• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

anyone tried mixing tramadol with lunesta?

cmpetr2k

Bluelighter
I've been looking for posts about mixing tramadol with lunesta and if there is any recreational value to this combo. Can someone enlighten me? If you've tried this combo what were the effects? I'm currently on about 15 50mg trams and was thinking about trying some lunesta with it. Any info on this combo would be greatly appreciated!

Eszopiclone, also known as Lunesta, is a nonbenzodiazepine "Z-Drug"(the same category as zolpidem(ambien)) that acts as a depressant due to its actions at the GABA subtype A receptor. Basically, its a depressant that shares some qualities in common with benzodiazepines. The primary difference, at least from what I've read, is that drugs like Eszopiclone and Zolpidem, while being sedating, are less euphoric that benzodiazepines. There is always a risk when mixing CNS depressants, in your case tramadol and eszopiclone, but with this combination the risk should not be as high as with benzodiazepines. However, this is not to say that this combo is competently safe, and to avoid the risk of complications like death you should dose both drugs at 50%-65% of your usual dosage, and slowly work your way up, stopping if you find that your breathing is getting too shallow.

Prescribed both, taken as directed several times in combination. Same kind of synergy as benzos and opiates (potentiation of both), same things to watch out for...

15, 50mg trams is way too many. That's 750 mg. way passed the recommended daily intake. Be careful, watch out for seizures. Of lunesta raises the seizure thresh hold, maybe taking a small dose would be good. If it lowers the seizure thresh hold, I'd avoid it like the plague.

Gabaergic drugs usually increase the seizure threshold. Barbs, benzos, alcohol, and more than likely z-drugs should help prevent seizures, though to what degree the threshold is raised is unknown to me.

I personally preferred z-drugs to benzos as they were more euphoric to me and less sedating. Benzos knock me out better than z-drugs.

Synergy will be felt here (ambient+heroin was a favorite combo of mine). Dose carefully especially if oral admin is used since you "can't take back what you put in". Personally I'd dose the z-drug first as you seem to be tolerant and more familiar with the effects of tramadol. You'll know based on how you feel from the zdrug how much tram you can handle.

As the above posters have said 750mg of tramadol is miles too much. You could put yourself at serious risk of seizures and other complications. If it takes that much tramadol to gain you the effects you want then tramadol is the wrong drug for you.
The risks of mixing a z-drug with the tramadol are the obvious ones of added sedation, respiratory depression/aspiration and hurting yourself while heavily intoxicated.
On the plus side, the lunesta would go a small way towards protecting you from seizures, whether this benefit is worth the risks is up to you but a massive reduction in dose would be the best place to start regarding future safety.

Gabaergic drugs usually increase the seizure threshold. Barbs, benzos, alcohol, and more than likely z-drugs should help prevent seizures, though to what degree the threshold is raised is unknown to me.

I personally preferred z-drugs to benzos as they were more euphoric to me and less sedating. Benzos knock me out better than z-drugs.

Synergy will be felt here (ambient+heroin was a favorite combo of mine). Dose carefully especially if oral admin is used since you "can't take back what you put in". Personally I'd dose the z-drug first as you seem to be tolerant and more familiar with the effects of tramadol. You'll know based on how you feel from the zdrug how much tram you can handle.

Z-drugs are very very weak anticonvulsants... I highly recommend that the op just lowers his dose of tram...

I realize now after some research that your right, that's way too much tram and it dangerous. However, before I knew that and began experimenting with Tramadol I learned that I needed to take about 30-35 50mg pills (1525mg) over about a 4 hour period to get a sustained desired effect . After being warned by people such as yourself I realize that amount is insane. But I never had a seizure or felt anything that scared me, only euphoria. I guess I have a naturally high seizure threshold. But you never know when ones luck will run out. So. I agree.
Tramadol is nothing I should be using recreationally because for whatever reason I have to eat such an insane amount to to make if fun . Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, you may have saved my life!

Last edited:
Your very welcome!
Not that im condoning opiate use but dihydrocodeine is about equal -potent with tramadol and in sensible doses has a nice synergy with lunesta. Obvoiusly, all the same warnings as with tramadol (minus seizure) still apply.

Interesting. I've never heard of that opiate varient.. "Dihydrocodeine". I'll keep an eye out. I like trying new things!

Its fairly common in the Uk (where i am) and is scripted to patients (like me.lol) when tramadol is no longer effective or contraindicated. Its closest american cousin is proberly hydrocodone, dihydrocodeine is just a little weaker then hydrocodone i hear. I cant be certain because hydrocodone isnt available in UK.
Dihydrocodeine (unlike codeine) is fairly sedating and has a 'classic opiate' feel to it (if you get what i mean.lol).

Yea sounds nice I was there I would party with ya. I like playin video games when I'm high, like Tiger Woods Golf, football, baseball, hockey etc. How bout you wats you thing

^Please keep the thread on topic. If you wanna socialize, please use a social thread, or when you hit bluelighter status, through private messages.

Oh without a doubt.lol
My fav thing at the moment is 2mg of etizolam and a couple of hours on dead space 3 but tiger woods is spot on aswell and i enjoy ice hockey, not really into baseball though and by football do you mean the american version with massive guys running around a noughts and crosses board with a shit-ton of padding and a mini rugby ball?.......just yanking your chain, buddy.lol

edit: sorry, to be fair im just as bad and i should know better!lol

Understood. I'm new to this. I'll remember to stay on topic from now on. Sorry bout that.

Never heard of etizolam either. I never realized drugs varied so much in other countries. Makes me want to travel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Etizolam is a prescription benzo in places like japan and italy or india but is completely legal in US and UK. I get mine from a (mostly) trusted online vendor.
But i do get what you mean, id love to visit the US, mainly because of the awesome prescription opioids you get to enjoy!lol

Yea we definately have crazy strong opiates and a lot of feel-good Dr.'s

Yes its way too much. Please no one take that much. The other day I started out with 13 50mg trams, and then another 29 over a 7 hour period. I know for a fact that I am unique in that I can take that much without OD or seizures. But even for me its very dangerous and who knows if and when my luck will run out, so I won't be using Trams anymore. Again, PLEASE do not attempt to take anything near that many Trams. Its far too dangerous.

It seems like y’all are smarter than me. You see I took 2-3mg lunesta and 20-50mg tramadol. It wasn’t until they were in my body that I started having second thoughts and visions of Heath Ledger. Do any of you struggle with compulsion? Have any of you beat it? How?