• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone have nose damage due to sniffing drugs?

Courtney1

Greenlighter
About September 2015 I began sniffing coke as a stimulant while coming off suboxone (which I used to come off percocets) to keep me awake. Also used kratom. During this time I had no suboxone withdrawals due to the combo and felt great. Unfortunately, it quickly developed into a full blown coke addiction,. An 8 ball would last about 3 days at the beginning and currently only lasts 1 day, if that (probably cause I am not working right now so I have all this free time).

Within a couple of months of doing very strong pure as possible coke pieces of cartilage started to come out of my nose in all shapes and sizes. I couldnt see the damage with a flashlight so I assumed it was coming from way back there. Tons came out and I took many pictures for my ENT Dr to see. I had a cat scan done but never went back to Dr for results yet. I went to rehab for 50 days but soon after relapsed and caused alot of damage since then so I will be needing another cat scan which can show any holes in my septum I may have along with the hole in my nasal sidewall leading into my sinuses.

I do well for a few days without it, although very very sleepy and depressed so I spend alot of time in bed then temptation wins and I get more. Ive known people who did it for 15 years chronically and never had this type of damage...mine is so strong it just ate right thru and tons of cartilage comes out.

Please no judgement or any negative comments, already know to stay away from it and go back to Dr....I need support right now in a safe place like here.

My MAIN QUESTION for you all is.....has anyone here experienced nose damage, hole in septum, cartilage coming out,collapsed nose, etc due to your drug of choice? I need to know I am not alone! Thank you so much for any feedback you may have for me.

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. Unfortunately my septum has corroded slightly due to the same thing.

You're not alone, you'll be ok. But if you're trying to cut down, would you maybe gum it instead?

Xx

Yeah coke seems to be the main reason for deviated septums, or holes in your nose. I don't have it too bad but I do know a friend who basically has no skin in between his nostrils, It is unfortunate but you are definitely not alone

There will be some nose damage eventually. Not only the septum and the holes inside but also (with time) your nose could lose its original format. The borders can be damaged too. I noticed some people mentioned gum use instead but that can also cause dental problems and gum retraction. These things do not happen that quickly reason for which you may not notice on you day to day routine.
Take care!