• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Anyone used meth to get off opiates?

Seems like a stupid question but my friends that use meth only say it doesn't have withdraw like opiates...some of you may have seen my post trying to come 15-20 fent/ blues a day and in my 18 years addiction to opiates, I had never tried meth .... untill this morning and damn it felt fucking amazing!!! I'm curious if I could kinda transfer my usage from the fent over to meth then maybe have an easier time getting eventually off the meth?
Sounds wacky but I made it today on only 8 pills and hitting the meth pipe a couple times.. I'm trying to see some logic here but feel like a fool as I type this .
This is like saying “anyone shot themselves in the foot to get rid of athletes foot”. 😊

I mean, neither affliction seems like a good idea, but it seems (to me) meth is so much worse for you. (I’m sure some people will disagree). Opiates can ruin your life- fact. But getting off opiates only sucks for about 2 weeks. The intense suck is like 4 days. My gf works as a nurse in a mental facility and a quarter of the people there are there for long term psychosis caused by meth use. Meaning, you have permanently destroyed your brain. This is why I usually have negative things to say about meth. I mean, besides the fact that I’ve personally seen people use it and change drastically. You might get an infection in your heart from shooting opiates or damage your liver, but after getting clean, you’re good. Back to the old you. Meth isn’t like that. It literally destroys peoples brains. And even young people. There is a patient there now who’s 24. Abused meth for a few years and will likely have to be in a facility for life or a really long time. Even with moderate use of meth, it takes months to a year for your brain to go back to normal. It’s not worth the risk for me. I really like knowing the difference between real and not real.

And as I said on another thread, the new shit- the P2P shit is cheaper, doesn’t last as long, and causes more psychosis than the old shit. It’s more toxic. Literally burns your brain.

Long story short, if you can kick the opiates, DEFINITELY don’t start meth. Use subs or kratom. Kratom is SUPER helpful, even for people with a serious habit. Even for fent.

This is like saying “anyone shot themselves in the foot to get rid of athletes foot”. 😊

I mean, neither affliction seems like a good idea, but it seems (to me) meth is so much worse for you. (I’m sure some people will disagree). Opiates can ruin your life- fact. But getting off opiates only sucks for about 2 weeks. The intense suck is like 4 days. My gf works as a nurse in a mental facility and a quarter of the people there are there for long term psychosis caused by meth use. Meaning, you have permanently destroyed your brain. This is why I usually have negative things to say about meth. I mean, besides the fact that I’ve personally seen people use it and change drastically. You might get an infection in your heart from shooting opiates or damage your liver, but after getting clean, you’re good. Back to the old you. Meth isn’t like that. It literally destroys peoples brains. And even young people. There is a patient there now who’s 24. Abused meth for a few years and will likely have to be in a facility for life or a really long time. Even with moderate use of meth, it takes months to a year for your brain to go back to normal. It’s not worth the risk for me. I really like knowing the difference between real and not real.

And as I said on another thread, the new shit- the P2P shit is cheaper, doesn’t last as long, and causes more psychosis than the old shit. It’s more toxic. Literally burns your brain.

Long story short, if you can kick the opiates, DEFINITELY don’t start meth. Use subs or kratom. Kratom is SUPER helpful, even for people with a serious habit. Even for fent.

I know some people really hate my Methamphetamine soap-box, but I feel the same way. I injected Heroin for years, drank excessively. I've seen crazy shit. People's limbs rotting off. People in psych ward's with wet brain who have been reduced to infants by their Alcoholism. I was somehow able to accept these things and not flinch.

When I truly understood about Meth after it came to my area, it scared the shit out of me.

My father sold meth after he got back from 'Nam in 69...that went on until 76ish.

Meth is a real fucked up drug. I actually HATE it but just like any thing else there is a time and place.

