• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anyone on here ever roll at a pop punk, punk rock or a post hardcore show?

CuriousRoller

Greenlighter
Seeing one of my favorite pop punk bands tomorrow and thinking about rolling. Haven't been able to find anything anywhere. Wanted some feedback from someone's experience. Thanks!

I rolled at a metal festival the past summer just to try if it would work together with MDMA. It didn't. And it's only for a small part because of the music (music appreciation goes up with MDMA, and that goes for rock/metal/punk too), the main reason is that drugs are much less accepted in those subcultures than they are in the electronic music subculture. There's a lot of alcohol and weed so a lot of very messy people, but almost no harddrugs except the occasional coke user but even they are very few there. I ended up going to the camping grounds with some mates and continued our roll there. It really didn't feel right. Not that anyone gave me funny looks but it isn't really an atmosphere or environment to roll in... Your question is about pop punk, punk rock or post hardcore but I think the same applies there. It's just what I (and other people that tried it on seperate occasions) have experienced so keep in mind YMMV.

If you aren't scared to get some funny looks, don't care about them or if it is an event where drugs are more accepted (don't know if that's the case with punk, it isn't really my kind of music but I doubt it) I'd say try it out yourself. If this is an important event for you and you don't want to risk the MDMA killing your night a bit I'd say don't try it and leave it for some other event in the same genre to try it out...

Last edited:
MDMA is all about smiles, good vibes and sharing mutual moments. I just don't see that happening at a metal gig with nobody else on it with you.

And even with a group that's rolling it really wasn't all that fun. It just isn't the right kind of atmosphere for it. Don't get me wrong I LOVE rock and metal, had some of my most memorable moments on that same metal festival, but not on MDMA, I stick to alcohol and weed there (and sometimes an acid trip on the camping grounds).

One remark though, there's just as much smiles, good vibes and beautiful moments at a metal fest than there are at an electronic music fest. It's just a different atmosphere with much less acceptance for harddrugs (besides alcohol) and so you will probably feel uncomfortable because you will be just about the only one rolling and even if you roll with a group you will still feel this...

Ive done this at warped tour. Honestly was having the time of my life till I got elbow smashed in the face. Honestly I wouldnt care if I was drunk or stoned which I usually am at this type of shows. From expierence I would actually discourage using mdma at "punk" type shows, but then that just me. As I have seen people rolling at shows and enjoying themselves but I dont see them very often.