• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone use e cig for a.d.d. ?

Sorry guys, I was a bit tardy in responding. I sorta nodded off watching The Shining. :)

Thanks for posting that up Brokedown. The guy that runs the place is great.

My favorite liquid is 36mg Cola.. numm numm numm..

The eGo-T comes with two batteries and two atomizers. (basically two e-cigs) and I fill the tank about once every day or two. I do carry both batteries with me however I've never had to use my spare. The 1000mAh has never died on me - and I vape all day at my desk at work, plus on the drive in/home.

When you order be sure and pick up a couple extra atomizers to have around. If you are lazy and don't clean them occasionally after about a month or three they tend to gunk up and performance can deteriorate. I've only had one actually go bad on me and that was my fault for not cleaning it correctly.

-Drifter

It's not only MAO inhibitory action produced by other tobacco constituents. They also contribute to the effects felt while smoking cigarettes by activating nAChRs so it's an additive action causing dopamine to fire at neurons in the region of the reward system. And these other substances aren't really that weak or something as there have been some researches done and it was shown they do cause more self-administration in rats.

I don't know if some nicotine patches or e-cigs can be equal to a regular cigarette. I used to smoke quite a lot but I quit. The interesting thing about smoking tobacco is how effects differ when one inhales fast and less smoke and when one inhales longer and deeper so the effects can be either more stimulating or more calming. I do only snuff now and I don't have much of a problem when I run out of it. If I'm lazy, I can stay at home and not go to a tobacco shop to buy snuff. But it's always less nicotine there and it doesn't hit the brain that fast from the mucous membrane. However, a few days ago I finished a cigarette of my friend because I didn't want to wait until she finishes smoking (I was always known to take long and deep drags and I was always the first to finish). It was like half a cigarette but then I felt an urge to smoke a cig on the following day...

Nice but we do know that the psychoactive drugs available legally kill probably a lot more than illegal drugs and most of the time accidents happen among people who don't use for a long period of time. Well, whatever, it's a never-ending dispute...

^First time I OD'd was on hand picked datura seeds and rue, all legal.
Funny how people(in USA atleast) think that if something is legal then it's safe. That just encourages the gov't to further regulate what we can do since they think people are relying solely on them for instruction.

I have a link where they sell the same kit for alot cheaper. You can buy it with the regular atomizer and cartidge setup or the tank setup like drifter was talking about. I used to smoke a pack a day and switched completely to vaping about 2 months ago. The difference is amazing! Your lungs feel better, taste comes back, clothes don't stink and I personally can't stand the taste or smell of a newport anymore.

I used to smoke one and a half pack a day and I just stopped. What's really interesting the time when I smoked the most was high school and university. But I guess it was quite easy for me to quit smoking because I still supply my body with some amounts of tobacco alkaloids by doing snuff although I feel no effects from it. The other thing is cigarettes were something that always came along with my intravenous use of opioids. After I stopped shooting up, cigarettes didn't really give any euphoria on their own.

Anyway, it's always better to be a person who can still smoke or tolerate smoke when it's needed but generally doesn't have to smoke because feels miserable otherwise.

Electronic cigarettes are a novel invention, that's for sure. I have some, and tried using them to quit smoking cigarettes a number of times, but failed horribly. Sure, it contains nicotine, it looks like you're exhaling smoke, but it still doesn't feel the same to me. It lacks that throat hit that comes with puffing on a real cigarette. Personally they didn't work out as well as I'd hoped in regards to replacing regular cigarettes, but if you succesfully get them to work for you in that manner, than i applaud you.

I'm not realy sure of your question, though.. You're asking if e-cigarettes help with treating ADD? Well you said so yourself, that 'between the cig and caffeine I feel way better". So if you have found something, or a combination of two things, that works for you, without going the amphetamine route, than I would say there's no reason to change your routine. Caffine and nicotine are both stimulants, though obviously have different modes of action than an amphetamine type drug would.

This post was from a couple of days ago, but I have to agree with you on the "feel" of hitting a cigarette. I need to feel the burn of a marlboro going down my throat (and ya that sounds bad...but deal with it) and I need it to be thick. I tried one of those at the stand at a mall and I literally took like 35-40 puffs off of the thing (my average cigarette (Marlboro 27's) last about 15 drags, 20 or so on the new 100's), and it was just thick enough that I could inhale and still blow "vapor" rings, but smoking that literally just made me want to go smoke a REAL cigarette lol. I think some of it has to do with the fact that you're not actually burning the nicotine. Whenever you set something on fire it undergoes a chemical reaction; thus, the nicotine in a cigarette would undergo a chemical reaction as you smoke it changing the entire chemical make up of the substance. The e-cigarette just vaporizes the nicotine (just turns it into a gas); thus, only giving the nicotine a physical change and maintaining the same chemical make up as it was prior to vaporization. Just my theory on it.

To the OP...I'm glad that caffeine and e-cigarettes handle your ADD. I'm pretty sure I have an undiagnosed case of ADD as I can never focus on anything lol. But no, I smoke real cigarettes and drink a lot of caffeine and it doesn't really affect me.

Has anybody tried to dissolve any vaporable drug in the liquid in order to geh high? Do you think it's possible? It sound very tempting to me :)

I've heard of a few people doing it, but not with much success.

my body does not tolerate extended methylphenidate. Ritalin IR is nice though. i prefer dexedrine, vyvanse, and adderall

if you have never used nicotine before, an e-cigg could potentiate be used for medicinal purposes. ADD is merely a neurotransmitter deficiency, specifically dopamine. nicotine is known to increase the amount of dopamine in the by mimicking this NT, along with serotonin, and norepinephrine. most medications prescribed for ADD and ADHD (i.e. amphetamines, DNRI's, ect..) also increase dopamine in the synaptic cleft but to a higher degree and efficiency.

I have ADD and am running an ego-t setup with 24 and 36 mg liquids. i charge it every few days and it does seem to calm me but not like cigs. ive read that the nicotine will be absorbed through your mouth as well lungs but you cant really compare the nicotine contents to cigs because not nearly as much nicotine gets absorbed through vaping compared to a cig.

i prefer my e cig tho because i can never smoke a cig without getting the feeling of smoking to much and not wanting anymore. with my e cig i can just take a puff here and there without committing to a whole cig. also no stink or having to go outside to smoke.

I have the blu e cigs and the cartridges don't last for shit! I get a few batteries worth of good drags, then wammo I'm left with like 100 half drags that make me prematurely open a new cartridge! I think I'm just going to blow threw these cartridges and hope I can quit cigs afterwards!