• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Anyone Know if You can Still Get Thalidomide Prescribed as a Sedative in the UK??

@ChemicallyEnhanced I too was young once! Thought my friends who actually looked after themselves a bit (y'know, actual effort re excercise / yoga / nutrition whatever, as opposed to just taking the occasional multivit) were dull, pissing in the wind and wasting their time

Turns out they had the right idea. Ouch.

No stress or lecture - just a quick reminder that other shit can be masively helpful to us other than drugs (which are, as we know, in truth rarely helpful).

Oh, I don't think any of that at all. Especially nutrition since I'm a type 1 diabetic.

I haven't owned a TV for decades. A friend watched it and said it was very poor. As if someone who REALLY was a chemist and who chose to make drugs would pick methamphetamine.

In real life 'cooks' make methamphetamine to use and for an income.

A chemist would make carfentanil if they wanted money fast.

Medicinal chemists simply find an opioid more potent than carfentanil that's LEGAL so they don't break the law AND to make the most money.
Your friend is in the minority then. I think that's literally the only person who I've heard of who watched it and didn't like it.
And he started cooking meth cos he saw one of his old students cooked it, poorly, and wanted to team up. It's a fucking great show man, you should try it before you knock it!

Fuckin hell battler, I've just choked on my vodka.

Ya cunt...

Getting that Friday feeling already mate? Not that you need an excuse 😘
I'm finished work an all, think I'll start on the beer soon. Got some benzos coming hopefully tomorrow w00t watch out UK, battlaz gannin on a fuckin SPREE!

Getting that Friday feeling already mate? Not that you need an excuse 😘
I'm finished work an all, think I'll start on the beer soon. Got some benzos coming hopefully tomorrow w00t watch out UK, battlaz gannin on a fuckin SPREE!

Been on the lash for fuckin years pal 😀

Careful with them benzos though mate, they're the only class of drugs that have fucked me up big style...

Your friend is in the minority then. I think that's literally the only person who I've heard of who watched it and didn't like it.
And he started cooking meth cos he saw one of his old students cooked it, poorly, and wanted to team up. It's a fucking great show man, you should try it before you knock it!

They are indeed -they hold a pHd in medicinal chemistry, so they found the scenes involving methamphetamine synthesis painful to watch. That's what really spoilt it for them. However well acted, however well the story arc was constructed, the truth is that at the scales involved their is only 1 route that just 2 people could possibly have adopted to reach the scales involved. Catalytic hydrogenation.

The PROBLEM with catalytic hydrogenation is that it doesn't make good TV. You simply place the precursors into a very large Parr hydrogenation unit (or indeed multiple hydrogenation units), pressurize with hydrogen and watch the pressure slowly drop until calculation show that the reaction is complete. It will work equally well if one uses pseudoephedrine or PMK as the main precursor.

No explosion hazards, no 'exciting' chemicals, noxious gasses or indeed anything 'visual'. Very dull to watch,

BUT it's not a route any TV series could possibly disclose because it's carefully not mentioned by the DEA. And before you ask, we both knew of a very large meth lab in the US that was using catalytic hydrogenation to produce both meth and MDMA. The DEA did eventually find it, arrest the guy who was running it (spitball from The Hive) and AFAIK he's still in prison.

I do realize that it's a very nerdy reason but when you actually know how it's actually done when minimizing the number of workers is a key driver, it kind of spoils it. While I accept that the vast majority of meth labs don't use catalytic hydrogenation, they are either rather small scale or they require dozens of workers.

The ECMDDA has some nice images of large-scale European amphetamine labs and they would need about 8 people per shift (you run those things 24 hours a day) and likewise the DEA has some images of the Mexican 'super-labs which would need dozens of people per shift. In both cases, I'm 100% certain that the REAL chemist wouldn't go within a mile of those labs.

But just 2 people? No.