• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Anyone have less euphoria when hungover?

UAV

Bluelighter
Bit of a weird one but every time I dose oxy the day after drinking/doing Valium and being hungover I seem to get way less euphoria than if I haven’t drunk the day before. (I never dose whilst drinking or doing other drugs).

Is there some scientific reason for this and is it normal or am I just weird?

Probably because when we are hungover we feel like dog shit. So the oxy makes us feel a bit better but not much. When we are straight and sober it feels better for sure.

So no...you aren't weird. Anything we take when hungover helps a little bit but only time can take away that horrible feeling of too much alcohol the night before.

Yea, I'd say that this is pretty much to be expected. Getting high is going to make someone feel better, but it's still a very relative thing. I would much rather get high, listen to music and hop on Bluelight than to go to work or babysit. You don't feel good, so that's going to impact this.

Interesting, I guess it makes sense. Kinda feel like I've wasted a dose now :rolleyes: You live and you learn, thanks guys.

One more thing! Does it appear that there is a correlation between dose and sedative effects vs euphoric effects? I use 80's and split them up so my dose is never 100% consistent but sometimes I will feel euphoric and stimulated and others I will be nodding too hard to even watch tv. Do higher doses tend to produce more sedative effects and less euphoria or does it not work that way?

Yeah absolutely. I get much less euphoria from opioids when I'm hung over from alcohol, and in fact it feels like the opiates are less strong overall (though that may simply be because euphoria is the main effect I expect from them).

Yeah that makes sense. Oxy can help mask a hangover but its not going eliminate it completely.