• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anyone had music playing in their head from MD?

nooodle

Bluelighter
I remember a few times while trying to sleep on MD i would sometimes hear music and think someone would be playing it from outside (from a party or something) but there wasn't actually any music playing and it was from my head, shit was weird. Anyone else experienced this? Some girl told me this shit happened to her aswell, pretty whack...

I would hear 'echoes' of the weekend's music playing in my head on Mondays, following LSD use at music festivals.

I have twice, after consuming psilocybe mushrooms, heard background noise (once with ocean waves, another time with electric fans) morph into some angelic symphony, as if the universe was playing music just for me.

The first time I had DMT, I felt this instantaneous surge of tryptamine terror coursing through me and instinctively stood up and tried to walk away from the situation. I moved through a mercurial slosh composed of metallic alien beetles crawling in a diagonal formation across my living room floor. My ability to see was now completely compromised, but I was able to follow the music inside my head, a symphony orchestra playing The Prodigy's Break & Enter. Several minutes later, I was upstairs, in the sanctuary of my bedroom, having been guided to safety by only faith, luck and the opening track from Music For The Jilted Generation.

Several mescaline adventures ago, I slipped into something of a waking dream, walking through neon lit streets of immense colour and graphic detail. I remember walking past a nightclub door and hearing, very clearly, the untz untz untz bass of the music playing within.

An early 90s documentary showing footage from a rave on new year's eve features a scene where a couple, still off their tits on MD after sunrise, continuing to dance to invisible music despite the sound system having been turned off some time earlier.

So yes, psychedelic drugs and music coming out of the aether - not an unreasonable phenomenon.

I have twice, after consuming psilocybe mushrooms, heard background noise (once with ocean waves, another time with electric fans) morph into some angelic symphony, as if the universe was playing music just for me.

This, this is exactly what i felt.

I remember a few times while trying to sleep on MD i would sometimes hear music and think someone would be playing it from outside (from a party or something) but there wasn't actually any music playing and it was from my head, shit was weird. Anyone else experienced this? Some girl told me this shit happened to her aswell, pretty whack...
I will often "write music" in my head in this state. I quite enjoy it actually

I have music playing in my head, permanently, very loud from being diagnosed as drug induced schizo from tryptamines and lysergamides (plus a few other factors)

This would happen to me always. Walk out the party like ziiiinnnnnggggggggg! Ears ringing. But would fade into music eventually. Could never sleep either since would be hearing music, seeing people dancing. Would even be able to dance to a beat playing in my head.

Especially when you would hear a song in your head that you heard at the party, but couldn't find that song.

Opiates post roll would shut it all up, and let you sleep.

I was coming down off some MDMA after a night out and I caught a cab to go home. I was nodding my head to the perceived beats or kind of echoes of the music I was hearing. Only took me about 40 mins to realize that it was in fact just the sound of the tires. As other's have described it, it wasn't exactly full on music, but more sort of "echoes" of music if that makes sense.

Last edited:
I was coming down of some MDMA after a night out and I caught a cab to go home. I was nodding my head to the perceived beats or kind of echoes of the music I was hearing. Only took me about 40 mins to realize that it was in fact just the sound of the tires. As other's have described it, it wasn't exactly full on music, but more sort of "echoes" of music if that makes sense.

exactly!

I think with Ketamine / dissos yes. I was convinced I had a neighbour playing speed death metal or something. Might've just been tinnitus.

Yeah, almost every time when returning from a party. If for instance I'm traveling back by train, I hear a beat and a melody constantly but when I concentrate I realize it's just the train sounds. Sometimes it happens when I roll at home as well but not as often

Higher doses of mdma allow me to imagine electronic music, especially when going to bed after a party. Candy flips or even heavier doses of lsd on its own also produce melodic electronic beats in my mind when laying quietly

Happened to me once on 900 ug LSD-25. Not fun. Really sucked the joy out of me on that morning.

I've had a few weird experiences with music. After MDMA, my sleep is quite disturbed for a few days to a week. Upon waking up I'd sometimes have weird auditory hallucinations of music. Music like it's playing in the same room. I think it's tied into sleep paralysis because once I wake up properly it turns out it was just ambient noise from a fan. But after my sleep has recovered everything goes back to normal.

Yes. If the music is loud enough, the environment is right, you're in the zone and everything is amazing - the music will play on.
It happened to me one time. Several hours after a really good night out and I was still nodding my head. I still experienced things as I was there with the music playing, loads of people around dancing and having a great time, for quite a long time afterwards. It's kind of unnerving but at the same time funny, depending on the company you keep and the atmosphere. I was told over and over that I was still nodding my head. I couldn't seem to help it for a while.