• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone heard of Clozapine?

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
My Dr said that if the Pregabalin does not work for my anxiety then he may think of a drug called Clozapine. I have never even heard of this drug, is it any good for anxiety?

My Dr said that if the Pregabalin does not work for my anxiety then he may think of a drug called Clozapine. I have never even heard of this drug, is it any good for anxiety?

Clozapine was pretty much the original "atypical" antipsychotic... "atypical" in the sense that it is far less likely to induce movement disorders than older antipsychotics like Thorazine or Haloperidol, but still far from side-effect-free, just like other atypical antipsychotics like Seroquel, Risperdal or Zyprexa.

Still, atypical antipsychotics can be a valuable part of an anti-anxiety drug regimen even in non-psychotic people, and when carefully dosed your main side-effects are "only" going to be weight gain and minor fatigue.

Yes its an antipsychotic.. Idk if you take other drugs, but it has a lot of adverse reactions with other drugs, especially opiates, this is because one of its side effects is a slow heartbeat, so its dangerous in combination with CNS depressants.

- SS373dOH Soul

You'd be better off with seroquel or Risperidone, clozapine for anxiety is like using a rocket launcher to kill a bird

Seroquel and the like always made me feel so fucking strange... I'd never take that shit again. I find anti-psychotics are a messy thing for anxiety... hit or miss really. I'd try an SSRI or something before that (and I dislike SSRIs with a passion). Your doctor is probably worried you'd abuse a benzo script, but it's the only thing that really works for me. If you don't have that desire to get fucked up on benzos i'd try a low dose of that, but I've seen how bad it can get when people abuse that (to me that just makes no sense).