• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone here really into flow arts and/or dance?

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
So as the title states just curious if anyone else here uses drugs for enhancing dance and flow states of mind? Like not just going to a club and getting fucked but actually taking it seriously with practice and honing of ones skills.

I remember first getting into rave scene years back and what got me was the freedom of those who could dance like they didn’t give a shit what anyone thought. That unrestrained expression via movement was awe inspiring. I wasn’t the best dancer myself but watching others allowed me to loosen up and be free myself. I realized that the participants in the crowd had a lot of power over the vibes and it only took a few free souls to bring the walls down for everyone else.

Over the years I went to raves, shows, festivals, and lived the life. And the dance became more and more important, to me it’s a moment to lose ones self in a meditative trance. Unlike meditation I am able to keep this state for hours on end, sometimes (with drugs) I’ve been able to keep this state with intermittent resting for 12+ hours.

The release I feel afterwards and the afterglow of such a session is like a drug itself. It satisfies a part of me that can’t be satisfied any other way.

In my area that I’m from I feel the dance and flow arts community is larger than other areas so I’m curious to hear from others. We have festivals that are dedicated solely to flow arts and dance, and many festivals around here seem to budget out more for flow artists than other areas I’ve been.

At the moment I practice almost solely dancing, of which I can’t even really describe my form because it’s such an amalgam of different styles. I also ain’t bad at hooping for a dude, and can at least poi and glove beyond beginner level lol. Compared to my friends though I’m garbage, got some close people who can spin fire pretty damn well.

So for those that are into this, what flow/dance art do you enjoy and/or perform? What music do you get down to? What drugs do you find most conducive for flow states? I’ll add more later on what drugs I’ve found best and surprisingly MDMA aint even close to the top of the list (although far from the bottom lol.)

Today I’ll probably eat a half dose of paper and spend some hours getting down to some beats in my back room, however much my current body allows (cancers a bitch lol) am I alone?

-GC

MDMA and meth make me dance on the inside. I don’t move much on the outside but really get the groove on in my head.

Im a professional dancer. I have seen a vid of me on Ket and X. I certainly was faster and made fewer mistakes. (I don't do this in comps lol) But yes huge enhancement especially for breaking. I loose my fear of flips and headspin jumps.

Oh as for music. I can rock fl studio for 8 hours and come out with an ok song. I think x is good for that. or blotters.

I spin poi, contact staff and double staff as well as fire eat and breathe.
Ienjoy spinning to a variety of music but mostly psychedelic types like Shpongle or psytrance.

Oh and acid and just a bit of key is great to spin with. MD and meth is also fun. Alcohol sucks!