• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Anyone ever tried baltushka/jeff/mulka homemade ephedrone (methcathinone)?

Tryptamite

Bluelighter
This is mainly for eastern european and russian BLers.

I have long been fascinated with the "artisan" homemade production of drugs for personal consumption in countries like russia, ukraine, poland, georgia and the czech republic. processes differ from region to region but since the 70s and 80s the main "homemade" drugs of abuse are ephedrone (methcathinone), vint (methamphetamine) and shirka/kompot (poppy straw concentrate containing morphine and other alkaloids, which may or may not be further acetylated with acetic anhydride to change a percentage of the morphine into heroin).

Drugs are mainly used in liquid form straight after the reaction is complete with very little clean up of the solution. Very seldom is methamp crystalised for example. They are almost always injected.

Whilst "normal" drugs of abuse are available in most cases this art of kitchen chemistry has survived to this day. When you look at the history of artisan drugs in the regions it is easy to see why the infamous krokodil has evolved. Also known as "elektroshirka" (refering back to the poppy soup of old) it is basically codeine in the "vint" (screw) process instead of ephedrine.

There are markets for the necessary ingredients for the different drugs. Some dealers might only sell ephedrine, whilst an old woman at the market might have red phosphorous for sale.

While the chemistry in most cases is sloppy, and the techniques harmful to the body the more I investigate the more I am impressed with the sheer simple ingenuity of some of the contraptions and methods that have been developed.

Anyway... being bored I took a couple of pseudo ephedrine tablets, worked them up and converted them to methcathinone in a similar way to the mulk addicts in ukraine. i took mesures to ensure the solution was well filtered, did not contain binders and excipients and was free of residual manganese which can cause irreversible parkinson like symptoms after long term repeted use. It was about 10mls in all, more liquid than i would normally be comfortable injecting. However an acid base on such a small amount of theoretical ephedrone would have cut the dose down to barely anything due to inevitable mechanical loses. I did not want to evaporate the 10mls down to a regular volume as it was a hassle, i was unsure whether this would damage the ephedrone (i think ketones arent the most stable). Any literature i have read from russian forums seem to suggest that the more volume the better anyway.

So I IV'd my solution and low and behold I was quite pleased with the results. A rush not unlike mephedrone, but les pushy and more relaxing. I feel as though if the dose was higher it would literally have taken my breath away.

I will not be doing this again. That is not to say some busy bee might make some methcathinone crystals in the future but I simply wanted to experience something that I have read so much about.
I know there are some eastern european users on the board who have experience with stablon/coaxil IV (tablets, not powder). Are there any users who can tell me more about there experiences with ephedrone and other homemade drugs, and the home production scene in general?? I would be very interested to hear any stories at all.

I am not looking for any synthesis discussion, just the drug experiences and the scene surrounding them.

Stablon/coaxil is tianeptine, apparently its pretty shocking if injected in terms of vascular damage. Powder perhaps, but not sure on that,

And don't do the methcat permanganate oxidation hot, like was done. Cold, very dilute, long time. Smell of bitter almonds indicates overoxidation to benzaldehyde. Smells lovely though. Chances are there would be SOME present, and the smell is quite overpowering.

I did a toluene oxidation (inadvertently, it was meant to be a nitration-in-situ) and got an overpowering smell of marzipan/almond essence, some yellow, oily stuff, was unfamiliar at the time, but probably a mixture of mono-nitrotoluenes, possibly nitrobenzene and benzaldehyde. Entire room it was done in had this sickly sweet almond type smell for days.

Which is it that causes that 'ballerina' syndrome thing? Where you end up standing on your toes? What a strange effect