Anyone that's healed from HPPD?

THC can act as a strong hallucinogen to some people. To me its as strong as mushrooms or acid, and much more unpleasant. Just because you are acclimitized to it, doesnt mean it isnt ( or cant be). And that was my whole point in the first place, that all OP needs is time to acclimitize.

On the topic of brain scans, unless you have physical damage like a tumor or severe degeneration it ain’t gonna turn anything up.

neuroimaging can be a wonderful tool but only for the right jobs

Were my brain to be dissected after death, I am sure you could point out some issues

Were my brain to be dissected after death, I am sure you could point out some issues
Ehhh the problem is that we don’t really have an idea of what a “typical” brain looks like

admittedly though, I’m a pretty staunch advocate of the concept of neurodivergence and a modern psychiatrist would likely disagree with me

On the topic of brain scans, unless you have physical damage like a tumor or severe degeneration it ain’t gonna turn anything up.

neuroimaging can be a wonderful tool but only for the right jobs
Yeah that was the whole reason of bringing it up, to show you cant definitively say one persons hppd is worse than anothers, due to a lack of physical evidence. You just gotta take their word for it and help them work towards recovery because the route is generally pretty similar, whether its hppd or anxiety or something inbetween. Its irrelevant the cause.

Take it from me Brepp, thinking about hppd is the worst possible way to deal with HPPD. I know thats counter intuitive, but words like 'permanent' can induce a lot of stress, stress makes hppd worse, hppd makes stress worse. Its a deaths spiral. Mine was really bad, like full on acid trip 24/7 ( this was 15 years ago.)

Do I still have it...? Yeah.. I do but I don't care. It kind of gets better and you kind of learn to live with it, and those two together are good enough. Humans are very adaptable. People who wear progressive lenses have constant distortion in their visual field but the brain adapts and learns to pick out the important pieces to form an accurate representation of reality. This will happen to you, I guarantee it.

Just forget about it as best you can and live your life. Stay away from hallucinogens especially cannabis. I don't like to smoke it, I don't like to eat it or see it or smell it just get it the fuck away from me, in any form.
I'm sorry to hear that you also have this hell of an illness, but i'm happy to hear that you have learned to live with it! Yea, you're right, it's just hard to ignore with the visual disturbances, especially the static, photophobia, inability to focus/stare on details and ghosting of certain things. The brainfog/decreased cognition and horrible head pressure also makes me feel like a vegetable, like my brain is "fried". I really don't see how i will be able to adapt with this and live a good life. But thankfully the anxiety has decreased ALOT the last week, it's more gone over to depression and mourning over the person that i used to be prior to this.

I still think it's not wrong to tell this guy he doesn't have hppd. Smoking pot once (maybe, just maybe after years of abuse, even that is a stretch) just isn't going to do that. Believing he has a permenant disorder when he doesn't will cause stress all of its own. Not to mention if whatever he is experiencing is stressing him out enough, a misdiagnosis that it sounds like is a self diagnosis is just going to hinder trying to treat whatever underlying issue he is having.

If I had to diagnose, I'd say he is experiencing ocd and hypochondria mixed with guilt/regret of his one time dipping his toes into the world of drug use. And I think any educated doctor would agree

Christ... I am anything but a "hypochondria". I felt great prior to this, took a couple of hits of CB for the first time in years, went to bed and woke up with all these symptoms except the tinnitus, that came like a week later. And as said, cannabis is an established cause in the litterature and there's several case reports were people have gotten it from it, and 've personally talked to several. It's also established that some people can get it from a single use of a psychedelic, our brains are very different afterall and how people react to certain drugs differ alot, and i think that my life with aura migraines and that i've eaten SSRI for many years greatly increased the chances of this happening. Anyways, i saw a psychiatrist a couple of days ago that gave me the diagnoses, i didn't even mention HPPD to her, i just described how it all started, my symptoms and that the antipsychotic that i was prescribed about a month ago worsened my visuals. So she prescribed me Lamatrogine (lamictal) since some have had some success with that, so i'm on day three with that now and i pray to god that it will decrease my symptoms while my brain hopefully can heal this.

bro it sounds like u might have some schizophrenia or something going on. You should never smoke again and like ya I dunno man 2 hits of weed shouldnt be fucking u up like this. Also yes I have recovered. I OD'd on ritalin and magic mushrooms when I was a teenager and was crucified that night. Most surreal pain I have ever been in to this day.

