• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Anyone here play a musical instrument/drums?

Do drums not count as a musical instrument? I play electric guitar but I've not done any videos recently. You lot wouldn't recognise any of the stuff I play either so no point really ;)

More for sampling/cutting up stuff fills and hats are really hard to program! Anything you could send me?

Have a look online for sample packs. Ideally get a copy of Reason and some decent refills. Great jungle warfare packs EZ-Rollers packs and even dare I mention it Pendulum kits, fills, loops and one shots.

But if you want wavs of loops I would recommend 'Brian Daly', 'Dave Abbruzzese', 'Siggi Baldersson' etc.

Or search for 'hits' or 'one shots' if you want the elements to construct your own beats.

yeah but I was looking for something to go over my own beats the personal touch lol cheers anyway though! <3

No worries. My Brother plays drums but it's unreasonable and too difficult to set up to expect him to do that really. Unless big $$$ is involved. Then he may.

Nah i don't have a phone. Or a guitar. And my fingers are all swollen... Any ideas now smartarse? ;)<3

Doing a recording of a band next week in the studio, drop me a PM on friday n I'll send ya all the drum stems, gonna be a couple grands worth of mic's pointed at a very nice kit. :)

Doing a recording of a band next week in the studio, drop me a PM on friday n I'll send ya all the drum stems, gonna be a couple grands worth of mic's pointed at a very nice kit. :)

I was in a band. Fucking hated the first half day of recording which was used up solely by the producer and the drummer going "now tap the high hat" "ok, now tap the high hat"

Why does it take 4 hours to set the drums up while the rest of us get 15 seconds?

Cause the drum kit has loads of microphones and has a tendency to have a ridiculous dynamic range (don't wanna be hitting the red now do we). Also drums are normally recorded in stereo so you've gotta get both sides perfectly balanced if you wanna avoid level/cancelation headaches when mixing down. Not to mention the actual kit itself being a complicated pain to set up and awkward to surround with mic's, and god forbid the drummer wants to tune each fucking drumhead.

4 hours is a bit much tho :p

For everyone else we can just say "play your loudest bit" and if it ain't clipping then generally it's good to go!