I've cold kicked a huge fent habit with nothing but a 20 of meth. It does work.
How big of a habit? I did 30 blues today :(

Seems like a stupid question but my friends that use meth only say it doesn't have withdraw like opiates...some of you may have seen my post trying to come 15-20 fent/ blues a day and in my 18 years addiction to opiates, I had never tried meth .... untill this morning and damn it felt fucking amazing!!! I'm curious if I could kinda transfer my usage from the fent over to meth then maybe have an easier time getting eventually off the meth?
Sounds wacky but I made it today on only 8 pills and hitting the meth pipe a couple times.. I'm trying to see some logic here but feel like a fool as I type this .
Real talk I had a dope head that use to cop molly from me and I was like wtf are you doing you like downers noT uppers??

After my car accident and my back being destroyed the dr ofcouse fed me oxy untill im taking 6 30s a day. Well I ended up eating a gram or two of molly all night got locked up and never withdrawed off the oxy ever and I’ve definitely come down off them before so I know the feeling. But I seriously think it is the cure to a dope addiction or Opy addiction. Eat a cap every hour all night or for a couple days when you crash you should be good when you wake up. She swore up and down it did it for her too and she had been a heroine user for almost a decade..

I can attest to the benefits of methamphetamine use for opioid withdrawal and how it has helped me greatly. First of all I will say this...if you're looking for a cure-all this is not it..BUT..if you're looking for your symptoms to be managed and withdrawal to be very limited you're going in the right direction. I withdrew from Suboxone after years on Fentanyl, medical grade only because I had graduated early after my war experience in 2008. I had found myself addicted to ANYTHING that would get me fucked up in order to not deal with my problems, substance use is a side effect of bigger problems after all. Thirty years of addiction and more then a few rehabs, inpatient visits and lots of self reflection later, I can say this: If you're coming straight from opioids, it lessens the withdrawal slightly, if you're on Methadone which is a full agonist it would lessen your withdrawal slightly but manageable as in the first case. If you're coming from a full agonist such as heroin, fentanyl, methadone, it will lessen it slightly, but fully manageable. COMING FROM a partial agonist such as Suboxone, Subutex, NOT NALOXONE, it is completely manageable and you barely will feel the worst of your problems; diarrhea, shakes, convulsions, anxiety, depression. Coming off of a full antagonist such as Naloxone you will feel every methamphetamine effects after a few hours like you were sober beforehand with your receptors clogged or highjacked by an antagonist. IF you have previously used opiates for an extended period of time you WILL become baseline, unless of course you're using fentanyl which has an extreme affinity to bind to receptors and take over whatever mu receptors you have available, instead of letting things take it's course. You're in a good position IF: You have obstained from use for at least 12 hours(fentanyl has a long half-life, 8-12 hours - as compared to heroin, which has comparatively less @ less than an hour.) AND you have your head straight and consciously know that you're doing this for reasons of being sober, I would ABSOLUTELY 100% suggest amphetamines or methamphetamines. Things get bad as you all know, and the one of the biggest reasons people don't stop use is fear of the withdrawal. This route will make you baseline, unable to get the "rush" from the methamphetamines (in the euphoric way) while distracting your mind to not focus on certain negative effects of full blown opioid agonist inactivity once stopping and dealing with the effects of not having those available. Along with Imodium (the suggested dose, not 5 or 6 to fill the place of the opiate receptors in your