That really sucks. Have you considered that you could be having migraines, cluster headaches, or some other physical ailment? Two hits of weed shouldn't have that type of effect on anyone, I'm not sure that it's physically possible.

It is said that cannabis can exacerbate or trigger mental illness in some people. That is a possibility. It's also possible that you have anxiety and are having an episode.

I dont know anything about HPPD but I can say I was diagnosed by a psych dr with drug induced bipolar disorder when I was in college and was prescribed lamictal. Firstly, I am pretty certain I did not have any form of bipolar disorder. I definitely didnt have any pronounced manic episodes or mania in any form. More likely just depression that came in waves but I do believe it was drug induced. I started with ectasy and acid for 1.5 years and started to notice it was seriously effecting some of my friends, my one friend could barely even form coherent sentences. Scared the hell out of me so to get off the psychedelics, I foolishly moved on to xanax and pain killers not knowing the physical dependency aspects. Anyhow, lamictal made me feel like a vegetable. I couldn't careless about anything at all, neither negatively or positively. It made me feel like a zombie just going thru the motions of life bc I had to. I wasnt sad anymore but I also couldnt feel any sense of joy or happiness whatsoever. So my point is, the solutions you try might just make you feel worse. From my experience with Lamictal I cant imagine it helping anyone who wasnt experiencing serious mania.

I'm sorry to hear that you also have this hell of an illness, but i'm happy to hear that you have learned to live with it! Yea, you're right, it's just hard to ignore with the visual disturbances, especially the static, photophobia, inability to focus/stare on details and ghosting of certain things. The brainfog/decreased cognition and horrible head pressure also makes me feel like a vegetable, like my brain is "fried". I really don't see how i will be able to adapt with this and live a good life. But thankfully the anxiety has decreased ALOT the last week, it's more gone over to depression and mourning over the person that i used to be prior to this.

Christ... I am anything but a "hypochondria". I felt great prior to this, took a couple of hits of CB for the first time in years, went to bed and woke up with all these symptoms except the tinnitus, that came like a week later. And as said, cannabis is an established cause in the litterature and there's several case reports were people have gotten it from it, and 've personally talked to several. It's also established that some people can get it from a single use of a psychedelic, our brains are very different afterall and how people react to certain drugs differ alot, and i think that my life with aura migraines and that i've eaten SSRI for many years greatly increased the chances of this happening. Anyways, i saw a psychiatrist a couple of days ago that gave me the diagnoses, i didn't even mention HPPD to her, i just described how it all started, my symptoms and that the antipsychotic that i was prescribed about a month ago worsened my visuals. So she prescribed me Lamatrogine (lamictal) since some have had some success with that, so i'm on day three with that now and i pray to god that it will decrease my symptoms while my brain hopefully can heal this.
I think your visual disturbances are more likely from your chronic ssri use, which im sure is a documented side effect

A little off topic, but this is promising, i hope that they find the cause for this.

Hate to inform you, but "2 puffs" of cannabis can not cause HPPD. (if it was laced that is a 100% different story)

What you have is anxiety. I had the same thing. You think since you "felt different" it was caused by cannabis and then started googling your symptoms.

Now with extreme cannabis use (when I say extreme, I mean inhaling / ingesting extremely unhealthy amounts of cannabis) you can temporarily get HPPD Symptoms but not Permanent.

With Anxiety as you think about what you see it gets stronger / worse. The things you are seeing are literally caused by anxiety. link -> https://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/seeing-spots

HPPD is not very well known yes, however what is known about it is that it doesn't come and go. It's either on or off. You would see tracers of individual objects, you would feel in a dream state 24/7 not half of the time.

Everything you are describing is anxiety and anxiety induced visualizations.

IF you had HPPD caffeine would be your worst enemy. Caffeine strengthens the effects of HPPD.

bro it sounds like u might have some schizophrenia or something going on. You should never smoke again and like ya I dunno man 2 hits of weed shouldnt be fucking u up like this. Also yes I have recovered. I OD'd on ritalin and magic mushrooms when I was a teenager and was crucified that night. Most surreal pain I have ever been in to this day.
Damn, you should write a trip report