• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

anyone here stopped drinking?

You're doing the right thing. Citalopram n alcohol do not mix.

I know that we're all different n stuff but it's made me suicidal a few times. I suppose alcohol n any form of antidepressant would have negative affects because, of course, alcohol is a depressant.

I really admire you, Chatty, how you've stuck to no alcohol since you got on cit.
i personally wouldn't recommend taking alcohol with antidepressants unless, as you say, the odd drink Christmas etc.

Evey

I've just recently got into drinking Bavaria non-alcoholic beer & it's a great alternative. I still feel like I am able to enjoy a drink yet at the same time there is next to no alcohol in them. If anyone is considering going abstinent, I'd highly recommend finding a non-alcoholic beer or similar that you like to help tide you over. God knows I wouldn't be managing so easily without them.

I got on the Bavaria shandy last time I was abstinent for a while. It's a little cheekier (0.9% abv), but it's gorgeous.

I find Paulaner do a nice non-alcoholic weissbier, but any more than a couple and it just tastes like toasted cereals.

I find that most non alcoholic beers taste like sweat that's been wrung out of sweaty socks. It's no substitute imo, it's easier to just avoid it altogether.

What I do find offensive though is a pint of Pepsi is more expensive than a pint of beer in most pubs. (around my way anyhow)

I only drink enough so nobody can accuse me of not drinking. Last time was a couple of pints of Timothy Taylor's Landlord at a co-worker's leaving party. And I said something a bit indiscreet, but fortunately the person I said it to kept it to themself.
NSFW:
- I wish _____ was here. I could stand between her and _____ and I'd look less like a t****y!

^ I lolled.

The downside of stopping drinking is that alcohol is central so much social interaction in the uk, but when you are sober hanging out with drunk people does become less and less appealing.

I can't fucking stand it either.

Watching people get sloppier and sloppier, pairing off and slobbering over each other - it's just horrible.

In fact, I generally dislike being around a lot of drunken people when I'm drunk myself.

I owned a bar for four years, just sold it last may. Man, was I sick of drunk cunts by the end of it:D

However, I did reach the level of Master Drinker during that time, after about fifteen years of practice, but nowadays have just two or three 330ml beers of an evening. On the rare occasions when I do break out it takes days to recover, so I avoid getting that trashed except for once every three months or so.

Totally agree with that Ceres and some people almost get pissed off when you say you're off the drink- must be some sort of insecurity thing on their part.

hahahahaha oh I agree. I really don't understand it. Christmas time seems to be the worst for that type of social attitude :)

Evey

Yeah I've pretty much given up drinking. I'm not tee-total but I can count the days I've had an alcoholic drink this year on one hand.

^ I lolled.

The downside of stopping drinking is that alcohol is central so much social interaction in the uk, but when you are sober hanging out with drunk people does become less and less appealing.

totally man, my entire family/friends/town is centered around one pub dead in the middle. its been tough going there and not drinking, but i wouldn't say i was sober either ;)

I only drink enough so nobody can accuse me of not drinking. Last time was a couple of pints of Timothy Taylor's Landlord at a co-worker's leaving party. And I said something a bit indiscreet, but fortunately the person I said it to kept it to themself. - I wish Sammy G was here. I could stand between her and his micropenis and I'd look less like a trannyy!

Is that a real ale?

Hey Millhouse! Funny guy! Kind of fucks up the joke though... ;)

Have I upset you terribly? :(

@cat: That is still bloody good mate - wish I could say that.

Thankyou! I was t-total for seven months in the past, that's not really the paradigm this time though. I've barely drunk in six months but I think I've consumed alcohol on maybe two or three occasions this year (and didn't enjoy it).