head, yes Imodium is an agonist but doesn't pass the blood/brain barrier) and some anti anxiety medication, which could come in the form of antihistamines(preferably) certainly not benzodiazapines like Xanax, Valium, or Klonopin unless used for only a few days. Being addicts, who can resist a good break from reality? It's my favorite pastime and those that aren't addicts haven't really experienced the extreme joy or false sense of safety that drugs like all opioid / dopamine receptor agonist can provide. YOU WILL have significantly less anxiety, regular bowel movements or slightly off; almost non-existent withdrawal. But YOU WILL NOT have better sleep(it will come months later depending on length of use) and absolutely WILL NOT be straight in your head, meaning happiness will be non-existent. BASELINE. This is to get better, not create the kind of experience you enjoyed from drugs. It WILL NOT be a pleasant experience, but it WILL SIGNIFICANTLY, DRASTICALLY, EXPONENTIALLY reduce opioid withdrawal. If you're strong of mind and ready to quit, I would HIGHLY suggest this route as apposed to full blown withdrawal that comes with going cold turkey. It's almost painless in its effect, albeit the mental depression and lethargy. Methamphetamine with continue to block reuptake of dopamine while your body adjusts to life without. You will feel EVERY physical effect on the CNS though such as high heart rate, ringing in the ears, inability to sleep compounded by the fact opiates have disturbed your sleep pattern and the effects on your adrenaline, slight paranoia and wanting to do things but unable because you're lacking the motivation. Stock up on Seroquel, antihistamines, and a shot of liquor once bi-nightly to facilitate sleep, any more will hider your deep rest more then it already has. You won't be able to sleep every night because of the CNS effects of the methamphetamines and sleep disruptions opiates bring but even while awake you will be content in your suffering. Keep in mind this is for the better. When you're 1-2 weeks of of opiates, stop methamphetamine cold preferably after you've been up for longer than 24-48 hours, which will allow you sleep through most of the depressive withdrawal that methamphetamine brings with it. You will still have no happiness or motivation to do anything, but you won't shit yourself, you won't feel your skin crawl and want to jump out of it. You won't be puking up dinner, lunch, or breakfast you never had because you're remembering to force eating at least twice daily, RIGHT? No racing thoughts and preoccupation with withdrawal symptoms and what you're going through. No jerking of the limbs and body(although I am a big believer that masturbating facilitates a sense of happiness when going through such things as withdrawal lol). Full blown opioid withdrawal is not something you want to commit to half-ass. MAKE A PLAN AND STICK TO IT. Why the fuck else are you going to put yourself through potentially literal hell just to come out of the other side addicted to a different substance? Even though the other substances you may or may not use has a withdrawal doesn't hold a candle to the former, be vigilant, know yourself and your anatomy. After your receptors are free of dependence, which will be about a week, sometimes a tad bit longer, STOP EVERYTHING. No methamphetamine, no Imodium, no Vistaril, no Benadryl. Stop it all. You will be depressed, you will be hungry, you will be lethargic and unmotivated if you've used for a long period but you will be fine. If someone says that methamphetamine will just take the place of the other, I say they haven't experienced the debilitating effects that a massive opioid addiction, coupled with an extremely high affinity to receptor binding drug like fentanyl or Suboxone, can do to the psyche and body. You may not sleep right for a month or so but you will be sober and on your way to recovery. My suggestion is to get a therapist afterwards and figure out why you're doping yourself up in the first place.

