• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anyone here tried Absinthe?

I was going to post excerpts from this page, but it wouldn't do it any justice as it's nicely constructed. If Absinthe is your thing it should be very interesting reading. There's a few surprises regarding the original strength of absinthe preparations and equally sobering (pardon the pun) comments about the psychotropic properties of thujone.......

Separating Myth from Reality by Ian Hutton la fee Verte where you can also find forums on Absinthe discussions

also the proper way of drinking absinthe is to place a sugar cube on a spoon over the shot glass, then pour the absinthe on top.
when the sugar has disolved, spark it up and slam it down fast...

if chartreuse burnt my fingers i dont wanna know what that thing can do.

I tried Absinthe` lastnight for the first time. I'm shocked at how all of a sudden this concoction of wormwood and alcohol has just outta' the blue like this, been starting to get acknowledgement, from even Western Mainstream crowds.

The Absinthe` I tried, wasn't too bad. It looks a dead ringer for Midori and if you're looking at a quick "fuck-to-the-brain", this is the direction to go. It's a relatively pure Alcoholic drink as well, with lastnights bottle(commercial, bought from "Duty-Free") labelled as 70% Alcohol.

Something deep down inside tells me that this is not the genuine Absinthe` that was "sipped" amongst the Bohemiaths back in the "day", even though the Wormwood as been dissolved into the Alcohol.

I don't even think the wormwood is the psychoactive that's taking effect when your fucked from this stuff, I think it's more-so merely the stuff is so damned strong... it takes people by suprise and they go, "yep, it's the Wormwood".

I didn't try it the traditional way :( , with the sugar cube and the ladle with holes, with pouring hot water over it to give it that Opaque-look. But, I'm damn keen to try it this way, as the ritual of just preparing it (properly) looks very satisfying to say the least.

I'm also thinking(?)... was that Laudanum Johnny Depp was using in "From-Hell", as an additive to the Absinthe`?
Lucky bastard.

I'm a great fan of the cousin of Absinthe - Mugwort and have raved many times of it's powers . This herb is so powerful, it works without ingesting it????

Many if not all of the unique ingredients in Absinthe are also in Mugwort. Although mugwort reportedly contains less alpha-thujone than absinthe, a renown hortaculturalist from this area claims some local varieties of mugwort have very high levels of thujone. One wild wormwood - artemisia salsoloides reportedly contains ~ 10 times the amount, and sage (salvia officalis) can also contain this amount and higher (200-10,000 ppm)

I suggest trying mugwort - BUT NOT INTERNALLY- if you're after the effects from a small amount of thujone. By placing fresh mugwort in you pillow before bed, you'll be swept away in dreamland to high adventure and fun. Not only that but you'll wake refreshed and usually fully remember your dreams. And there's no alcohol to get in the way.

If you try this, please don't be tempted to take mugwort internally unless at the very least you have someone experienced WITH THAT PARTICULAR VARIETY. There are quite a few old herbal recipes calling for mugwort, but there's also many accounts in the old literature of seizure like responses and death.

Mugwort has a very high potential for seizure if you get the dose wrong. But it won't worry your pillow a bit ;)

Cheers for clearing that up for me waspman, although it was a long time ago I posted that ;)

The absinthe is long since gone and I've come to the conclusion we didn't have the real deal and/or we wasted the lot by not using the right method to drink it. As biscuit says if you don't evaporate the alcohol and go through the sugar and fire routine you get way to drunk to quick to notice the effects of the thujon.

mugwort !?

p_d: when you say 'internally' do you mean ingesting and/or smoking ? ive used mugwort to spin weed with. foul tasting and made the chop 'fluffy'. went back to baccy real quick.

Yep, mugwort. You'l need to get used to the smell of freshly picked mugwort. Just 1/2 a handful of leaves in the bottom of your pillow case does the trick.