Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Anyone planning to watch The Witcher?

how many ⭐️s?

• ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Total voters
Yeah, been waiting the series for a good while. Played witcher 3 back in the day and interested in where they go with the story. Also nuditity :love:

Probably not. It looks like another show that's trying to be Game of Thrones.
It was a game?
Oh, nudity, eh? Maybes I spoke too soon ;)
The games were actually based on series of novels by the author Andrzej Sapkowski. I have not read the novels, but played through witcher 1-3 which I can truly recommend. I want to read the novels at some point, but not so sure about this show. If they can capture the same kind of dark&gritty feeling from the games, then maybe. I will probably watch episode or two and then decide if I want to continue.

The games were actually based on series of novels by the author Andrzej Sapkowski. I have not read the novels, but played through witcher 1-3 which I can truly recommend. I want to read the novels at some point, but not so sure about this show. If they can capture the same kind of dark&gritty feeling from the games, then maybe. I will probably watch episode or two and then decide if I want to continue.
Keep us posted about the novels. Anyone else read them?

Just at a glance, the show differs from GoT in that it embraces fantasy elements. Apparently a lot of fantasy elements were removed from GoT to appeal to a broader audience.

The witcher novels are some of the greatest books to ever be written. The third game is also the greatest game to ever be made. Im very hyped for this show and hope it gets a few seasons done to do it justice.

If you like your fantasy you'll love it. The acting is good,some characters better than others.

It's pretty action packed,some parts drag on a bit and lost my attention. I'm not sure if the show has legs. I think it needs to be short and sweet,maybe two seasons,anymore than that and I think it will lose its appeal.

If you try and compare it to GOT you'll be disappointed. Witcher is its own thing,if you accept it as that you'll enjoy it.

Ive only watched 1 ep and it doesnt seem like GOT rip off at all, at least yet.

I like it.

Good to know! Problem is I am SWAMPED with shows I'm watching right now. Plus there's always so much xmas TV on.
On top of that I've been binge watching RPDR so hard lol.

You could propably binge this series in a day. Youll find time later.

Probably in January I will.
In general I'm so far behind I haven't even seen the final season of Game of Thrones. TBF once they storyline for the books and the show forked off into two separate paths I wanted to finish all the books first so I didn't get confused, but the author is taking the piss after like a decade-long wait since the last book so I'm back to watching the show now.

If you haven't read the books or played the games you will have zero idea what is the importance of everything. The witcher is starting at the blood of elves i believe. It needs many seasons to grow the characters and get to the amazing parts in books.

First couple episodes are boring. Hope it gets better after all the hype

Seen 4 episodes, and while it was semi fun, I'm quitting.

I can appreciate the many different timelines, but it doesn't add anything imo. Lots of corny moments and quite ridiculous plots at times, which makes it boring to watch for me. The non connected side quests feel pointless and too random, this was never the case with the first seasons of GoT. Anyway, I hope people enjoy it at least but there's no comparison to Game of Thrones.

For those who watched it, would you recommend playing the original game first? Or its fine and everything makes sense regardless?

Read the books.

Both the games and the program were based on them.