows I'm taking that shit all day because he just needed to 'do stuff'. I also know a guy I used to study with who would pop 50mg and go into focus energy mode and he swore by it, I'd take 200mg at the same time, wash it down with a 3 shot coffee, then lie down to nap for 30 min while it kicked in, and still not be as focussed as him, yawning and shit.

They're not recreational drugs. They're eurogenic medications. They keep you awake, but they don't stimulate you. That's why they're first line treatment after GHB (xyrem) for Narcolepsy which actually treats the condition by putting us into slow wave sleep. America is basically the only country that does xyrem though, so it's unattainable for most people and unaffordable even for those who can access it. In my country a month of it on the special access scheme on a permit runs you $5000 iirc.

So they start people on Modafinil, then Modafinil, then dexamphetamine.

Most of us find that our symptoms are controlled best by a combination of the medications. Ive definitely noticed that to be the case. Dexamphetamine had a bit too much of a crash, which knocked me out if I didn't time it right. With the armodafonil I don't crash until 3-4pm but I can boost it by dosing the short acting ones.

I wouldn't recommend taking the amount I take if you don't have Narcolepsy though. It won't be a good time. There have been periods I have questioned my diagnosis but my stimulant tolerance despite years of abstinence and the fact that I can be on these drugs as a combination at these doses and sleep by 11pm most nights is a fair indication that I am somewhat fatigued normally lol.

I would look elsewhere for recreational value. This is a medication. Or used for work if you are a fighter pilot.

In that dose first two days you can catch a great mood lift, I have prescribed but 100mg, but I have Concerta 72-108mg, 1. free, 2. paying cause it's methylphenidate and as such is considered a narcotic which requires a long tests which finally I completed in friday. I have ADHD, and GAD was cause untreated I'm in mid 30's
so:
You can't bear the crash-then modafinil is perfect for you, but lower the dose after 3rd day! just advice, you will find more like this p.e. on web cause of long elimination or pharmacocinetics.
I work night shifts and something is happening now new but nwm...chronic fatigue and narcolepsy can give you prescription free, but that's relative on location moj BosanacX.
Modafinil is quite stimulant to someone then OTOS just awakening substance or not working for another.
Fore me is good when out of Concerta, for a couple days, but I found that couple times a month when need for job is good., and it's potent liver inducer which works synergistic with my other med or I'm imagining but it works.

In that dose first two days you can catch a great mood lift, I have prescribed but 100mg, but I have Concerta 72-108mg, 1. free, 2. paying cause it's methylphenidate and as such is considered a narcotic which requires a long tests which finally I completed in friday. I have ADHD, and GAD was cause untreated I'm in mid 30's
so:
You can't bear the crash-then modafinil is perfect for you, but lower the dose after 3rd day! just advice, you will find more like this p.e. on web cause of long elimination or pharmacocinetics.
I work night shifts and something is happening now new but nwm...chronic fatigue and narcolepsy can give you prescription free, but that's relative on location moj BosanacX.
Modafinil is quite stimulant to someone then OTOS just awakening substance or not working for another.
Fore me is good when out of Concerta, for a couple days, but I found that couple times a month when need for job is good., and it's potent liver inducer which works synergistic with my other med or I'm imagining but it works.
So you take modafinil and concerta together?

Does modafinil alone help you with concentration and memory like methylphenidat does? I'm not after a mood lift (yet I don't mind it when its there of course) but urgently need something helping me with poor memory and hyperactivity/constant nervousness. As modafinil is freely available here while I can't find a doc prescribing me amphetamine or methylphenidate I think about giving the moda a second try, maybe I dosed too carefully (think I did just 50mg).

So you take modafinil and concerta together?
No I try not to! When I'm out of money for Concerta or recently they rescheduled it so when get script for generic Vigifinil which comes in 100mg I take like 300mg 1st day and 2cn but then I buy Concerta or before I would take only 100mg cause not only insomnia: rashes-small ones on hands, and just a feeling but with Bupe and Moda the same story, if I took like a week I would be manic(which I welcome sometimes)in modesty.
Methylphenidate when you ask? It's energetic tunnel vision- helps with dark thoughts(which also sometimes are welcomed) but on modafinil cognitive tasks are better, but just with that moodlift in first days then it's like I actually need more bupe almost 1st time ever burnt stash two days before new script.
If I remember you(disoc. or pregabs?) nwm. I'm tapering pregabalin (which has tendencies to fuck with cognitives so maybe I'm not the example from baseline!
But moda is helping meaning need less pregabs when on!
I think about giving the moda a second try, maybe I dosed too carefully

But If can or have nothing to loose?, why not take another chance?-find sweet spot( same drug- diff animal) ;), only thing that you can consider is mg/kg which is 2mg app.
O man what would I give for amphetamines cause they just work better on me but we don't have them, forget about speed from street( amp sulphate 1%)! Trying to get Elvanse-Vyvanse import from Germany but maan it's exhausting to be mental, or just addicted to bupe and Pregabalin!
Give moda a Go or Armodafinil which is even lighter on side effects

modinafil was the most awful experience ive ever had and I FELT STUCK IN IT FOREVER. tried it several times. I understand now why they produced it for the military. Definately helps prevent you from sleeping, but I remeber just being so fucking overwhelmingly bored, but the need to do something, so I walked in a square shape, not circle, around a store for an hour to avoid wanting to fucking die so hard. stay away. this drug is meant to create sheep.

this is not actually a stimulant. TAKING MORE IS A BAD IDEA and will not be a pleasant thing. This will never get you high. It will just get you to not need sleep. thats it. and make you no longer see colors and desire to do anything creative or have hopes and dreams. its the fuckin worst.

Seemed like caffeine to me in a differnt way. Hard to describe. Gave a mild boost to mood at first, at least. Nothing like amphetamine, though. Good for cognition in some ways, I'd guess.

For me the first 2-3 times I took it were almost euphoric , I did have studying to do and I would only recommend it for this purpose or maybe staying awake.

I like modafinil and adrafinil for work. They're both good for pulling all nighters at work (with coffee) and not getting high.