• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anyone relate to having poor blood tests and getting better?

Might want to stop uselessly taking b vitamins tho I think the toxicity is low for ODs

Might want to stop uselessly taking b vitamins tho I think the toxicity is low for ODs
They said their doctor gave them a vit b12 shot though, so it's obviously for a reason. Also, vit b1 is commonly given to alcoholics to help prevent alcoholic dementia and Wernicke-Korsakoff's syndrome.
xxsicknessxx has your doctor specifically prescribed these vitamins to you?

You can't really have "too much" of the B vitamins, they are all water soluble and easily excreted in urine.

B12 especially, and I can vouch for the safety. The recommended daily intake is like 5 micrograms. When my suite burnt up and I was treated for smoke inhalation, I was given Cyanokit for suspected cyanide exposure. It turns out that Cyanokit is 5 grams of hydroxycobalamin (given IV) - which is a form of vitamin B12 (it binds with free cyanide to form cyanocobalamin, which holds the cyanide tightly and is then easily excreted by the kidneys). So I got 1 million times the RDA of B12 injected directly to my blood. The only side effects? My left hand turned red and my urine looked like cranberry cocktail for a month or two, because B12 is a bright orange-red.

Having "too much" B1 or B12 is just fine.

My white blood counts so low it says aleart next to the result. But my doctor has yet to explain why. Or why my bs were high when I quit taking my vitamins two days before my blood test. I just want all good results and I know my doctor wants my tests all to be good however I don't feel like I have a understanding of what's going on or how to fix it. I talk to my doctor like once every two weeks Sometimes every week or two days a week and I think it's so often she rushes me through everything. Plus my coppers normal and my ceroplasim is still low but why don't I feel any better. My feet are still numb I'm like sensitive to everything. It's hard to lay in bed. I just want a doctor to tell me what's up so I understand abs don't forget later. I just wonder if my tests are high can I drop taking daily supplements. That's all. I'm scared to take too much. I've used Google to search everything wrong with me and it's my hope that some of the miserable I feel every single day is caused by these low test results. That's not crazy right? Really. I don't know is it foolish to think maybe if Google told me copper being low can cause nerve damage. Explain my half numb feet. It's out possible Google is right? Can I trust it. I feel kinda crazy typing this... I bit still I want to know. Should I doctor my self with Google just because I didn't make my doctor explain stuff I forget to ask. I tried to type my thoughts out but even that's hard recently. I wish I could take A month off in the hospital. However they sent me home with all these low results and didn't even tell me. Just a year ago I spent like a month in the hospital. They gave me massive blood and I know they checked everything
But then again memory loss is one of the things in dealing with so maybe they did and I forgot.

Clean room clean mind. Well, my rooms cleaner then when I used but I seem to always wake up to a smelly room. My problem is it just doesn't make sense how my room gets smelly and kinda stuffy. I use a fan, air filter and leave the window open a little. My questions does anyone have a better answer to the smell beside buying a square window fan and blowing air for like twenty min in the morning when I wake up. I am just worried about how strong of fans I need for this. I was just going to spend 100$ and do my best but I thought maybe I should ask on hate because maybe there's a way using math to figure out the correct size of fans also is it possible my gas is just to powerful to be moved
This would be a joke but I had gastric bypass so I don't absorb fats. As of 14 years later I never found anything that helps. I'm keen to just filter my room like I used to filter my hydro grow rooms when I grew. Thing is back then the fans weren't to expensive maybe 150$bucks and nothing smelled in the grow rooms. Seems like it would work right. Just means sealing the room and controlling the air pressure so. Seems easy. Right? It's more for my family I want to do this but it can be frustrating like this morning where I can't even tell if it smells in here. No one will come to check either. Pussys won't come in like it'll kill them. Thanks h for any advise.

I feel for ya pal. I just can't come up with anything other than lots of fresh air, Febreeze and maybe some Gas-X.

Calling people in to see if your room smells like flatulence ain't gonna cut it. Human Behavior shows that people will not go out of their way to do this.

keep your room well ventilated and invest in some air freshener.

As of a month ago my blood tests were poor. Low white blood count, low iron, low calcium, high pth, low copper...
So on, so on.
Im just wondering because I feel really bad, my hands have arthritis and I'm 37 and my feet hurt a lot and I'm like super sensitive to everything. I can't remember the last time I felt good. My best memories are from a couple years ago whether my heart failed and I got lots of drugs in the hospital. I'm sober now it's been a year and a half in just asking has anyone here had low blood tests that really hurt them then they got better? I need more hope. They're doesn't seem to be anything else I can do to help myself I don't think. In a drug addict but what I crave every single day is more pain meds. But I'm in pain. Who wouldn't want more pain killers if they hurt? Right? Anyways I can't work out yet so I'm jobs waiting to feel better to work out... I don't think I'll get better. It's been so long...

Any advise or anyone who can tell me things get better would really help right now. I'm having a hard time.... Thank you.

The breathing tool they give you in a hospital. I remember I could only blow the thing like half strength. If I use the machine now will I build back my lung capacity. This is all stuff the hospital should of told me. Point is I just remembered the nurses stupid tell me to use once I left. I forgot. Should I start doing it now? I need to work out too but maybe it's my lung capacity that's the problem and I can fix that. It would explain why I can't take big hits from my vape pen.

Swimming is really good for increasing your lung capacity. Any type of cardiovascular exercise will increase your lung capacity over time :)
A spirometer is used for measuring lung capacity, not so much for exercising it. Although yeah you could use it to increase your lung capacity too. But working out and fitness is a far better way of increasing your lung capacity.

Sounds like your blood isn't really TOO bad. You can control the iron, calcium and copper. Your Dr. should be able to get your blood in order with some vitamin injections and supplements. As far as craving more pain meds , if you are under medicated, just let him/her know. If you are on the max dosage ask if they can suggest other avenues to explore.

Once you get your blood, and pain, under control you will start to get better. Good luck.

hey @xxsicknessxx i was thinking you might get a better response if you had one thread where people can get the whole story, as you seem to have posted quite a few separate threads that to my mind seem highly interrelated. so, with that in mind i am going to merge a couple of your threads and when you have any updates or new questions it would be better to post them in there rather than make a separate thread. this will make it easier for readers to understand the context, which i think gets missed when you post in a separate thread each time.

i hope this makes sense and you are happy with me doing this. the aim is to try and get you better responses and support. it quite often looks like you are asking a specific medical question, which obviously no one but a doctor familiar with all the complexities of your case can answer, but what we can offer is support for the emotional side of this and insight based on our own experience.

i assume you were prescribed supplements to address the low iron/calcium etc and are taking them?

the only people i've known with low white blood cell counts were severe alcoholics- i'm guessing this isn't the case for you?

i have been in absolutely atrocious health multiple times in my life- worst being when doctors couldn't explain why i wasn't in a coma cos my blood pressure was so low. that was when i was anorexic and i'm not gonna lie it took years to feel significantly better. but i got there. one day i was walking to uni and realised i didn't feel like my legs were gonna give out under me any minute. improved from there.

then when i got to rehab i was not in good health. i bounced back much quicker that time but was basically having a good lfestyle forced on me. lifestyle is very important.