• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Anyone knowledgeable with serotonin receptors??

blaine0136

Bluelighter
i have an issue, i took zoloft for 7 months. i havent taken any zoloft for 2 years

but during my time on this medication i noticed alcohol euphoria had stopped. so when i stopped the zoloft i thought this issue would resolve

unfortunately alcohol still gives me no buzz/euphoria. does anyone know whats happened? desensitisation of receptors? looks like im damaged for life :(

thank you for any help

i'm not an expert but i think that maybe this could be related to your mood rather than the zoloft? how much did you drink and what effect do you have? alcohol doesn't always give euphoria but can simply sedate or even make you feeling more depressed

i personally like to drink for the anxyolitic effect which is not properly the same as euphoria

i'm not an expert but i think that maybe this could be related to your mood rather than the zoloft? how much did you drink and what effect do you have? alcohol doesn't always give euphoria but can simply sedate or even make you feeling more depressed

thanks, seriously, ive drank when happy, sad etc, different places, different social situations - alone or with good company. the only effects it gives me are physical effects - slower reactions, slurred speech, some stumbling then obv vomitting in large dosages

its definitely something to do with serotonin receptors/system