• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone use kratom on a regular basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
How bad would it get for me if I proceeded down this route? Legitimately kratom helps a ton with adderall crashes and depression but I know the opiate game can get quite dark if you use it daily... but still I would like to hear opinions from heavy kratom users. Does it affect sex drive and sex life in the same way for users? And how bad are the withdrawals in comparison to traditional opies

The fact that it's legal is also quite appealing to me.

I use kratom daily. About 10-20g a day for the past year.

The WDs aren't as hard as traditional opioids.

It used to affect my sex life but it doesn't have that effect anymore.

Tolerance develops at a pretty fast rate. I used to be able to actually nod (and I shot h for 4 yrs), but that faded fast and within a couple months I just use it to stop WD.

There seems to be some kind of ceiling effect. after about 20g of plain leave powder I won't get any higher if I were to take more.

Opiates decrease sex drive significantly, when i was using tramadol daily i had almost no sexual urges, i only ever masturbated about twice a month. Kratom has less severe side effects in my opinion but that's probably because i'm highly tolerant to it.

I take 30-40 grams of kratom a day, if i don't have kratom every 4 hours i start to go into withdrawal, after a whole day of not having it i'm a complete wreck. I don't get high anymore no matter how much i take, i'll get a very slight buzzed feeling after taking a dose but that fades very quickly.

Opiates are not to be fucked with if you can help it. Unless you are in chronic pain it's best to just stay far far away from them.

I have been taking Kratom daily for nearly 3 years now. I take 20-30 grams a day.
It has a jones, but not nearly as severe as H or the "hard core" opiates.
It is definitely self limiting. and I actually feel the smaller doses more than the large ones. It fucks with my vision at high doses so trying to get fucked up on it just fucks me up.
Most of what I have read on this thread is pretty close to my Kratom experiences as well.
It is pretty good for pain management and even better for your mood, IMHO.

I have been taking Kratom daily for nearly 3 years now. I take 20-30 grams a day.
It has a jones, but not nearly as severe as H or the "hard core" opiates.
It is definitely self limiting. and I actually feel the smaller doses more than the large ones. It fucks with my vision at high doses so trying to get fucked up on it just fucks me up.
Most of what I have read on this thread is pretty close to my Kratom experiences as well.
It is pretty good for pain management and even better for your mood, IMHO.

I have heard of kratom messing with people's vision, or giving them the "wobbles". But I have never experiences this side effect.

How do the wobbles feel? I have taken up to 30g in a single dose before and 60g over 60g in a day and never gotten any more feeling than if I were to take 20g or so.

I'm curious as to what this strange side effect feels like.

^I get that too and it's annoying as hell. I always have to squint not to have my vision be thrown off, i feel like half the time i'm fighting going crosseyed. It's honestly the most annoying symptom of using kratom right now.

I used 10 g today and feel nice but pretty spaced out. It seems like something that could be just good for emergency terrible mood days. Idk what's different about the composition of kratom but traditional opoids feel more like a stimulant and definitely more addicting

I have to think it's an excellent antidepressant, it definitely makes me happier thoughout the day, and I agree it's more stimulating than traditional opiates. But compared to H or any other opiates really it's not nearly as addictive IME.

I?ve used Kratom on and off again for the past 2 years. I?ve been both a daily user and also twice a month user. The withdrawals do suck but not like quitting H cold turkey.
That being said I want to again emphasize that it can be quite addictive especially if you already have depression and anxiety issues.

This is not an answerable question. It could get bad. Maybe lead to a divorce. Unwanted pregnancy. You could choke on it while taking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.