• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone on Phenothiazines (typical antipsychotics) Suffered a Parasitic Infection While on them??

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I haven't, even once when everyone I was living with did (the butt-worms* lol, I don't remember their name) and I just remembered something I read once about Phenothiazines being chemically related to Phenothiazine, which is actually a parasiticide. Makes me wonder if they also act as a preventative for parasitic infections?

*the parasites, not my family.

I haven't, even once when everyone I was living with did (the butt-worms* lol, I don't remember their name) and I just remembered something I read once about Phenothiazines being chemically related to Phenothiazine, which is actually a parasiticide. Makes me wonder if they also act as a preventative for parasitic infections?

*the parasites, not my family.

There are a number of random psychiatric drugs (for example sertraline) that have supposed antihelminthic properties. But I'm guessing the concentrations involved in these experiments were alot higher than what one would experience in the normal course of treatment. So I wouldn't load up on phenothiazines antipsychotics and sertraline and go try to eat some street food in the slums of Bangladesh 😂. I wouldn't count on it offering you protection 🪱🪱🤢

What phenothiazine antipsychotics will more reliably reduce is the perception that one is infested with imaginary parasites during a case of psychotic delusional parasitosis.

There are a number of random psychiatric drugs (for example sertraline) that have supposed antihelminthic properties. But I'm guessing the concentrations involved in these experiments were alot higher than what one would experience in the normal course of treatment. So I wouldn't load up on phenothiazines antipsychotics and sertraline and go try to eat some street food in the slums of Bangladesh 😂. I wouldn't count on it offering you protection 🪱🪱🤢

What phenothiazine antipsychotics will more reliably reduce is the perception that one is infested with imaginary parasites during a case of psychotic delusional parasitosis.

Eww, yes. I'm on Thorazine and once (before I was on it, actually) I had a brief, transient episode of Delusional Parasitosis. I generally get paresthesia very often from a combination of liver issues and allergies and during that time, I could thought it was caused by tiny bugs in my skin, so while scratching incessantly, creating scabs and sores, I would then SEE little black specks I thought were some kinda parasitey mite that was "eating" at my skin and causing said wounds. Scary stuff.
I AM on Sertraline, too lol.
Still wouldn't risk it lol. Even if I was on full-on parasiticides, I wouldn't risk ending up spending 4 days sitting on the toilet crying.