Remember: Opioid Agonist this is fine or partial agonist this is fine, but have a plan. If you're not addicted, this is a sure fire way to become addicted. A week of hard opiate use is nothing fun but manageable. This is for experienced, high dosed, long-term (years) addicts who are addicted to opiates and know the dangers, but want a smooth and painless comedown. Good luck my friend, and may we see you on the other side.

I know this is an older post, but I think holds extremely valuable information that one could use to withdrawl painlessly.

This is a terrible solution to the problem of opiate addiction, unless you're keen on trading a high risk of overdose for a slightly lower risk of overdose, psychosis, sleep deprivation, moderate to severe weight loss, and a just as crippling addiction.

There is a sort of withdrawal to meth btw. For many days to weeks after continuous use you will have very low energy, motivation, possible depression, and a higher propensity to sleep in. That may not sound too bad but depression induced by stimulant binges can lead to extremely dark places.

Don't get me wrong, a fentanyl addiction is very dangerous due to the constant risk of overdose from hot batches, but a meth addiction of the same caliber will very quickly destroy your mind and body, if not quickly then slowly over time.
As opposed to having all of those symptoms? I find sleep disturbance patterns causes mental instability after all. You will have all of the listed above at any rate, using amphetamines or methamphetamines locks you in auto-mode. If you're using fentanyl, STOP IT. It has an extreme affinity to bind to receptors as well as medication like Suboxone etc al. Heroin, Hydromorphone, opium, minor pills such as hydros and percs...have a go at it. Your mind will be fine, Methamphetamine blocks reuptake of dopamine, essentially driving you baseline. You won't feel good but you'll survive. If your brain already has fentanyl on its mind, it doesn't give a fuck about methamphetamine, it's just there to stimulate your CNS.

I went one worse. I swapped from opioids to 2 bottles (1.5l) of gin a day. Sure, I couldn't feel any sort of a withdrawal, I just ended up as an alcoholic.

While judicious use of minor tranquilizers along with other comfort medications such as loperamide and anti-histamines, it doesn't sound like the perfect plan. After all, you are still going out and buying drugs. I discovered that the problem with giving up opiates was that I wasn't leaving the house for weeks - my whole life revolved around getting those opiates. I would buy food, soap and other basics while I was out, but in the end, I realized my entire life was built upon obtaining drugs.

That really seems like apples and oranges to me. Not would you be trading one addiction for another, but they're completely different classes of drugs.

I became drawn to opioids, alcohol and benzos because of my anxiety disorder. I can't go anywhere near a stimulant. (I don't even drink coffee!) I tried Adderall years ago and flushed them down the toilet after a major panic attack.

Be careful, my friend!

I am on your wavelength. WHY do people want to be 'more awake'?

Just out of interest, do you know anyone who has become psychologically addicted to apples and treated said dependence using oranges as a 'substitute fruit'? If so, do you have any insights for those struggling with a huge apple habit who are looking to see if oranges provide a practical way for them to take back control (of their fruits(?

I am on your wavelength. WHY do people want to be 'more awake'?

Just out of interest, do you know anyone who has become psychologically addicted to apples and treated said dependence using oranges as a 'substitute fruit'? If so, do you have any insights for those struggling with a huge apple habit who are looking to see if oranges provide a practical way for them to take back control (of their fruits(?
Oh, I'm not judging at all. I'm just speaking from personal experience. I've tried just about every drug to get off of another drug, and it usually had disastrous consequences.

Since we're on the topic of fruit (I'm getting hungry now), maybe I would try substituting something like red apples for golden apples!

Peace, Love & Faith,
Dreamflyer

Why would one want to be more awake?? There are PLENTY of reasons “one would choose to be more awake!”
In my instance… I am in a really horrible living situation, dealing with Domestic Violence, trying to get out of here, packing and going through 10 years of “carp” all while trying to find a place to live with no job, and get help WITHOUT losing my kids to a narcissist OR the state….. I have a pretty decent heroin/fetty problem now because of this relationship!! (I never took more than a doctors script, and usually never even took the whole script, before I was in this relationship… now I have a 10 heroin/fetty addiction that I would give ANYTHING to kick!! And NO… subs do NOT work for me! Even after 3 days of no fetty I STILL go into PW Almost IMMEDIATELY if I take a sub to subdue my withdrawals!) yes… a few days on adderal and one or two nights of no
Sleep for me does the trick to get ALOT of stuff done!! It’s a better feeling to me than the sleep coma that the heroin puts me into! Besides, like I said, I have kids, I can’t be sleeping OR be “out of it” while they are home! I need to be awake and alert for them! At this point, I’m only using so that I can make it through the day without withdrawal! I don’t even WANT to use anymore, but I can’t find anything to help the withdrawal! Subs USED to work… a few years ago when I tried to quit the first time… but the Withdrawl I got from even the sub taper I did was horrendous! I may be new to chatting here on blue light, but this website has been my “go
To” for over 10 years now!!

I got off of a heavy IV coke/crack, assorted opioid dependence and heavy drinking habit by starting up using/making meth. Instead of dying I spent ten years in self made hell as well as the penitentiary, that sucked, but I do have no doubt that had I continued as I was I would have died. Make what you will of that, but hey.