View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone try Salvia sublingual extract?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I've smoked Salvia a whole bunch of times and of course it only lasts about 10 mins.

But I've heard that the sublingual extracts can make the experience last up to 2 hours but be much milder.

I was wondering if anyone else had ever tried the sublingual extracts/tinctures and if so, how would you compare them to the effects of smoked salvia?

Are there any other substances you'd suggest mixing with a sublingual salvia extract for enhanced effects?

Thanks

Last edited:
Never tried an extract, but 30-60 fresh leaves buccaly beats the pants off of any smoked formulation of S. divinorum......far superior.....pretty great stuff used that way. Smoked is a novelty....buccal is something else entirely....you can actually do something with it!

Interesting. I have a bunch of 5x extract, it's from 8 to 5 years old, but should still be good, right? Any idea where to start with a 5x extract, buccally?

I will try it possibly even tonight, and report back, perhaps. :)

EDIT: I didn't

Last edited:
it sucks
but if you have to try
empty a teabag
put your extract in the bag
tie it up with tooth floss
and suck and chew that super quid.
have no expectations
(basically you will end up wasting it - but you can dry it and smoke it later)

Never tried an extract, but 30-60 fresh leaves buccaly beats the pants off of any smoked formulation of S. divinorum......far superior.....pretty great stuff used that way. Smoked is a novelty....buccal is something else entirely....you can actually do something with it!

that is a huge salad

For the record I was talking about the tinctures of salvia I have seen advertised not taking some smoking extract and putting it in my cheek.

However, I've heard of the leaves being chewed which sounds interesting.

What exactly do you mean by this comment?

Also, you just chew some of raw leaves?

How long do you leave them in your mouth?

Thanks

You hold the leaves in your mouth as long as you wish and spit them out or swallow when you feel you're reaching an appropriate level of intoxication.

If you're trying sublingual or buccal with premade extracts I would dissolve/suspend them in a very small amount of ethanol or acetone (acetone is better solvent than ethanol for tinctures - Erowid pdf) and keep your expectations low.

It really looks like fresh leaves are best for chewing. Dried leaf and extracts should probably be saved for the pipe.

Yes I've tried Daniel Sieberts "extraordinary potion of enchantment". Tastes like very strong alcohol that you hold in your mouth for as long as you can. Very gentle, just like dreaming really. Costs a fucking fortune tho.

Yes I've tried Daniel Sieberts "extraordinary potion of enchantment". Tastes like very strong alcohol that you hold in your mouth for as long as you can. Very gentle, just like dreaming really. Costs a fucking fortune tho.

You mean the "Sage goddess emerald essence"?

Is it kind of like a dreamy relaxing trip?

How long does it last?

[we don't allow price discussion]

How many individual doses do you think you could get off the 1/2 fluid ounce bottle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is he still selling that stuff? It's certainly an extraordinary potion of enchantment. It's not going to blow your bollocks off that's for sure. When I tried it about 12 years ago I just held a "strong" dose in my mouth for as long as I could stand the burn, then drifted off to a strange dreaming/tripping state. It wasn't something I could move around on, I just closed my eyes and let it take me where it wanted. I think it lasts maybe an hour or two.

If you've got money to burn and no other psychedelics it might be worth a try. I forget how many doses to a bottle - I suppose it depends how many drops it takes to make you trip.

If you manage 10minutes out of smoking your doing pretty well imo unless it's multiple doses; I take (admittedly) single hits of very high potency; never had anything over 5min to baseline. Siebert suggests rather long durations in my opinion but subbed upto about an hour. His tincture is extremely expensive you won't get much out of a bottle; he suggests diluting it which makes it even weaker. Your unlikely to get many goes out a bottle - wouldn't even like to hazzard a guess. Probs better get some decent leaf.
Getting proper stoned first helps but salvia a bit of a toss up between generally mild subbs and stonking strong (assuming x whatever) smokes