• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Anyone take methamphetamine long term, to treat a clinical condition?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
There's much condemnation and expression of caution across the site as to low dose meth use (eventually becoming chronic abuse).

But I'm sure some use it at legitimate low dose (5 to 25 mg) to treat an actual condition, ADHD, fatigue, cognitive enhancer?

I ask because, previously I'd been on a combination of mirtazapine and strattera to treat cognitive/functional decline, it brought me to a certain point, and then stopped working.

I'd also been prescribed methylphenidate for the same purpose, which again was okay, but more recently just doesn't work.

I tried amphetamine sulphate but its effects were so short lived and relatively ineffective, plus necessary dose cause obscene peripheral side effects.

And having tried to avoid meth for as long as possible, eventually tried it to a dose of 25 mg, and it's been magic the last few times.

I think 25 mg might actually be excessive, and I could reduce it further.

i.e. if anything, an excessive dose is less desirable, just a functional dose.

In light of all the potential pitfalls and condemnation, is there anyone who actually uses this remarkable drug for functional purposes?

PS - I'm pretty sure I'm responding best to this as, it seems to target dopamine far better than either ritalin, amphetamine or the mirtzapine/atomoxetine combo, that latter focusing far more on noradrenaline.

This is also an informative thread I'm working my way through.

There's much condemnation and expression of caution across the site as to low dose meth use (eventually becoming chronic abuse).

But I'm sure some use it at legitimate low dose (5 to 25 mg) to treat an actual condition, ADHD, fatigue, cognitive enhancer?

I ask because, previously I'd been on a combination of mirtazapine and strattera to treat cognitive/functional decline, it brought me to a certain point, and then stopped working.

I'd also been prescribed methylphenidate for the same purpose, which again was okay, but more recently just doesn't work.

I tried amphetamine sulphate but its effects were so short lived and relatively ineffective, plus necessary dose cause obscene peripheral side effects.

And having tried to avoid meth for as long as possible, eventually tried it to a dose of 25 mg, and it's been magic the last few times.

I think 25 mg might actually be excessive, and I could reduce it further.

i.e. if anything, an excessive dose is less desirable, just a functional dose.

In light of all the potential pitfalls and condemnation, is there anyone who actually uses this remarkable drug for functional purposes?

PS - I'm pretty sure I'm responding best to this as, it seems to target dopamine far better than either ritalin, amphetamine or the mirtzapine/atomoxetine combo, that latter focusing far more on noradrenaline.
Wait... are you saying you actually found a doctor willing to prescribe desoxyn?

I think it's possible but variable depending on the person.

I've certainly "low dosed" meth when my stash began to run out. Usually only for a few weeks tho, never months or years at a time.

And I find that daily low doses (like match-head sized bumps) were really effective at helping me be more motivated & more confident.
But I also still dealt with a lot of side effects, like profuse sweating, a little anxiety here or there (mostly because you feel like you're doing something highly amoral & wrong by taking the shit) and of course a bit of a crash at during the mid day and evening when it wears off (provided you don't do more).

I think with strict & rigid protocols it can be done. But I would think a person should just try normal amphetamine first before moving onto something much more potent, but in your case since you've already tried that, it might work for you.

Street meth can vary in quality though. And of course there's always that temptation to take more to get high.