• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower Anyone get headaches from smoking pot?

Branggen

Bluelighter
Ive been getting headaches recently especially if I take like 5 bong tokes in a short time or something anyone else have this happen to them? Never used to be this way, my theory is that I have burnt all the cilia in my throat and when I cough shit up it can go right past my mouth and into the nasal cavity, causing a headache when I get weed res up in my sinus area. I don't have the same feeling in my throat that I used to from all the bong smoking, and sometimes it feels like mucous is draining down the back of my throat from my nose does anyone know if that's a thing or think it could be possible? Definitely seems connected with smoking either way, maybe its cause of the bong

The headaches could also be from transiently lowered blood pressure. My normal (with meds) bp is ~125/85. With edibles or multiple bong rips on top of my blood pressure meds, the bp can go to 105/70. It’s worse when standing (orthostatic hypotension), but okay when sitting.

ymmv

Tom

Last edited:
Appreciate the replies, I feel like it happens after a lot of coughing which was why I thought it had to do with coughing shit into my sinuses. I used to be able to cough stuff up and spit it out often but its almost like these days if I try to do that I don't actually feel the nasty shit hit the back of my throat and cannot control it going past my mouth. I know its a pretty gross topic but it would be cool if anyone had the same experience. Do you think the smoke inhalation theory holds up if I still have this problem when I say spread the 5 tokes out over many hours?

are you serious brooo?...inhaling that much carbon monoxide in a short time ofc it's gonna give you headaches...

@nznity
I smoke an average of probably 1.5 grams a day, in small tokes probably less than .1g generally pretty spread throughout the day, do you think its that much? I know some people take massive tokes so I can see how 5 tokes might sound like more than it really is for me

@nznity
I smoke an average of probably 1.5 grams a day, in small tokes probably less than .1g generally pretty spread throughout the day, do you think its that much? I know some people take massive tokes so I can see how 5 tokes might sound like more than it really is for me
you're not the only one who gets headaches when you smoke, i get them too. so it's normal bro.

you're not the only one who gets headaches when you smoke, i get them too. so it's normal bro.
Ah well its good to hear its somewhat common I dont hear that from to many people, its weird how I never used to get headaches now. Perhaps Ive been going a little harder recently lol

do you get headaches when you smoke joints or only when you hit the bong?

It could be that you yake massive rips.
also usually people tend to have headaches is when you dont have enought oxigen, go for a run, then rip ghe bing see if running has increased your lung capasity, gotta think like a doctor man especially in those hard times. Smoke a fat j cor me i cannot smoke anymore shits fucked

I rarely smoke joints but I do think they cause less coughing so probably better, gonna try using a pipe for a while I think, also just smoking less in general. I think .5g a day is ideal

I get sinus headaches when I'm drunk and smoke/vape, and nicotine ejuice fucks my sinuses up.

You might have an equally sensitive nose, OP. This usually only happens when I'm drunk and dehydrated.

If you aren't used to strong strains, you can get headaches. It's common after a long break.

I get headaches with strong edibles but not really from smoking. Then again I don't do huge bong hits, that will definitely do it haha.

I can get a headache from anything with any odor or taste...

maybe it is all sinus with me, or tension, sometimes happens after pot.

I try not to exhale through my nose.

my nose is a terrorist.

Your weed don't have seeds, right?

Smoking seeds and branches give headaches, if so, would separate them before smoking